Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

AG kit springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 camaro rs
Engine: lo3 305 tbi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 , 3.42 soon
AG kit springs?

Anybody running these? They have the stance I want, but I want a performance spring, well in other words when I hit the gas I don't want the rearend to almost rub the tires. I had read that sportlines do this? Anyways hers the specs and the website AGKIT.com

82-92 Chevrolet Camaro (Excl. Convertible) V8 only AG KIT lowering springs..NEW...1.6"F & 1.4"R

Availability: In Stock
Condition: Brand New
Start Price: $89.00
Part No: AG-106

Frequently Asked Questions about AG KIT springs

Is this a new company, i've never heard of AG Kit springs?

No, the Aniceto Gomez factory located in Buenos Aires, Argentina has been in business over 50 years. They make a wide range of springs for cars and trucks, not just lowering springs. They do make OEM springs as well.

If they have been around so long, why have I never heard of this brand?

Aniceto Gomez has been selling their springs in the United States for several years now, just under private label brands for US customers. Their AG line, which is their own brand spring, has been selling in Central & South American countries for much longer. We are proud to be the first company offering the AG kit line here in the USA.

So why should I consider AG kit springs?

AG kits offer a very smooth ride combined with an aggressive drop stance. Not just a regular 1" drop like most spring manufactures, AG springs also want the appearance of your ride to look good too.

Where can I find more information about Ag kit?

You can go to www.agkit.com for a detailed look at the Aniceto Gomez company. Their extensive application list takes in over 100 vehicle applications, and is continually growing!! Chances are there is an application to fit your vehicle.

I think I would rather stick with a company who has a proven brand name.

The choice is up to you, its your hard earned dough, but keep this in mind, AG is produced in Argentina at a factory who does OEM springs for some of the major auto manufactures in the South American market. The factory has been around for over 50 years, far longer than Tein or any of the Chinese factories.

These springs lower 1.60" front and 1.40" rear
All our springs carry an ISO 9001 standardization and are TUV approved.

Springs in picture are actual application. We take our own pics to show you that we have the item IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP!!

We are an Authorized AG kit Distributor and the Full Warranty is Authorized through our auctions.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: 406
Transmission: 350th
Axle/Gears: 373:1
Re: AG kit springs?

From my understanding they have a fairly low spring rate, and are not advisable for most performance purposes. I have also heard complaints that they lower the car to much, and cause it to bottom out.

A prokit would probably be a better choice.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 camaro rs
Engine: lo3 305 tbi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 , 3.42 soon
Re: AG kit springs?

Anyone else know anything about these? Their what I want I wonder if I cut the bump stops if I would have to worry about them bottoming out? I talked to the company that sells them and their is a full warranty on them, so if the bottom out or they set thecar to low I can send them back. I don't go around curves at 100 so I'm not real worried about bottoming out, but I do like to go in a straight line pretty fast, as long as it accelerates like it is now I really don't care I just want them for the look.