TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Anyone Here Using World 305 S/R Torquer Heads and EGR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Camaro
Engine: 305TBI
Transmission: Stock
Axle/Gears: 3.42?
Anyone Here Using World 305 S/R Torquer Heads and EGR?

I am going to use a set of world 305 S/R torquer heads on my TBI with and Edlbrock performer EGR equiped maniforl. I don't want to get rid of the EGR unless I have to since I can't chip tune.

I bought these heads used and went to the web site to get intall info on them. The web site says I have to drill a hole some were in the head to enable the EGR function?! Has anyone done this? I have no Idea from the description where they want you to drill or how to check mine to see if they are already drilled. Just what does drilling them do anyways? Is there just one passage on each head or do I need to do this in 4 places on each head? I am real confused it this a big deal do I need to take these to a shop?

Emissions:
To activate for emissions, the cylinder head will need to be disassembled, then you will need a 6 inch long, ¼ diameter drill bit to drill through the heat crossover passage
(found in the center of the intake flange) to the exhaust bowl. When the exhaust crossover passage is drilled, this activates EGR operation making this head 50 State
emission legal under E.O. # D-343-1. Then the included exemption sticker MUST be by law be placed next to your vehicle’s emission sticker.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Supporter/Moderator

Received 425 Likes on 326 Posts
Car: '90 RS
Engine: 377 LSX
Transmission: Magnum T56
If you look at the intake flange on the head you will see the four main intake ports as well as a port right smack dab in the middle. That is the EGR crossover passage. To help you visualize it better it may help to hold your intake manifold up to it and see where the two EGR ports meet. I wasn't aware that you had to drill in the port to activate the EGR but it appears that you are required to drill a small hole in the EGR cross over passage that goes right into the exhaust port on the head. That is how I interpret it but to make sure I would call World Products tech line. They should be able to help you out and point you in the right direction.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Camaro
Engine: 305TBI
Transmission: Stock
Axle/Gears: 3.42?
Thanks for the info, I will give World a call. What confused me is that when I checked the center port with a flashlight I could see right in to begind the exhaust valve. I did not see anyplace were a hole was drilled or could be drilled. I kind of thought that passage was the one that needed to be drilled out but on my heads its cast wide open just like my stock heads. I will give worls a call when I have the time and patience to be on hold forever.