Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

line lock

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 02:14 PM
Dee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
line lock

just picked up a line lock, do you tap it in on the front line for the front brake or is it the rear line for the front brake, does it also go beteen the master cylinder and proportioning valve or after the proportioning valve. Thanks 88' IROC
Old 04-11-2001, 09:16 PM

If you plan on racing at a track, the NHRA rules require the installation to be downstream from the proportioning valve. You will have to plug one of the two front brake outlet ports on the factory proportioning valve and connect the other front brake outlet port to the line-loc inlet port. The two front brake lines are then connected to the line loc outlet port(s). My Hurst unit has two outlet ports. If your valve only has one outlet port, you will need to install a T-fitting downstream of the line-loc and connect the front brake lines to the T-fitting.
I believe that the factory brake lines on your car are metric. Does anyone here know where to locate adapter fittings to convert from the factory metric line size to NPT ?? Some of the guys suggested that some of the import shops may help here - any names or web addresses might help both of us. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:54 PM
ede
TGO Supporter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you wouldn't convert from metric to npt, just american thread sizes. i got the metric lines at auto zone for my line lock and new lines i ran to the front brakes. for adapters try napa, the one here seems to have everything

------------------
ICON Motorsports

1st & 3rd
MM Black Diamond 538 F&AM
Old 04-12-2001, 09:58 PM

I went to a local parts store today with my factory proportioning valve and Hurst line loc in hand. After pilfering through their assortment of adapter fittings, I was able to determine the sizes I need. The factory brake lines are a M10 x 1.00 male "bubble" flare. According to the documentation in the line loc package plus my own testing today, the holes in the solenoid are 1/8" NPT. I don't understand why you need to convert to SAE flare sizes, unless the correct adapters from "bubble" flare to NPT are not available and you have to go through multi-step conversions (i.e. bubble-SAE-NPT). Please feel free to help on this issue or correct any erroneous info I have posted. This is a topic that I am in the process of dealing with at this time, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.