Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

Front end vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 84 Camaro Z28
Engine: carbed 350
Transmission: T5
Front end vibration

i just recently had all new tires put on my car. The fronts are 235-60-15's. ever since i had the tires on my car i can hear a loud vibration from my front drivers side tire. It almost sounds like the tire is wobbling back and forth, sort of like driving on a flat tire. i was just wondering what this vibration could be. i can feel it at any driving speed, the faster i go the faster the vibrations hit. When i push on the brake pedal all the vibrations stop, but when i release it they come right back again. Im guessing its the wheels not balanced right, but could it be other things like alignment, or wheel bearings. i just thought it was weird that i would notice a wheel bearing being bad after i put tires on. any help would be appreciated. by the way i got tires at wally world, thats the reason i think its not balanced right also. it took about a day of driving around after i got the tires to actually start hearing the noise. i went home pulled the tire and made sure all the suspension was solid underneath. everything felt fine and when i put the tire back on it rode smooth for about a mile then the noise came back. im probably going to go back to walmart and have them rebalance it. thanks for any help.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 82 Camaro; in process of resto
Engine: 350 4bbl.
Transmission: 700R4 with B&M Lockup
Axle/Gears: Moser 28-spline axle; 3.23 gears
Here's what I'm thinking--My first guess would be out-of balance. Second guess would be a separated belt in the (new) tire. That would keep getting worse. Last resort...wheel bearings.

Just my 2 cents. I had the same problem...mine turned out to be wheel bearings. I didn't notice my problem until the new tires either...but as I recall my old tires were in horrible shape so it was probably masked by them.