TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Anyone Tried this TPS mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Anyone Tried this TPS mod?

I know it sounds half way stupid, but I just got the Camaro Performance Handbook in the mail (the one with the blue z28 on the cover). Anyway I was reading through it to see if they had anything I haven't heard of yet. In the TPS section they said its possible to richen your air/fuel ratio, especially at idle. This may help with people having low end stumbling like me.

They say you can rotate the sensor counter clockwise to richen it. Stock voltage at idle should read about .53 to .55. If you go to far it will throw a code so they say to keep it right at .64 for some performance gains and no codes. But they also say .54 is recomended in most instances.

So I guess someone could hook winaldl and monitor the tps voltage and adjust it up to .64 or somewere between .53 and .64 to see if there is any performance gains.

What does everyone think of this? I might try it to see what could happen.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is soemthign that i here a lot fo grand national guys talk about. some say it makes a difference adn some say no. i dont' really understand what it is supposed to change so i never tried it.
take a shot at it and let us know.

later
tim
Old 02-25-2003, 07:57 PM

Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: Anyone Tried this TPS mod?

Originally posted by 89fastlookinRS
I know it sounds half way stupid, but I just got the Camaro Performance Handbook in the mail (the one with the blue z28 on the cover). Anyway I was reading through it to see if they had anything I haven't heard of yet. In the TPS section they said its possible to richen your air/fuel ratio, especially at idle. This may help with people having low end stumbling like me.

They say you can rotate the sensor counter clockwise to richen it. Stock voltage at idle should read about .53 to .55. If you go to far it will throw a code so they say to keep it right at .64 for some performance gains and no codes. But they also say .54 is recomended in most instances.

So I guess someone could hook winaldl and monitor the tps voltage and adjust it up to .64 or somewere between .53 and .64 to see if there is any performance gains.

What does everyone think of this? I might try it to see what could happen.
And placebos cure the common cold. . .

Take my word for it, these guys haven't a clue.

RBob.