Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

is there a POWER Pinto Rack??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z
Engine: Somethin Nice!!
Transmission: T56
is there a POWER Pinto Rack??

just wondeing if there were a power pinto rack or are they all manual?

also i was wondering if i were to switch to a 4th gen power rack and utilize the Racecraft drop spindles with shorter steering arms would i have any steering issues such as the crappy steering radius as many ppl on here have discussed? the Racecraft websites says it was designed for the better steering radius when used with a pinot rack but does that mean the 4th gen rack wont benefit from these spindles as well?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Car: 1988 Camaro, 1986 S10, 2000 Harley
Engine: LS6
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.75 9" ford trac loc
Re: is there a POWER Pinto Rack??

When someone refers to a Pinto rack they are usually talking about the 71' -72' model years, and they are all manual. The power racks are from 74' up Pinto and Mustang II. They are manual racks from these years too.The racks from the later models mount differently and do not interchange with the earlier years. Dean
Old 12-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Supreme Member

Re: is there a POWER Pinto Rack??

Originally Posted by C Murda
just wondeing if there were a power pinto rack or are they all manual?

also i was wondering if i were to switch to a 4th gen power rack and utilize the Racecraft drop spindles with shorter steering arms would i have any steering issues such as the crappy steering radius as many ppl on here have discussed? the Racecraft websites says it was designed for the better steering radius when used with a pinot rack but does that mean the 4th gen rack wont benefit from these spindles as well?
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I want to know the same thing. How well do these drop spinals work with a power rack? Everyone that has racekraft drop spinals runs them with a manual rack. I have a 4th gen rack.

why is it that everyone makes manual racks but not power for the 3rd gen fbody? Did nobody ever think that a person might want to drive daily with a power rack?