Southern California Area Southern California Members.

Los Angeles to Anaheim contacts....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic
Axle/Gears: IDK. Whatever stock is
Los Angeles to Anaheim contacts....

What up guys, Im a fellow 3rd gen owner and enthusiast. Just recently really developed a thing for My 91 z-28 305 TPI. Was runnig fine when i bought it a year ago, few months went by it started having issues and its been fix, fix, run, run, fix, run, fix, run since. I am currently replacing IAC and possibly the EGR both not working apparently... I just removed the Intake system well the Throttle body, plenium and runners and cleaning them up as I had a lot of build up inside and going to put it all back together with new gaskets this weekend and hopefully have it running...

I would like to know who are my fellow camaro buddies (local) I would like to meet some of you guys. and see how i can be of some assistance to you guys and you guys to me. is their a meeting comming up? I am located in Bell Gardens CA, about 10min from Los Angeles and I work in Anaheim about 25 minutes from my location. I am in need of all the help I can get, My poor baby is sick and suffering btw (I mean my Camaro..lol) I really want to get her back on the road. Rolling Thunder has been such a great of help. He has walked me through all installations and removal. from heater core to tune ups and intake and so far all through PM's. I can only imagine what kind of help I can get from someone who is knowlegable and can be here in the Physical Form. Please let me know. We need to keep these cars on the road, not junked in back yards.

So please post something for me,whether it be a reply or PM.. Locations, what can you guys do, cotact info? if there is a post that already containg this info and i missed it. please forward me to it.

Thanks ahead of time!

regards,

~Johny
Old 08-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Los Angeles to Anaheim contacts....

The two most knowledgeable people that I know of are Dyno Don, His shop is listed in the sticky at the top of Third Gen friendly companies, and Paul who posts as Ls1f1. We have a cruise this Saturday to Solvang to enjoy the best tri tip in the world. Don't worry about your car being down. My T/A is registered non-op right now. As soon as my garage is finished, it is going inside to have thew heads removed and be sent out for rebuild. My wife and I will be going on the cruise in a Saturn station wagon. We will drive at the end of the line to blend in with the rest of the traffic on the freeway so nobody will think we are with the guys in the COOL CARS. We will be meeting at Dyno Don's shop to leave at 9:00 am Saturday morning.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:40 PM

hahaha...."COOL CARS" gotta love that. wow, I really wish i could make it! I might have to just fly down over their! the thing is I have to go to at UTI in Rancho Cucamongo at 9AM!!! Am trying to get that going so school is gonna take my priority this time... might have to go out there immediately after.! how long is your guys stay? for the weekend... or just cruise,dinner, cruise back home?
Old 08-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 355
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73's

I'm in the Redlands area. UTI huh, I graduated from there back in 03'. I'm now a mechanic at a small shop in Highland. If you were closer I'd give you a hand with your car.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Car: 1984 Z28

Im representin the 714 here. Anaheim-Orange-Santa Ana. Ive seen a couple guys from here in there cars in the street before.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:43 PM

Car: 09 GSXR/88 iroc/91 RS B4C
Engine: 600cc/l5.7/5.7
Transmission: 6 speed/TH 350/auto
Axle/Gears: 45tooth rear?/3.23/3.42

i live in the comtpon/long beach area, i don't mind lending a hand specially if its a job i've performed on my own car. What you will encounter is that people have different schedules on top of the fact that most of us are always wrenching on our own cars and seldom have the time to invest time in others. My best advice is to ask questions and do alot of reading on this site, the majority of the problems can already be found by simply searching and reading(time consuming)
Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniversary
Engine: Stock 305 TBI, LT1 soon.
Transmission: V6 NWC T5 by choice
Axle/Gears: Zexel Torsen LSD with 3.23's

I've been wanting to get with a third gen crown for the longest time now. I'm down to meet up and talk shop lol. I'm not en expert mechanic, I'm just starting out myself. The best I've ever done is rebuild my 10 bolt, but I know how to turn a wrench. Anybody down to meet up just PM me
Old 08-23-2009, 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: IROC
Engine: 383
Transmission: T-5 manual transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.45

3rd gens rule, get em out on the streets, like the other guy said they are cool cars. ima pull my engine out and replace all seals and probably resurface the heads, got a new cam for it, lifters, springs and about to get some new rockers to put this baby back out on the streets.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Russ-So Cal
The two most knowledgeable people that I know of are Dyno Don, His shop is listed in the sticky at the top of Third Gen friendly companies, and Paul who posts as Ls1f1. We have a cruise this Saturday to Solvang to enjoy the best tri tip in the world. Don't worry about your car being down. My T/A is registered non-op right now. As soon as my garage is finished, it is going inside to have thew heads removed and be sent out for rebuild. My wife and I will be going on the cruise in a Saturn station wagon. We will drive at the end of the line to blend in with the rest of the traffic on the freeway so nobody will think we are with the guys in the COOL CARS. We will be meeting at Dyno Don's shop to leave at 9:00 am Saturday morning.
LOL... I went by Dyno Dons shop on Friday... and i was intimidated to go in there...lol... there was a few Camaros, an MC and i believe he was tunning an El Camino... I didnt realized i was parked next to him while he was tunning the Elco, but I went i went in to the shop and asked for Dyno and and they said "he just left in an El Camino, He'll be back in a few minutes... then as I drove off he was returning...lol it was funny.. kinda movie like.. Is he on the forums.. i Just wanted to see his shop, talk to him, see what we can do with my camaro, Not really anything in particular just wanted to get aquanted.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by CBR1000RR
I'm in the Redlands area. UTI huh, I graduated from there back in 03'. I'm now a mechanic at a small shop in Highland. If you were closer I'd give you a hand with your car.

So am officially UTI Rancho Cucamonga's Student? DId you do just the core training? or some specific Manufacture elective programs? Is it tough in the field? why are you working at a small shop?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by camaromike222
I've been wanting to get with a third gen crown for the longest time now. I'm down to meet up and talk shop lol. I'm not en expert mechanic, I'm just starting out myself. The best I've ever done is rebuild my 10 bolt, but I know how to turn a wrench. Anybody down to meet up just PM me

We should defiinately link up sometime! as well as all any other members from TGO. we should plan something out... anyone else think this is a good idea? my most honoranle mention.. heater core, removing the Intake system....i guess thats it... am just starting out!...lol
Old 08-24-2009, 10:16 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 355
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73's

Originally Posted by Z28 ENTHUSIAST
So am officially UTI Rancho Cucamonga's Student? DId you do just the core training? or some specific Manufacture elective programs? Is it tough in the field? why are you working at a small shop?
Yeah, Cucamonga student. Just did the core training. I was working at a Chevrolet Cadillac dealer for about 3 years, but got laid off due to the economy. Ended up taking this job making $7.00 a hour less then what I made at the dealer. It's a tough feild right now due to the economy.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:47 AM

aww man that sucks! well hopefully something magical happens and in the year to year and half that ill be there It will pick up. As for me am taking the core training programm as well as the Ford Fact...wawawa... i know! boo hoo me! but atleast like this i will understand the compition and give tips to all the chevy guys! lol... I plan on taking the ford fact just to pick up the 12 credentials..as they enfisize hard on electrical aspect of cars then apply for the BMW program and hopefully they will pick me up... but anyway the knowledge picked up from there am sure will go a long way..
Old 08-27-2009, 01:00 PM

LOL... I went by Dyno Dons shop on Friday... and i was intimidated to go in there...lol... there was a few Camaros, an MC and i believe he was tunning an El Camino... I didnt realized i was parked next to him while he was tunning the Elco, but I went i went in to the shop and asked for Dyno and and they said "he just left in an El Camino, He'll be back in a few minutes... then as I drove off he was returning...lol it was funny.. kinda movie like.. Is he on the forums.. i Just wanted to see his shop, talk to him, see what we can do with my camaro, Not really anything in particular just wanted to get aquanted.

BUMP...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:02 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73

Our next event will be a dyno day on Sept 12th in Westminster.

Our next drive will be a cruise up the mountain roads to Big Bear on Sept 19th.

Our next meeting will be October 3rd at Mimi's Cafe in the City of Industry.

You can drive by Don's most any day. Dont be intimidated.

See the threads for each event for more info.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by WestCoastCamaro
Ive seen a couple guys from here in there cars in the street before.
I can't remember all the times I have seen Kevin91Z in your Camaro running around town in the last few months. The latest was on Kraemer heading towards Brea. I am always in car's you don't recognise.
...and a few other locals also here and there.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM

Where exactly is Don's shop? I heard is was on Katella Ave. I work right across and down the street from the Honda center on Katella. I have a feeling I'm very close by.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: '90 Trans Am-12.45@110.71
Engine: 355 w/AFR 195's Elem. 400/430 HP/TQ
Transmission: Tremec T-56
Axle/Gears: 12 Bolt 3.73

I'm at the end of Hoover, off Batavia.

So you are close.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM

Oh wow. I'm literally a 2 minute drive from my work to your shop. I off the end of Struck where it meets with Katella. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:59 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC-Z
Engine: LS1
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 9" spooled 3.70

where do you work?^^^ I used to work at the ayres right there...
Old 09-16-2009, 01:09 PM

I work at a band saw blade welding shop in the complex where SC Fuels is. It's called Western Link.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM

aww man that sucks! well hopefully something magical happens and in the year to year and half that ill be there It will pick up. As for me am taking the core training programm as well as the Ford Fact...wawawa... i know! boo hoo me! but atleast like this i will understand the compition and give tips to all the chevy guys! lol... I plan on taking the ford fact just to pick up the 12 credentials..as they enfisize hard on electrical aspect of cars then apply for the BMW program and hopefully they will pick me up... but anyway the knowledge picked up from there am sure will go a long way..
Oh man, good ol' UTI...I'm also a graduate of this place. I took the core program from Jan06-Jan07. From there I took a break for awhile and worked at an independent performance shop. I then went back for BMW specific training. I now work at a local BMW dealership and let me tell you, this is NOT the field you want to be stuck in right now. While the work is there, it's becoming increasingly difficult to flag 80 hrs a pay period. And though BMW isn't closing dealers, (they are in fact opening new ones) the hoops you have to jump through to make your paycheck can be a little frustrating. As far as UTI goes, it's ok if you wanna wrench at a dealer/independent; however, if you are like I am and want to delve deeper into the mechanical theories and developmental aspects of performance...save your money and go to a 4yr college. Im currently saving to go back for a mech. engineering degree. Thats not to say the pwr/performance classes and atmosphere/experience were not fun!!! I had the best times at that school, but the politics (tuck in your shirt, shave, no cussing!) and some core classes made my schooling there feel a bit elementary. Congrats on holding down the Camaro scene @ the Rancho campus...btw, is the Taco Hut still on the corner of Arrow Rte and Hermosa? They had the best carne asada fries! And to end on a happy note, wait till you dyno the turbo GTO!!!! woo!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by FerrMaro
Oh man, good ol' UTI...I'm also a graduate of this place. I took the core program from Jan06-Jan07. From there I took a break for awhile and worked at an independent performance shop. I then went back for BMW specific training. I now work at a local BMW dealership and let me tell you, this is NOT the field you want to be stuck in right now. While the work is there, it's becoming increasingly difficult to flag 80 hrs a pay period. And though BMW isn't closing dealers, (they are in fact opening new ones) the hoops you have to jump through to make your paycheck can be a little frustrating. As far as UTI goes, it's ok if you wanna wrench at a dealer/independent; however, if you are like I am and want to delve deeper into the mechanical theories and developmental aspects of performance...save your money and go to a 4yr college. Im currently saving to go back for a mech. engineering degree. Thats not to say the pwr/performance classes and atmosphere/experience were not fun!!! I had the best times at that school, but the politics (tuck in your shirt, shave, no cussing!) and some core classes made my schooling there feel a bit elementary. Congrats on holding down the Camaro scene @ the Rancho campus...btw, is the Taco Hut still on the corner of Arrow Rte and Hermosa? They had the best carne asada fries! And to end on a happy note, wait till you dyno the turbo GTO!!!! woo!
One thing to think about even if you want to go in a different direction for your education, getting the knowledge to be a good mechanic, even in this economy, will get you a better part time job for college than flipping burgers at the local drive through burger joint.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: IROC
Engine: 383
Transmission: T-5 manual transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.45

tight i work in placentia, use to work in jiffy lube for 6 years in between batavia and glasell on katella. I use to cruise all them streets with my IROC and I stay in South Gate close to Bell Gardens, but unfortunetly I dont go to UTI im taking classes at Cerritos College. ha ha. Im about to buy an overhaul kit with forged pistons in a couple weeks so I can replace my cam, lifters, springs and then get my TPI setup polished.