Southern California Area Southern California Members.

New CA cat law.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R
New CA cat law.

I recently found out that ALL CA legal catalytic converters MUST have the CARB EO STAMPED into the casing. Anything else a vendor may sell you as "CA Legal" is not a legal replacement without the stamp on the case.

http://www.car-sound.com/04basics/04california.asp

NEW LAW DATE: Effective January 1st, 2009

LAW CODE: California Vehicle Code Section 27156 & 38391

WHO THE NEW LAWS EFFECT?: Manufacturers, Installers and Resellers of New Aftermarket Catalytic Converters.

General Guidelines:

CALIFORNIA VEHICLE APPLICATION CATALOG INSTRUCTIONS - For California Application look-up it will no longer be based upon G.V.W. (Gross Vehicle Weight) and engine size. Catalytic Converter Application look-up for California ONLY is the only approved method for determining the correct part number. It is illegal in California to select a catalytic converter for installation based solely on vehicle weight, engine size, physical shape, size, configuration or pipe diameter.

For California non-OBD-II vehicles, the application list will identify the vehicle based on the categories below:

(PC-1): Passenger cars with single or dual exhaust systems with one catalytic converter per exhaust bank.

(T-1): Light-duty or medium-duty trucks with single or dual exhaust systems with one catalytic converter per exhaust bank.

(PC-2): Passenger cars with single or dual exhaust systems with two or more catalytic converters per exhaust bank.

(T-2): Light-duty or medium-duty trucks with single or dual exhaust systems with two or more catalytic converters per exhaust bank.

DETERMINING SINGLE AND DUAL CONFIGURATIONS - A single configuration refers to vehicles with an OEM catalytic converter configuration consisting of a single catalytic converter per bank.

A dual configuration refers to vehicles with an OEM catalytic converter configuration with two or more catalytic converters inline per bank.

IDENTIFYING A NEW CALIFORNIA AFTERMARKET CATALYTIC CONVERTERS - As of January 1st, 2009, what you need to look for to ensure you are selling, buying or installing California LEGAL catalytic converters:

The body should be clearly labeled with the following:

A.R.B.- EO Number: (example: D-193-88)

Part Number: (example: 34015)

Date Code: (example: 0109)

Directional Flow Arrow

1/2" Tall Numbers

Must Be Visible From 5ft. Away!

New California Aftermarket Catalytic Converters
As of January 1st, 2009, What You Can and What You Cannot Sell/Required:

(A) The vehicle is specifically included in the vehicle application list for which the new aftermarket catalytic converter has been exempted;

(B) The vehicle is more than 7 years old or has more than 70,000 miles on its odometer;

(C) The vehicle is beyond the coverage of the OEM catalyst warranty period (which can vary from 7 years or 70,000 miles to as high as 15 years or 150,000 miles).2 Installers may reference the vehicle owner’s manual/warranty booklet or contact the vehicle manufacturer or its representative to verify the applicable OEM catalyst warranty;

(D) The vehicle has a legitimate need for replacement of the existing converter that has been established and documented by the installer on the repair invoice. If the OEM converter is present, the installer must make a determination that it is not functioning properly before acting to replace it;

(E) The exempted new aftermarket catalytic converter is installed in the same location as the OEM catalytic converter it is designed to replace. The front face of the installed catalytic converter shall be no more than three inches further upstream or downstream in the exhaust from where the front face of the OEM catalytic converter was located. The installation may not alter the location, position, or orientation of oxygen sensors upstream and downstream of the catalytic converter(s);

(F) The exempted new aftermarket catalytic converter is installed on a one-for one catalytic converter (not substrate) basis;

(G) The exempted new aftermarket catalytic converter is installed with all other required catalytic converters (no consolidation of catalytic converters, nor addition of extra catalytic converters is allowed); and

(H) A warranty card has been filled out by the installer, signed by the customer, attached to the repair invoice, and a copy returned to the manufacturer.

(I) Installers shall keep documentation regarding the installation of the new aftermarket catalytic converters including all of the above information. This documentation shall be made available to ARB or its representative as provided for in title 13, section 2222(b)(8). All such records shall be maintained for four years from the date of sale or installation of the catalytic converter.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...ftermktcat.htm

http://www.car-sound.com/02product/02california.asp
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Trans Am/Kenworth
Engine: 383/435 Cat
Transmission: T5/10 speed
Re: New CA cat law.

not only that. there gonna go around checking everyones air pressure on their tires.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC-Z
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 9" spooled 3.70

Old 01-15-2010, 12:22 AM

Car: 1987 Firebird Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI (68,XXX MILES!)
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

... Ugh.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 AM

Car: 88' TA Digital Dash
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:23 Posi Disk 10 Bolt

And even though the post is true as the law states...

Like always, there's a way to get "around" this...

We all "know" that most smog tech's don't go lookin' for the stamped info on the cat.. At least the kat's I know don't..

I replaced a cat. on my '92 RS earlier this year with one that officially doesn't apply to the law stated above.. Well, I had it smog'd after the fact and not an issue...

My feeling is to pay another couple hundred dollars for a cat, when the one I purchased is just fine everywhere else is Zzzzzzzzzz...... Hello! Our cars are old and realistically not the most efficient vehicles compared to the standards of today (I say that with a grain o' salt). I now own an '88 TA.. It's 21 years old, give me a break....

Leave my ride alone!

Adrian....

Last edited by bungo78; 11-11-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 AM

New a year ago. Thats why the price on them here went through the roof.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.89

How are they going to know when the cat was installed? I mean come on... I can buy a "non-legal" one and weld it on myself... Oh it was installed last year... How are they going to fail me?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 AM

Car: 1992 RS
Engine: LS1
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by 89 TA
not only that. there gonna go around checking everyones air pressure on their tires.
Please tell me that's a joke. I don't believe I'm being gullible on this one because this is California.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:39 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: L98 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: ZT LSD with 3.42 - LS1 brakes

Somehow, it wouldn't surpirse me if they did...

This IS california after all...

and they will do anything they can for money...

Old 01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Supreme Member

I just had a car smogged and the tech went into the pit and looked around under the car.
So my guess is he was checking the cat.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by thegooseman
Please tell me that's a joke. I don't believe I'm being gullible on this one because this is California.
Its not a joke, however it looks like enough people called the ARB to tell them how dumb they are and they realized their error of judgment in requiring this. You have to remember the same people or relatives or acquaintances of them want all our cars and houses painted white (or at least not black) and contemplated banning that evil chemical dihydrogen monoxide.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro LT
Engine: LG4 w/ SLP headers & a 3" catback
Transmission: THM700R4 (Stock)
Axle/Gears: Stock 2.73 gears. No Posi

It pisses me off considering my car has passed the smog with a 3" in and out cat. Yet, they consider some of the new cars buring diesal as "clean" cars, and don't forget those school busses that we all one time or another have to be behind at a stop and all that soot blowing into our faces. Our CA smog laws are totally biased and f***ed up.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305CID (LB9)
Transmission: World Class T5
Axle/Gears: 10-bolt, 4.10 gears

Originally Posted by madmax
Its not a joke, however it looks like enough people called the ARB to tell them how dumb they are and they realized their error of judgment in requiring this. You have to remember the same people or relatives or acquaintances of them want all our cars and houses painted white (or at least not black) and contemplated banning that evil chemical dihydrogen monoxide.
California has lots of stupid laws. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 PM

Car: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 347ci forged LS1
Transmission: Xtreme Transmissions Stage 2 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42:1 GU6/G80 10 bolt

This is old news - as of last year. It's not really an issue. You just have to find a seller on eBay who will ship a universal highflow to CA, and then have your shady exhaust shop friend install it.

Last edited by ZexGX; 01-15-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by ZexGX
This is old news - as of last year. It's not really an issue. You just have to find a seller on eBay who will ship a universal highflow to CA, and then have your shady exhaust shop friend install it.
I love people with the simple answers.

Funny, I don't remember a thread on this last year.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM

Car: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 347ci forged LS1
Transmission: Xtreme Transmissions Stage 2 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42:1 GU6/G80 10 bolt

Originally Posted by injdinjn
I love people with the simple answers.

Funny, I don't remember a thread on this last year.
It was all over the net and by word of mouth in the exhaust shops (since they typically try to follow CA law)... Not my fault you guys miss out on some things! Half of the guys at G35driver had no idea that CA has random smog checkpoints. Funny stuff. Thanks for spreading the word though.

Last edited by ZexGX; 01-15-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by 87WS6
California has lots of stupid laws. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Even worst, trucking companies and independents (like me) are being forced to buy 2007 or newer trucks. Just to find out the the #$^%#$^%$#%$ individual that headed the particulate of diesel investigation, which supposedly had a phd from UC Davis, turns out the whole diesel harm is a crock and his education is too. he got his diploma from an internet site out of Israel run by a darn pediphil.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:31 PM

Car: 92rs
Engine: 355
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 4.10 7.5 with auburn posi

Just moved here from GA, and I have to say CA has the biggest group of idiots running it I have ever seen. Smog laws should have nothing to do with equipment and everything to do with a standard you are responsible to meet. You meet it and you are done. I wish we had a time machine to bring back the signers of the constitution, hand them a few guns and head up to Sacramento and show those a$$holes what real politics in this Country were founded on. Instead we have stupid fvcking actors for leaders. I could fix every problem we have nationaly in ten min. one by one it just takes logic and a brain something no one in this state seams to have the ability to use.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM

turns out the whole diesel harm is a crock
I dont know who told you that, but its not true.
There are various sources of particulates in the air, but the most significant one in this area is diesel. Go north and its farming. Particulates are necessary for photochemical smog to form, so while in and of themselves they are 'harmless' if you combine the pollution from diesel with the pollution from gas, you get the perfect ingredients for smog. And this has nothing to do with studies from Davis either, its just a fact of both sources.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by ZexGX
It was all over the net and by word of mouth in the exhaust shops (since they typically try to follow CA law)... Not my fault you guys miss out on some things! Half of the guys at G35driver had no idea that CA has random smog checkpoints. Funny stuff. Thanks for spreading the word though.
I agree... I had come across a thread speaking about cat's and how the law had changed Jan '09.

There were individuals who didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices compared to what they were before... And a couple kat's spoke about e-bay and how there are a couple sellers who will send the non-california cat legal here...

So this law is "old" news, it just hasn't caught up to others yet....

Adrian
Old 01-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 89 GTA
Engine: 6.0L Procharged
Axle/Gears: 4.10

Register it in a relative's name in another state. I know "someone" who has done this for several years and never had an issue.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 89******bird
Register it in a relative's name in another state. I know "someone" who has done this for several years and never had an issue.
The big problem with that is where you live and who your neighbors are, I had to leave my house and shop and move back in with my parents for a little while and they live in a really nice part of orange county. here the only thing everyone cares about is the whole bmw mercedes debate. One of the old neighbors used to brag about going around and turniong people in on the dmv's website for out of state plates in the neighborhood. The ******* had nothing better to do. Even had the HOA come over because my hood was up in our garage with the door open, and that was when I had a BMW!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Supreme Member

Gotta love those HOAs and neighbors that lead miserable lives and so try and make everyone elses life miserable too.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 89******bird
California pays a "bounty" to any citizen who turns in anyone suspected of running out of state plates on a car that is used primarily in Cali. Your "someone" has been fortunate that no one has bothered to turn him/her in.

There has been ranting and raving for years on this site about the important thing being what comes out of the pipe, not about what equipment is installed on the car. Wrong! The important thing is and always has been about money! California makes millions of $ off of C.A.R.B. eo numbers, and they will continue to check on smog equipment being installed to justify the big bucks they get from manufacturers who comply.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 AM

I dont know who told you that, but its not true.
There are various sources of particulates in the air, but the most significant one in this area is diesel.
I know there has to be some harm, it is exhaust, but there using nation wide premature death numbers for Cali. alone. When in reality the whole west coast is mostly is in the green (slightly yellow in so.cal.) when it comes to diesel particulates. the areas in the dark red area are so. ohio, kentucky, and w. virginia. mostly because of mining. But anyway, percentage wise it does not justify, losing millions of jobs and billions in revenue for such a small amount of particulates.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 AM

You must be a teamster, making the argument about lost revenue. Excuses like that are the reason we still have primary sources of pollution going unchecked like the mines you mentioned and the multiple coal burning powerplants around the country. If we're really going to clean up the air then EVERYONE should have to participate, not get a free pass because they're gonna lose a few bucks.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Supreme Member

For us in CA to do anything is a waste of time and money since we are now receiving air pollution from China, and that will get worse as time goes on since China doesn't care.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.
Engine: 385 stroker sbc
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70 Wavetrac

Cali seems **** about emissions hey
Old 01-22-2010, 02:40 PM

Yes, they're ****... and stupid to boot. Most of those people making requirements have zero knowledge of pollution and the ones writing reports alter and falsify data to get intended results... probably at the direction of their bosses.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Supreme Member

Everyone in CA needs to send emails to their elected reps stating "Until something is done to prevent Asia's pollution from coming to CA there is no point in the residents of CA to suffer thru any more emissions rules that are only going to be overrode by Asia's pollution."
Old 01-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Supreme Member

I don't that anything will make any difference. The feds have been threatening to with hold federal highway money from Cali for years unless pollution levels are reduced. The prevailing attitude in Sacto is "Look like we are doing something." It really doesn't matter so much if anything they do does any good as long as it looks like they are trying.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 PM

You must be a teamster, making the argument about lost revenue. Excuses like that are the reason we still have primary sources of pollution going unchecked like the mines you mentioned and the multiple coal burning powerplants around the country. If we're really going to clean up the air then EVERYONE should have to participate, not get a free pass because they're gonna lose a few bucks.
Man Chris your starting to sound like a tree hugger. Teamsters? I dont think so. They got alot to do with whats going on. remember we had talk about how they made a Half a million dollar "political contribution" to Villaraygoza 3 days after he signed the clean truck program for the ports. I dont care to much for unions. I wish we were talking about a couple of bucks. we are talking about a lot more. I dont know about you but im tired of going to the supermarket not getting much at all and spending $200 bucks. and everything is getting affected, because it not just us here in Cali. but every vehicle coming in from other states. so now when you go get a pair of levis or some shoes for your kids your gonna be paying all the surcharges for the newer trucks. and like your dad pointed out as long as we have all that ozone, mercury, etc coming across the pacific it wont really matter what we do.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Supreme Member

I just read where diesels 97 and newer will be smog checked only up to 14,000 lbs. So the teamsters excluded the trucks again. And what about the trains, cranes, buses, boats.......
Old 01-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Not hardly a tree hugger, but why should I have to smog test my car every two years just to have it blow the same numbers and truck drivers and large corporations continually do whatever they please? That and the fact that diesel pollution, contrary to what most of the people out there say, is harmful. I dont really care if its a burden to them to buy compliant vehicles and whatever, I have to do it so they should as well.

You can thank the feds for grocery prices. The value of the dollar is nothing thanks to them spending our great grandkids into poverty and printing bills like there is no tomorrow. And then the feds made all sorts of deals and concessions with the Chinese so they can continue to have the Chinese foot the bills we cant pay because they spend 2x what they get. So we get the pollution aspect as well with no control over that either and there never will be.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 PM

Teamsters? I dont think so. They got alot to do with whats going on. remember we had talk about how they made a Half a million dollar "political contribution" to Villaraygoza 3 days after he signed the clean truck program for the ports. I dont care to much for unions.

Careful there go to any state that is not union and watch what you make for money. I just had to move back to Socal because unions in GA are a joke. No one belives in them and they can't help anyone. Unions only speak out for the people they represent. Teamsters want more jobs for those people that make them. With Unions you bargan with out them you beg. My job at an asphalt plant here in Cali made $41hr with a pension, paid vacation, overtime, and med, death, vision, and dental benefits. In Georgia having to work nonunion I would have made $15hr paid as a subcontractor and the bastards don't even take out taxes. you never make as much nonunion you always get mistreated. at least in a strong union state you will make more because the union wage has to be at least somewhat considered in the same career field. If you don't belive that go to Flordia, I love it there but makeing $10hr there is is as hard as $50hr here. the problem with politicians and the laws is the people backing them are greedy and only care about themselves. The only real laws are the ones of a mans heart. Those exist when someone writes them or not. All the rest are greed and stupidity.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by crazy_hotrodder
If you don't belive that go to Flordia, I love it there but makeing $10hr there is is as hard as $50hr here.
I apologize for bouncin off topic....

But, am I readin this right? $50 dollars is hard? Hard to earn or to live on?

Because I know myself and others would trade places in a heartbeat!

The nerve of folks these days!

Adrian...
Old 01-23-2010, 02:57 AM

Car: 1988 Firebird Formula WS6
Engine: LO3 305 tbi
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: 3gen housing zexel torsen posi 3.42

LAWS?! HAHAHAHAHAHA when you got a guy that passes you for smog and complements how nice your race headers are i dont think its an issue
Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by bungo78
I apologize for bouncin off topic....

But, am I readin this right? $50 dollars is hard? Hard to earn or to live on?

Adrian...
$50 an hour is pretty hard to make without owing 100k in student loans and not really making that much because of them. Here in Ca sucks, I would trade places to get out of here in a heartbeat. My old neighborhood was nothing but gearheads, 3 Mustangs, 2 Camaros, a Fiero, a mopar, a couple v8 trucks, and a nice v8 s10. I do fab and body work, 2 engine builders, a driveshaft guy that raced at dixie speedway on dirt. and one really good welder. Show me that in SoCal in just one 2 block neiborhood. no one had to drive there projects everyday they were all low mileage drivers but it was fun and cheap. why...Carburators. thats why worrying about emissions is one of the biggest pains ever. fuel injection costs too much. simplicity is what makes the sport accessible. old cars cost way too much and who is going to hack a classic to put that bbc deal you just found at the junkyard in. my camaro is nice. it sounds bad as hell with a very lopy cam and a carb, the whole car shakes at idle. In ga with a blown head gasket and smoke comming out the side I still had a cop give me a thumbs up.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:15 PM

So the teamsters excluded the trucks again. And what about the trains, cranes, buses, boats.......
Thats what I've been talking about nobody got excluded. EVERYTHING that runs on diesel has to be replaced. we dont get to smog and repair, we just gotta replace with 2007 and newer. I dont know if you've read the news but the main reason unemployment went up this month is because of that. thousands of construction companies, trucking companies and even farming are declaring bankrupcy and going out of business.so like fruit and beef, not only do you need a clean tractor to pull it you need a clean reefer trailer to pull it in. same for the train you need a clean engine and a clean reefer car. so aside from omamba treating the U.S. as his own personal monopoly game, like always the cost of all this new equipment is going straight to the comsumer. well atleast until Cali goes under and gets bought off by the TJ cartel.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.
Engine: 385 stroker sbc
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70 Wavetrac

Asia effs the world up pollution wise.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Supreme Member

Due to lobbyists the diesels have been avoiding the issue for years and now its hit them big time. Not gradual like we daily drivers have had to suffer thru for over 30 years.
Unfortunately clean air costs money, and $hit rolls down hill and we are in the valley. Look at that car from India, $2500 there, to make it USA compliant $8500 here, and thats USA not CA. SMog equipt, safety equipt, non protruding dash *****, etc.
What I hate about CARB and AQMD is their rules that cost the consumer big bucks and reduce pollution so little it can't be measured.
And the rules on all gas engines. We pay 10-20% more for gas powered lawn eguipt in CA than in the other 49. How polluting can a lawn mower be. If they want to clean up air pollution from lawn equipt outlaw leaf blowers.
The biggest issue we have with prices is the devaluation of the dollar. I figure our dollar is worth ~1/2 of what it was in 2008. An economist wrote "Prices do not go up, the value of the paper buying it goes down".

BTW, this was posted by someone who I trust it to be true
"Under the new law, anything '97+ under 14k pounds will now have to be SMOG checked! "
Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 PM

There are some people in this world that have the ability to think for them selves and make rational decitions. They tend to be few and far in between, and they make many mistakes in life and judgment. then there are all the rest of them, total idiots. The biggest problem is that they are put into power because politics= idiots supporting idiots. I wish we didn't have all these safty laws and lawers, that way the stupid people would just take care of them selves. The world is always changing as far as emissions are concerned, the earth naturally puts out all the same crap we put in it. the levels naturally have been both higher and lower than they are right now, so what, only an idiot would try and change them because he thinks he knows what is happening there are too many factors to consider. It is all just a way of making money, to guilt you into filling someone elses pocket, stupid people don't see that. To someone that says my car need to be regulated I say FVCK YOU!!! If it wasn't about the money why didn't big industry get hit first, the single places you can go to find to most pollutants. when one forest fire creates more emissions into the enviroment here than all the cars all year...it has nothing to do with the cars nothing. it is only about money greedy fvcking money.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 PM

Car: was 85 TA, 91 TA both sold
Engine: was 406, now 305 tpi
Transmission: 85 had700r4,350..91 had t5
Axle/Gears: 323,373,342

just buy my exhaust system that is the y pipe,3" hi flow cat, flow master and 3" tail pipe for 250 bolt the whole thing on..........and call it a day
Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Engine: 305 TPI (LB9)
Transmission: WC T-5

Not hardly a tree hugger, but why should I have to smog test my car every two years just to have it blow the same numbers and truck drivers and large corporations continually do whatever they please?
Because, unlike those large corporations, you, as an individual, do not give millions of $$$ to line the pockets of the decisionmakers.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 88 Camaro
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

One of the many reasons i left california!! gogo no emissions indiana!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by rough
One of the many reasons i left california!! gogo no emissions indiana!
So how's the street/track racing or canyon carving in Jan and Feb there?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:09 PM

Car: 92 T/A Convertible
Engine: 5.7 (L98)
Axle/Gears: 3.27 LSD

So how's the street/track racing or canyon carving in Jan and Feb there?
I know ill be driving with the top down! You have to love socal!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Turbo Buick
Engine: 3.8 V6

Originally Posted by morganrush1974
I know ill be driving with the top down! You have to love socal!
Holy crap, you must be an Eskimo.

When I came back from Japan last year in February there was snow on the ground on my commute home from Camp Pendleton to Murrieta. Actually, So cal is pretty cold in the winter in my book.

About California Vs. The United States....

I'd rather deal with snow a couple months out of the year than Communists, queers, illegals, massive congestion, and oppressive laws for 12 months out of the year.

Hearing native Californians sing the praises about California in its current state reminds me of Plato's "Allegory of the Cave".

It's really too bad because from what I understand, california used to be a great place. The natural scenery in the countryside is beautiful. Unfortunately the place stopped being part of the USA a long time ago.

BTW sorry for coming across like a dick but I did just get home from a 1.5 hour commute that I have to endure every day.

Last edited by Pablo; 11-11-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Supreme Member

Not sure when, but growing up here was great.
About 20 years ago it started downhill.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Car: 92 T/A Convertible
Engine: 5.7 (L98)
Axle/Gears: 3.27 LSD

Originally Posted by Pablo
Holy crap, you must be an Eskimo.

When I came back from Japan last year in February there was snow on the ground ........... So cal is pretty cold in the winter in my..........I'd rather deal with snow a couple months out of the year than Communists, queers, illegals, massive congestion, and oppressive laws for 12 months out of the year.......
BTW sorry for coming across like a dick but I did just get home from a 1.5 hour commute that I have to endure every day.
I've lived and worked in Venice/ Marvista for more than 20 years and not once seen snow fall here the only time i see snow is when i have to go to the mountains to ski. As for communists, queers, illegals (i noticed you forgot rednecks ) Their money is as green as the next guy, that's how i can afford to live a 1/2 mile away from my shop. When you see people in that light all you do is limit yourself. I'm a PROUD voter, member of s.e.m.a. and s.a.n. If ALL of us motor guys put those tools down and picked up a ballot things WOULD change! I'll say one thing IF YOU DIDN'T VOTE, YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BITCH! If you did GOOD FOR YOU

Quick Reply: New CA cat law.