Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

Question for those with Tubular A Arms with Perches

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 07:30 AM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Car: 89 TTA
Engine: Turbo 3.8
Transmission: 200R4
CrazyHawaiian has the right idea. But I'm sure given enough time, the aftermarket will come out with some A-arms light and stronger than stock. I received this reply Sept. 26 2003 in an email I sent to Global West.

"The lower tubular control arms are in development for the next year.
Please check with us then for an update.

Thanks for your inquiry.
Global West Suspension"

So maybe the future is already looker brighter for thirdgen front suspensions.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those look more boxed then tubular....not that it matters. who makes those?

Old 10-20-2003, 10:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
SPC makes them and they cost around $200 each. They come with K727 Ball Joints installed, plus monoballs and inserts. More expensive than some of the PA units but they are designed for roadracing (actually, stock car racing), not drag racing. I've spoken with their engineers and I'm convinced these will be able to handle the stresses of roadracing or drifting. The only question I forgot to ask is how much lighter they are than the stock pieces. Doh!
Old 10-21-2003, 12:26 AM
Supreme Member

that's a pretty decent price considering what stock oem pieces go for let alone versions from pa and the like. i agree that anyone who is truly going to put them through the corners would definately want to reinforce the pa and other similar units.

i would like to see a set much like pa racings version tested on a track just to have hard facts on how they hold up. while 400 for the set might seem like much i'd rather pay now then when you break something going into a turn.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:16 AM

Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 5.7 Stealth Ram
Transmission: Pro-Built 700R4
well i am still at a loss for what is making these things pop like crazy....put the stock a arms back on today with new poly a arms bushings and trw ball joint and magically the problem is gone.

Thunder Racing and PA Racing are giving me a hard time about returning them and I am gonna be a unhappy camper if they screw me. Thunder Racing tried to tell me everything I have already tried and then said that anything else will have to be taken up with PA Racing cause its a warranty isssue. PA Racing says I have to do a refund through Thunder cause thats who i bought them from. Great customer service from these people. They kept saying "they shoud work because they work for other camaro's, they should work with your eibach springs, blah blah...." BOTTOM LINE IS THEY DONT AND NOW I HAVE A $325 PART THAT I CANT USE!!!!!!!

Thunder wont get anymore of my business. You think they would be a little better to me as I have spent $650+ with them in the last 3 weeks and had planned to buy a Holley Stealth Ram from them next week cause they are $20 cheaper than summit. I think i will give my extra $20 ti summit cause i know they will stand by what they sell.

I am gonna take some pictures of these arms for you guys and show you some of my problems with them. The perch on the passanger side is all scratched up from where my spring is able to just move around, and i noticed today that the main arm of the a arm is welded in the center of where the a arms bolts to the frame on one arm and welded like 1/8 of an inch to the right on the other arm...Poor measuring I noticed just with the naked eye. The car also feels a lot nicer with the stock arms on again.

I put the stock springs in the perch of the a arms and they have the same 1/2 inch gap when sitting in the a arm as my eibach springs.....When i put my spring in the stock a arm there is no such gap, a nice snug fit, and THAT is how these should fit.

I shoulda listened to those who said PA racing's parts didnt fit well and waited for spohn to come out with them. I just really didnt want to have to drill out the stock a arm bushings and press in a new ball joint. Well I ended up doing that anyway...

So anyone wanna take these things off my hands??
Old 10-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '87 Chev
Engine: 60*V6
Transmission: DY T700
Gen X, Did you pay with a credit card? If so, call the company- tell them your problem, tell them you are trying to return them and Thunder will not abide- the credit card company will handle it.

If it was cash or check- call the Better Business Bureau ( Call them anyways, even if paid CC)

Let this send a message to THUNDER Racing, You are a board sponsor- you are on NOTICE: You have lost any future business from me! (I don't care if this does get resovled later- Your actions are B.S. (Always stand behind the product or vendor you represent- its their problem, not the customers)

Dean
Old 11-02-2003, 11:55 PM

Car: 84 Firebird
Engine: 2.8l
Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
SPC makes them and they cost around $200 each. They come with K727 Ball Joints installed, plus monoballs and inserts. More expensive than some of the PA units but they are designed for roadracing (actually, stock car racing), not drag racing. I've spoken with their engineers and I'm convinced these will be able to handle the stresses of roadracing or drifting. The only question I forgot to ask is how much lighter they are than the stock pieces. Doh!
do they have a site or something to check them out man??
Old 11-03-2003, 01:58 AM
Supreme Member

that's unfortunate that pa is giving you those problems.......pa or anyone else should back their product and while others including myself have been lucky i certainly know how it goes. i spent $3,000 with tpis and i'm having similar troubles.

i wish you luck.