Southern California Area Southern California Members.

bad day

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
On Probation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z
Engine: LsX
Transmission: MN12 6speed
Axle/Gears: 3:42
bad day

we dont have much space in the driveway so i been parking outside. 540am my neighbor left to work he said he saw my car .. 615am i woke up .. first thing i do is look outside my car was gone.. filed a police report.. nothing yet.. .. i go to school .. it sucks.. i come home look around and there was chips of my paint.. these guys took it with a tow truck.. no one saw anything or heard anything.. thats really wierd . they didnt break my windows to get in. . i had a tiatnium club for my sterring wheel .. i have my own mechanism to turn on the car .. switches to turn on the fans .. i pretty much built the car from gorund up .. so i know what damage my car had..
but its a pretty unique car..
rather think its my style
one of a kind paint
cowl hood
z06 rims
5.7 six speed
basics

ive invested most of my money on it .. it sucks..
if anyone can help out that wil be great i am in the san gabriel valley in baldwin park .. most of my parts are unique and ill know mostly anything by heart if they are being sold

Old 05-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R
Re: bad day

That suks, but if they want it they are gonna get it.

Probably strip it and sell the parts.

The cops will only find it if it falls in their lap. There is no monetary incentive for cops to look for stolen vehicles.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '02 Z06

Damnit I cannot express in words how pissed I am to hear about this. Such bull ****!! F*ckin cheap bastards can't work hard like the rest of us so they screw others and call themselves "tough" and feel that they have **** figured out. I tell you what, what goes around comes around and either they will get caught and get the living **** beaten out of or they will burn in hell..maybe both.

I was really fond of what you had done with that car and it was one of my favorites on the board. I'll keep a lookout for you man..for parts, the car, whatever.

Last edited by Gr89RS; 05-08-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Car: 91 camaro
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: t5 :(
Axle/Gears: posi 373

damn dude im not from around your area but when i read the post it made me sad. that car is very nice looking and it sucks thats some a$$holes had to do that. never know it might turn up.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear about such a thing like this.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 92 RS with B4C Package
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 323

Sorry to hear that. did you have full coverage insurance?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 PM
On Probation

found the car.. thank god.. they took my stereo , fogs, autometer gauges.. and subs.. .some damage in the rear paint chiipped off. .. i firend spotted my car city near by ..
Old 05-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Supreme Member

Was it just randomly abandoned somewhere or what?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:29 AM

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: LB9
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt/2.73

Originally Posted by injdinjn
That suks, but if they want it they are gonna get it.

Probably strip it and sell the parts.

The cops will only find it if it falls in their lap. There is no monetary incentive for cops to look for stolen vehicles.
You're absolutely right.

TPITERR, you're definately fortunate to have gotten your car back. I'm glad to hear the good news man. Good luck with the repairs and replacements.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 AM
On Probation

yeah they didnt get to far.. idk if my engine got overheated.. its is runign fine.. .. ..but i got it back .. just some paint repairs and new alarm. .. they cut my steering wheel to get the club out and broke the console for the ignition .. imma keep a look out though
Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Supreme Member

Well it's cool that you got it back and in the same day no less. I'd go crazy if something I put my pride and soul into was taken from me with no idea of it's location or condition. Good luck from here with everything and know that we are all here to help you out.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:22 AM

I feel for ya. I've seen you down at Irwindale racing there. I remember specifically your license plate.

Glad you got it back. Kinda surprised they stole the entire car yet abandoned it with minimal things taken. At Irwindale or anywhere else you go did you get a lot of suspicious people lookin at it? (At Irwindale I would imagine so, pretty easy for someone to find out about it in line)
Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
TA
Supreme Member

Car: '88 GTA, 90 Formula
Engine: 5.7 TPI, fed growth hormones
Transmission: 700r4 4u2?
Axle/Gears: 9bolt

Man, you lucked out!! When my car was stolen, they only found the bare shell a month later, and it was damaged past any hope of repairs. Fortunately, most thieves are very lazy, or they wouldn't be theives. For being unlucky, you were VERY lucky. And the cops are pretty much useless when it comes to car theft, or anything else for that matter. They caught 2 guys towing my hulk, but COULDN'T PROVE that they stole it! Well, I sure didn't give them permission, but their rights are more important than mine. Sore subject, obviously. My whole life was in that car. Be happy you still have it.

TA
Old 05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Supreme Member

They caught 2 guys towing my hulk, but COULDN'T PROVE that they stole it! Well, I sure didn't give them permission, but their rights are more important than mine

I was going to respond to this, but I better not.

Screw it,
And for this service they get 90% retirement plus full medical for life.

Just goes to show, the govt is only here to help certain people and its not you and me.

Here is a stat to ponder, More than half of all Americans receive support from Govt or work directly for some Govt agency. So if you are working and support a family of 4, you are actually supporting a family of more than 8.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Car: 1991 GTA
Engine: 350 tPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 342

Wow, what a nightmare! I'm glad you got your car back...

I have heard of thiefs towing cars away and I often wonder what I would have to do to get it back! What if they took it to a different city or county? I've noticed from other incidents that the police don't seem to communicate between different departments, so even if you report it stolen, and its taken away 5 miles to the next town, would they know to look for it?

I imagine putting out flyers like looking for a lost dog...
Old 05-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Supreme Member

Julie
The police DO NOT look for stolen cars.
In Tustin you can call in a suspected stolen car and they don't even come out to check it.
In Stanton they put parking tickets on a stolen truck parked in front of a fire hydrant.
Yep, other than raising revene issuing tickets cops aren't much use.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Yes...
Engine: Last time I checked...
Transmission: See "Engine"...

Originally Posted by injdinjn
The police DO NOT look for stolen cars.
To hard to find them. Lot's of places to hide a car.

When my '84 El Camino was stolen all the LAPD did was take a report over the phone. 4 days later what was left of the body was found dumped at the side of the road in downtown L.A.
----------
Originally Posted by JulieGTA
I have heard of thiefs towing cars away and I often wonder what I would have to do to get it back! What if they took it to a different city or county? I've noticed from other incidents that the police don't seem to communicate between different departments, so even if you report it stolen, and its taken away 5 miles to the next town, would they know to look for it?
Something like a stolen vehicle should be in a shared database now-a-days. Different city PD's should be able to look up the info. and determine if a car is reported as stolen.

It's probably a common check when pulling people over. Gives the PD an idea of who they could potentially be dealing with.

Last edited by BretD 88GTA; 05-09-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Supreme Member

I am sure the vin and plate are in a State database that alerts a cop when he runs either one.
But, like I said, unless it falls into their lap they do look for stolen cars, or check when you report a abandonded car in front of your house.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:56 PM

It is extremely easy to hide a car. There is a reason why cops don't really look for stolen cars, it's because most stolen cars look identical to cars that are not. You cannot tell a stolen car from a legally owned car if they were side by side.

As for cars that are unique like TPITERR, those are easy to spot because they are rare. By the time you call the cops, they make a report, and get that report out, it has been at least a couple hours. And also you won't find police units out just looking for a specific car. They will see if they see it on the roads. And 9/10 most thieves won't drive it on major streets or highways
Old 05-09-2007, 07:22 PM

Car: 86' Trans am
Engine: 85 LG4-non cc carb(building a 350)
Transmission: Rebuilt 700R4,vette servo,2200stall
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Posi

thank god you found it...lucky thats all they took..or they didnt trash it..my friend 2000 si got stolen and 3 days later they found the bare shell in pieces on the side of the highway
Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
On Probation

i feel so relieved.. its ganna be untouched for a few weeks.. i will be prepeing the rear bumper for paint and i just hope they didnt over heat my engine.. whats new out there for steering wheels and alarms??

Last edited by TPI TERR; 05-09-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: THE LT1 SWAP SHALL BEGIN!!!!
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: LSD! =(

Looks like someone or some people had their eyes on your car for some time. If I would ever see a person or persons outside my house tampering with my car, I would grab my gun and protect my property.
----------
Originally Posted by TA
Man, you lucked out!! When my car was stolen, they only found the bare shell a month later, and it was damaged past any hope of repairs. Fortunately, most thieves are very lazy, or they wouldn't be theives. For being unlucky, you were VERY lucky. And the cops are pretty much useless when it comes to car theft, or anything else for that matter. They caught 2 guys towing my hulk, but COULDN'T PROVE that they stole it! Well, I sure didn't give them permission, but their rights are more important than mine. Sore subject, obviously. My whole life was in that car. Be happy you still have it.

TA

Not the Police fault they could'nt take them in, it's our wonderful laws.

Last edited by Psycho_91Camaro; 05-09-2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27

Glad to hear they found the car. I thought you were posting about my day. I had a bad day today too, but I'll post it in a separate thread so I won't hijack yours. Get a LOJACK installed.

Lon
Old 05-09-2007, 11:30 PM
On Probation

lojack right away tahst forsure.. because i guess alarms and killswitches aint enough.. the car is goin gto left garaged for awhile.. summer is here and ill be looking around for another ride to purchase make this on the weekend car.. btw i need a new steering wheel .. i heard the detachable locking ones get stuck and have problems
Old 05-10-2007, 01:51 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73

All you cop-haters should read this:

"Yes Me the Lousy Cop"

Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop." Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call!!!

You call it "part of the job" if someone strikes me, but it's "police brutality" if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one if my buddies.

"YES ME THE LOUSY COP"
Old 05-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Supreme Member

Maybe he should check out the "help wanted" section of the classified ads.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Hope you're not talkin bout the cop in Kevin's post injdinjn
Old 05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Supreme Member

Matter of fact I am.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
On Probation

anythign out there on top of someones head??
Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 AM

Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5----->.7 or so they say
Transmission: seven hundred with a remainder of 4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.27

TPI TERR,

I'm glad to hear you got your car back. You are very lucky. I would just go with the lojak since our cars are so damn easy to slim j. Realy alarms and other theft deterrents are just there to give the crook more to deal with not that they couldn't just by pass them. They are thieves and its their job to find ways around the road blocks that are setup. Since what we put in our cars are all things that we see in stores or found on other cars, these hoodlums have had time to find the weaknesses of each approach and found a way to neutralize their effectiveness. That is why that lojak is nice. Either way man just glad to hear you got it back... now its time for damage control.

Go out to your ride and take a long look at it enjoy everything that you put in there that makes your ride...your ride. Even if it was bone stock, the idea is enjoy it.

Glad to hear it worked out man,

Rabi C.