Southern California Area Southern California Members.

no more iroc for me . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: V8 305 TBI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08
Re: no more iroc for me . . .

I agree parrydise, the state must have sent word out to the CHP and other departments to crack down on failure to display front license plates. Probably to get some more money in to get out of this budget deficit we're in.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: .040" over 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt with 3.45s

Okey dokey, I just got off the telephone with the CHP. The civilian employee that I talked to confirmed that the word has gone out to enforce the front license plate requirement.

If you do not have a license plate mounted on the front get it on there ASAP. BTW, I mentioned that there was no place to mount the license on the 2002 Camaro SS, (and there are other vehicles as well) it makes no difference.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: LB9
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by Strictly iROC
i agree with stopping this thread, but ppl are dumb and still putting words in my mouth and think they know me
Lets take a look and see who's really dumb here.....hmmm. I never put words in your mouth, I just quoted what you had previously posted and let your words do the talking and commented on them. You're the one that came and posted on a public forum with your sob story and really you expected everyone to believe you? Again who's really dumb here.

1-im black and white, my dad is white and my uncle who runs south central is WHITE! I NEVER SAID I HATE WHITE PEOPLE, DONT KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM
I never said anything about you hating white people. Where I commented on someone bringing up minorities was directed toward westcoastcamaro and his inflammatory and untrue comments about being a minority.
2-the cops that pulled me over where both mexican, if you could read you will know that i had stated that i never had problems with white cops they are usually the ones who give you a warning before a ticket.
Again not directed toward you
3-i do not have a record at all, im even in the system. yes i got warrants, but i warrants because im a skater and i always get tickets because i skate at skate parks without a helmet, if you dont know, the ticket was over $500 for that.
You don't have a record because you were underage?. Multiple warrants for allegedly the same thing....again who's really dumb here?
4-yea the cops pushed my buttons buti can keep my cool, he thought i was getting smart with him, but if you know me then you would know thats just how i am with everyone. and the young cops always give you bad attitudes no matter what cause they feel they have sooo much power.
Maybe you should have a different attitude with cops than you do with everyone else. I'm not saying their gods, but it doesn't hurt and makes things go smoother if your ultra polite. Remember most of them are on a power trip and what you are doing is self serving anyway.
5-i got one ticket for my plates before that, the day after i left for vegas. my front bumper was eff'd up and i needed a new so i had no where to put my license plate at, i bought a new bumper which was at my moms house which was 3 blocks away from where i got pulled over.
Nice excuse for "I was too lazy to do it", damn take some responsibility for your actions. If the bumper was already messed up all you had to do was attach the plate with two screws anywhere along the front. It would have taken 5 minutes and you probably could have avoided the whole situation you posted about.
6-you said i had been "driving suspiciously" like i said, if you would of read it right, you would seen that i wrote "the cop made a u turn across the island " which means he was getting me for my front plates not for "driving suspiciously"get your facts right first
I guess you hit your head one to many time skateboarding without a helmet and forgot how to read. What I said is
Originally Posted by studdmstr
You started driving suspiciously as soon as you saw the cops start following you, probably because of the outstanding warrants and previous tickets.
I never said you were driving suspiciously and that's why the cops pulled the U-turn.

8- like westcoastcamaro said, dont accuse me of lying if you dont know how the cops are out here, and its not just here, just go on youtube you will see plenty of things cops do, i just seen a video the other day when a cop threaten and slammed down a 14 yr old kid because he was skating.
The point is you know how the cops are out there, yet you're still doing stupid things that give them cause to pull you over. Again who's the dumb one here?
10-its over now i filed my complaint against the 2 cops, my car is still in the tow yard but thats ok cause i bought me a 92 RS with a rebuilt 350 in it for $450
Congrats but why didn't you just pay the fees and get your's back if you were so attached to it? You paid $450 plus taxes on an RS when you could have had an IROC for $150 more .

I agree it's way past time for this to be locked.

Last edited by studdmstr; 06-22-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R

They want the front plate for traffic light and speed cameras.

There was never a front plate on the GTA I just bought.
Guess I will have to fab some brackets that attach under the front bumper and come forward and up to mount the plate on.
It doesnt have to be a factory bracket, just permanently/solid mounted.

Cant use our usual GM fix it by using duct tape and baling wire.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R

dumb computer
Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Parrydise7
Okey dokey, I just got off the telephone with the CHP. The civilian employee that I talked to confirmed that the word has gone out to enforce the front license plate requirement.

If you do not have a license plate mounted on the front get it on there ASAP. BTW, I mentioned that there was no place to mount the license on the 2002 Camaro SS, (and there are other vehicles as well) it makes no difference.

Definitely, I'm going to DMV first thing tomorrow, my front license plate got stolen from me while I was in class.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 PM

Car: 92 RS
Engine: 350 small block from 78 elco

I never said anything about you hating white people. Where I commented on someone bringing up minorities was directed toward westcoastcamaro and his inflammatory and untrue comments about being a minority.
if it wasnt directed to me then why wouldnt say so? you didnt post a name so of course im going to think its directed to me

You don't have a record because you were underage?. Multiple warrants for allegedly the same thing....again who's really dumb here?
lol how am i dumb? because im a skater who doesnt want to wear a helmet? i guess im a dumb skater, but hey at least im sponsored by a skateshop and a clothing line all that matters

Maybe you should have a different attitude with cops than you do with everyone else. I'm not saying their gods, but it doesn't hurt and makes things go smoother if your ultra polite. Remember most of them are on a power trip and what you are doing is self serving anyway.
lol ummm ok? how can you even be polite to a cop thats calling you out of your name and you didnt even say anything wrong to them?

Nice excuse for "I was too lazy to do it", damn take some responsibility for your actions. If the bumper was already messed up all you had to do was attach the plate with two screws anywhere along the front. It would have taken 5 minutes and you probably could have avoided the whole situation you posted about.
im not lazy and it wasnt a excuse, like i said i was out of town and when i came back i was on my way to get my new bumper which had a place for my plates.

I guess you hit your head one to many time skateboarding without a helmet and forgot how to read. What I said is I never said you were driving suspiciously and that's why the cops pulled the U-turn.
ummmm i have not hit my head while skating[knock on wood] so i guess im just a dumb but i dont mind if thats how you feel then thats how you feel.

The point is you know how the cops are out there, yet you're still doing stupid things that give them cause to pull you over. Again who's the dumb one here?
ummmm they just started enforcing that the day i got my first ticket for my plates. as far as i was concered i didnt think it was a problem til i got the ticket and when i read the post on here about it. day after i was in vegas for a week, which means my maro was sitting in the driveway for one week. if i had another way to get my bumper then it could of been avoided but since i didnt i took a chance and drove my car out, but how was i suppose to know my car was going to get towed for that?

Congrats but why didn't you just pay the fees and get your's back if you were so attached to it? You paid $450 plus taxes on an RS when you could have had an IROC for $150 more .
i never said i was attacthed to my car, it just sucks to buy a project car and you just changed starter, spark plugs,oil and oil filter,fuel filter and replaced the radiator. and then it gets towed, come on now, its a PITA jacking up that car lol. ummmm actually i paid $449 for the RS i was a dollar short.

i was going to get mines out but u found me another project with an engine i already wanted in it from the get go(was a 305,PO put a 350 in the RS) my iroc was only a 305 and had problems with the engine and would of cost me more $$$ thats why i got the 92 RS with and rebuilt 350 small block instead paying $600 to get my iroc and then paying like $400 maybe cheaper to get a 350 in it.

get it? got it? good????

I agree it's way past time for this to be locked.

and yes let be locked, it was a sweet and sour thread, but no hard feelings to anyone, at least we all share our loves for 3rd gens
Old 06-22-2009, 11:28 PM

lol ummm ok? how can you even be polite to a cop thats calling you out of your name and you didnt even say anything wrong to them?
Think about it from a completely instinctual perspective. He's got a freaking gun! Why would you talk back to someone that has a gun and a lot of power? Common sense man.

and yes let be locked, it was a sweet and sour thread, but no hard feelings to anyone, at least we all share our loves for 3rd gens
Seems the be the only thing we all can agree on. I'm sure the mod will lock it when he finds the time to do so.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by kkingsrulee
Think about it from a completely instinctual perspective. He's got a freaking gun! Why would you talk back to someone that has a gun and a lot of power? Common sense man.

hahahahaha yea but next time im making sure my car is perfect before i put it back on the road.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:07 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Engine: LB9
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: 3.42

if it wasnt directed to me then why wouldnt say so? you didnt post a name so of course im going to think its directed to me
Ahhh I quoted what he said and then commented after that....I thought that would have been a big enough clue to what was going on.

lol how am i dumb? because im a skater who doesnt want to wear a helmet?
No because you have multiple warrants and fines for a stupid/little thing like wearing a helmet.

Ohhh young grasshopper you have so much to learn. It's easy...you are in control of your emotions and actions not them. It's only words and you can choose how they make you feel and act.

im not lazy and it wasnt a excuse, like i said i was out of town and when i came back i was on my way to get my new bumper which had a place for my plates.
You can make all the excuses in the world about why you didn't do it, but like I said before since it was F'd to begin with all it would have have taken was 2 screws and five minutes or less of your time.

ummmm i have not hit my head while skating[knock on wood] so i guess im just a dumb but i dont mind if thats how you feel then thats how you feel.
Honestly I don't know if you're dumb or not since I don't know you. To me it looks like you make bad choices and decisions and don't learn from your mistakes. As you get older the mistakes get more expensive.

get it? got it? good????
Hopefully you've got it.

Agreed and good luck on the project.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:23 PM

Car: 91 Rally Sport
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I'm sorry. This is complete bull ****. For one, there is no tow authority for missing plates. You can only Tow for 12500 CVC or 14601 CVC. (There are H&S, and Penal codes you can tow for, but those are the only CVC codes)

IF your story is true, you had something illegal in the car, no license or a suspended license. Have a nice day and quit cop hating because you ****ed up.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM

There's no need to bring this back up after it's been dormant for a week.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:28 PM

this is old and been done with already, sorry but you missed the debate maybe next time you join us.

now let this thread be locked forever and brought back up again!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: .040" over 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt with 3.45s

Originally Posted by injdinjn

Cant use our usual GM fix it by using duct tape and baling wire.
Why not?