Southern California Area Southern California Members.

Corbeau seats for your F-body which would you go with?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 PM

Corbeau seats for your F-body which would you go with?

Ok Im not having any luck finding any Camaro seats for a Rally Sport.
This person just wants to fix up his interior and needs to start with seats.
it's my wifes co workers Husbands White 91 Rally Sport with Bad interior and I hear wires hanging out. I gotta get him to understand to find a Camaro seat in good condition is hard to get local. Corbeau is here local in Costa Mesa.
I pick the Corbeau GTS II Reclining Seat in Black Leather/Grey Microsuede

http://treperformance.com/c-184-inte...eau-seats.html

Or would you pay the price an just have the camaro seat upgraded?
Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 firebird bone stock for now
Engine: 2.8L V6
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: B.W 9Bolt 3.27 Posi
Re: Corbeau seats for your F-body which would you go with?

i have seat out of an 86 iroc id be willing to sell you. not the greatest shape but better than any ive seen going for sell claiming to be in good condition. driver sides power and passanger side seat needs to be fixed to be able to pull forwards. and all need a decent cleaning. willing to let them go cheap if the price is right. let me know if your interested. can send pics bro

as far as the corbeau seats im totally with you on those gts 2's. dont look aftermarket but look sweet and comfortable. if i were rich id have a set of those in my birdy
Old 04-25-2012, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mailman818
i have seat out of an 86 iroc id be willing to sell you. not the greatest shape but better than any ive seen going for sell claiming to be in good condition. driver sides power and passanger side seat needs to be fixed to be able to pull forwards. and all need a decent cleaning. willing to let them go cheap if the price is right. let me know if your interested. can send pics bro

as far as the corbeau seats im totally with you on those gts 2's. dont look aftermarket but look sweet and comfortable. if i were rich id have a set of those in my birdy
Yeah the 86 Iroc probably isnt the right colors. And he needs non power..I dont know if the guy is rich or not. But Im sending him home a print out of these seats. And see if he is willing to really make his interior nice. I wish I didnt have other things to replace or Id sell him my 3rdgen black leather seats and get some more cash and get those.. It could be an option but I wouldnt be able to join the event race in 4 months Id be with out seats. Mine has left side wear. But I do have the leather for corbeau for him to redo if he wanted the driver mint. But yeah doubt I can do that. So that's two people for the gts 2's
Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 AM

So yeah I'm giving this guy the option to buy these seats but I'm sure there out of his price range considering he needs some other interior work that I don't know yet. So I'm sending him a print out of these seats and an option to buy my seats and a leather skin that he can have the driver seat redone. I actually have two skins of large leather so he could probably have them both. But I would like to keep one skin to buy camaro back seats and have the backs done with this leather. Probably save some money there. My leather seats are nice but these Corbeau seat seems to be great and comfortable and they say they have stuff they can install if you have back problems for the lumbar and bottoms an etc bladder support. Little extra cost but if your going to spend that much money on seats like this you might as well go all out. But over all Im still doubting i'll be able to get them. Just depends if this guy wants to spend what I want for my seats.

I'm fixing a lot of things with my car that I didn't complete in the past. I'm rebuilding everything with the steering gear box, new power steering pump I just got, new pressure hose. Center Link, idler arms all tie rods and new pitman arm, global west tie rod sleeves. New tires an alignment, Lower ball joints I have already replaced.
So the Corbeau GTS II Reclining Seats would just be awesome if I bought those an sold my leather seats.

I need a new turn signal installed an available parts for replacing that and I need a new fuel sending unit I already have a Gm new pump in there. And then everything is just about fixed. maybe new struts and shocks later. The car is launching pretty good now. So no suspension needs to be done.
New convertors and smog will be easy to pass.

So seems like I don't need much advice with these seats, they pretty much sell themselves if you have that kinda money to spend. Heck then I'll probably need a new steering wheel..get my ECU back in the stock location other than on the passenger floor.

So Justin if I'm not ready in four months props to you if you make a 8.01 1/8th mile pass or better. I'm more interested in getting my car more street friendly than thinking about drag racing. At the moment. As you can see I have more money to spend than what you purchased your complete total 4th gen and motor swap. An props to you having the complete steering an suspension installed also with your swap. What it have you said 50K or more. That wont need any attention for a long time. Everybody builds there car different. I just like when I pop my hood I have a Tpi Super Ram that people know that is honed out and ported to the max for over all horse power and torque. A custom 383 ci Vortec. And I did not spend extra money to lie about being a stroker. That was for other purposes and power an balancing. If things may have worked out better yeah we could have fooled every one saying it was just a 355 pushing 442rwtq but that would have been a little fishy. A Nova with Vortec's ran 12 flat. So that's why I went with the Vortecs and I wanted to stay with a Gm performance build. Gm ZZ4 cam rods crank, forged pistons. This stroker will run strong and hold up for a long time. Especially with less miles that I drive it. So get out there and pound the track an get some good Et's. You will have a base idea what you need to do if you want to get faster.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 89 IROC Z28
Engine: 357 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Posi

I have heard from reliable sources that the 383 with a TPI setup just can't flow enough air to make much of a difference over a well built 355. Add a supercharger and you're good to go.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by ringo234
I have heard from reliable sources that the 383 with a TPI setup just can't flow enough air to make much of a difference over a well built 355. Add a supercharger and you're good to go.
My friend a Tpi is torque to start stock Tpi you know that. Slp runners are a hp gainer. A Super Ram is torque even being honed out. I have the largest Tpi Throttle body. a 1000 cfm Lingenfelther throttle body you know that. I have Large A/C ducting for my ram air. Just installing the ram air I picked up 20 hp. Yeah 355's are doing well. But there not Gm 355's I have a Gm 383ci and I'm still around the torque range of rwtq.. I built my car for torque. So I'm still up there with Super Ram 406 sbc's.. Only way your going to flow more than a 1000 cfm is if you get a Tbi kinda throttle body that is 2000 cfm and it goes into the largest Super Charger there is. And then goes into the Inter cooler in the passenger seat. Most the 355's are running larger cams than a Lt4 Hot cam and custom grinds and they all have Flowing heads Afr's, Brodix etc. My ported Vortec flow just under the Afr 195. The standard 195. Not the race or the eliminator or the cnc Afr just the low budget Afr 195.

I'm not going to be like Vincent an Put a Mini ram in to make my 389 rwhp to turn into 403rwhp and drop my 442 rear wheel torque.. Vincent gained horse power with the 360ci mini ram a 355 would be less horse power. He Lost a lot of torque. Vincent built his car for horse power. Why because Vincent takes off like a boost of Nitrous when he hits second gear. But Vincent does not launch that well because his torque lost an he is a lowered vehicle. The way I feel and see it is Id take a hole shot on Vincent at least half a car and keep moving and Vincent is going to have to run down a short distance after he hits second gear.. For Vincent an people to say he eat up my 383 I'm sorry but the cars are equal numbered. Vincent may pull harder at the end with top end horse power. But Vincent will not win by a car or two. Because that be a 13 second run. I'm not a 13 second car. I mean I'm just being honest and I never heard a tpi 355 just be the best for the flow for the Tpi. The Honed Super Ram is enough air for the stroker. I don't need air I have that. What I need is clearance rods and crank for a larger cam than a Lt4 Hot cam.. I can put in a 236/242 and A lot of the 355's wont even come close.. That's a racing cam there not even near that because that's a Non smog legal cam.. But why would I do that? Car is fine.. It will run the 1/4 an receive it's times when the correct time comes.
So Ca yes there mostly 355's other states there runing 406ci 434ci sbc.. And still using a Tpi Super Ram.. I'm not going to Siamese my Super Ram. They don't even make them any more. So they got what they want. I got what I want..Other than everything we both have said we are not going to convince each other.. There like 3 motors already.. How many swaps and changes?? Many.. I'm on number one.. They went with heads and cam an rockers and other tweaks.. I went with cubic inches nothing else. When a world professional tuner tunes your car knowing it's mostly a Gm platform and makes 442rwtq he was more excited than I was.. I know of some one that is building a Mini ram sbc.. He will be making 550rwhp plus when it's finished.. Whole different ball game there. Way more money into the base of the block and all the roller stuff into the block. Larger header than a 1 3/4.. That much power is not a street car, We all are a Street car level mostly. An In fact I don't know what Don, Kevin are running what Tpi now but they had some one not going to mention his name design them.. I wanted when you pop my hood it is legal looking.. Custom work is cool it takes time and skill an yeah you have your results.. We all do.. So No im not going to change my 383ci to a 355 or 360ci.. Even if I don't run as fast. Like I said.. I want to get the classic feel gone from the car and put the Iroc feel back into it. That in no way requires a motor. You spend more time on the street anyway's. What are you going to find to play with a 5th gen a Mustang maybe a 4thgen.. A Import running direct port nitrous??

So main question is what do you think about these seats? What color White Car Red car.. My door panels have some gray in them carpet is black. I was thinking the black leather with the gray micro suede..

So I'm sure you have been to meetings an all an I'm sure you all have talked about the 355's..When a 406ci is there every one is looking at it..We look at everything.. But we need an event in four months. And I'm hope I'm done.. Hell I need some Dental work and your all out for this racing lol.. So far the Tpi crowd seems like they already went an raced the Lsx's an I don't know what can be honestly said or what's the winner. But Allen says for the next event Tpi will take it.. Allen probably will.. Allen got money and retirement an all the time in the world to be the winner. Me I don't even have near the stall convertor Allen is running.. I have the Trans but not that high stall. And I don't even know what Allen is doing. From my understanding I don't even know if all can agree for even a trophy an the class. I'm not a 355 class I'm not a lsx class. I'm a 383ci tpi class. There has to be some other 383ci out there. I mean to be fair. We have all these different types of builds legal an non legal I don't know what would be fair to do. Seems like the Tpi vs Lsx subject has to be spoken in private and more fair to discuss in person than over the net. Because I don't have a clue.. I heard this stuff like alright I'll get you next time being me but must have related to this vs. vs and they were going to bring more or maybe it was settled an understood before everyone said the hell with this can we get a drink already.
And yes Super Charger would be nice but not interested. It does help though. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by ringo234

Ok this is my post why you mentioned reliable sources.

when I pop my hood I have a Tpi Super Ram that people know that is honed out and ported to the max for over all horse power and torque. A custom 383 ci Vortec.

Im just basically talking about the appeal of the over all look of the car.
If I can I would like to get some work other Lsx's members have done. Like I mentioned redoing my steering components. I don't think Id ever have any 4th gen stuff done to my car though. Because that to me is modern.
Modern is nice. But like I mentioned before I want to stay with the Classic side. If it were having brakes. I been told the J65 are fine but that was from some one not having those style brakes since 89 an he must have for got an not thinking how better a 4th gen style brake is. I would an when I have a brake upgrade Id probably go beyond a 4th gen an get something better. Stock stuff works but I want a different appeal again.

So of course when I'm writing I go in an out of subjects and get people confused what I'm talking about an it seems to be banter. I guess that would just be a Blah of my understanding of banter or different context of different subject an what it refers to or who pr why..

Yes your sources might be right if some one has a 383ci an a Super Ram that it may not flow enough. I think with cam and better heads would open up the flow range a 383ci needs. I mean 389rwhp is not bad with a set of ported Vortec's.. A long time ago Afr was a ? and what they really did and what they flowed. I think now they flow more of course. But there is a better head out there now and that's for some one with a Super Charger an Inter cooler with a 434ci an he needs more flow out of the heads. I for get what he will be putting in but his heads he had just were not enough flow per cubic inch and super charger. So I'm not saying your wrong or your sources are wrong. Because I have heard it before. Vincent and that is a whole another story and I should not of brought that up. But me an you were comparing the Intake..And I just mentioned what he gained an what he lost and he an I an you all knew before he even did the swap he seen that on the chart already. But to go with Vincent Vette style Super Ram and the Camaro Super Ram he did try to explain why his was better. We don't have the proof of that because he never used a Camaro style vs the other one with the same combo. I just know it is smaller for hood clearance.

I want to keep my car smog legal though.. If it's not putting out the same power I next dyno Jet and tune.. Later on Id probably go buy some Afr's and offer my Vortecs for probably sixty cents on the dollar used but adding the cost of the porting, Not adding the cost of the manley springs and retainers though. They then would just cost to much.

So back to Tre. I cant believe 700.00 or so for one leather seat I thought it was for both but it says seat. I seen a set of leather seats on Hawks and there a 1,000?? or so. They maybe already sold. Id probably give up my set to this guy only if he paid me the price for the Corbeau pair seats..Unless I can find something that I know he will like an match with his interior. The Black leather will match I'm sure. And the Gts 2 seat will match with mine..

I think with my car sitting so long and before I stopped driving it it was just being pushed and I needed to go over a lot of things an be sure it was already done a long time ago. So now I have all this crap to repair. It's a number of things yes but the cost is so high. A sending unit or a turn signal is not going to stop me though if a future event takes place though. But I want to be sure I'm ready though..

But honestly dont you think just by upgrading the heads for more flow will do just as good as you see the 355's flow? A super charger would be nice but then 355's wont want to run with that. Or Bracket race that.. It be great for running an comparing with my own class though. But sorry I cant do that.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC-Z
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 9" spooled 3.70

Here a little tip. The passenger seats are hardly ever worn out. Find one at the junkyard and switch the foams to the driver side. Thats what I did and I have a pair of almost perfect stockers imo. However the 3rd gen camaro seats offer horrible back support and those corbeaus look pretty comfy..some day...
Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by 92purplehaze
Here a little tip. The passenger seats are hardly ever worn out. Find one at the junkyard and switch the foams to the driver side. Thats what I did and I have a pair of almost perfect stockers imo. However the 3rd gen camaro seats offer horrible back support and those corbeaus look pretty comfy..some day...
Yeah I think I have heard of something like that before.
Problem is finding the correct color in a junk yard and these cars are almost history in the junk yards. A year ago I went to Stanton pyp. And found one Camaro only. I was just there to get a fuel guage before I found out about the sending unit. Just wanted to be sure that guage did the same thing.
Honestly this guy is going to have to pay out the big bucks. He is going to have to either buy my leather seats or have a shop redo his seats and it's expensive. So if you want your interior complete and new you gotta pay the price. You probably did that swap in yours right around the time before it was very hard to find a nice set of seats. to match with your door trim and carpet.. If he buys my set Id be making over a 100% profit compared to what I paid, and a new skin to go with it. And Id take the gt's 2 an I dont need back seats. I dont have kids and two is all I need. I could find some rears later and have them redone. Leather an Micro suede. Just like the gts' 2's.. Thanks for the heads up though.. I'll keep searching some where local if there the correct color. But Im not going to pyp for them.. So just gotta see how serious this person is first.. So no Hi hopes yet.