Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

UPDATE-hand brake/seat belt recall-please read

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1983 Camaro Z28
Engine: 5.0L HO
Transmission: 5speed
UPDATE-hand brake/seat belt recall-please read

I filed a commplaint and talked with the head manager of the National Highway Traffic and safety admin.(D.O.T.) in Wash., here is what he said....He understands our position, and URGES all that have the problem to get online or call and file an official complaint(takes a few mins.), and if they get enough, they will launch an investigation, especially if anyone of you were injured or property damage because of the defects. If you have already had the recall done at a dealer, this doesn not apply, only to us that have not, and been refused. Here is a problem..he said they can let GM know, and put media attention on this but cannot enforce anything, he suggested that we also contact our state attorney General office, and BBB, and file a complaint..I did online this morning in California, real easy. They have lots of clout. Yesterday, I called Executive offices of GM in Detroit, and talked with a them, she gave me same run-around that my campaign was closed, so I asked her if I could prove my point that the car had never had the new recall parts, If I let the dealer,ex. look at my seat belt, and tell me if it was the recall parts..she said NO, do not bother, it makes no differance...boy that made my hair stand up...they do not care, even if you show them proof, so my suggestion to all who want something done, get busy filing complaints...I would imagine we would have a good class action suit here also, but do not have funds for a lawyer...any lawyers out there willing to help us?
Anyway, good luck, and if you have any succes, please post or email so we can help each other,
Thanks, Dennis