Southern California Area Southern California Members.

Irwindale Speedway Full Night plus a 3 in 1!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:14 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: Moving...
Engine: Running...
Transmission: Shifting...
Irwindale Speedway Full Night plus a 3 in 1!!!

By 3 in 1 I mean Jesse James Figure 8s + Destruction Derby + Fighting:

Taken from Irwindale Speedway Web Site:

"Movie actress Sandra Bullock, who attended to watch her husband of two months (Jesse James) compete in the Figure 8 race, hosted a number of the evacuees in her suite. Bullock and James, host/star of “Monster Garage” on the Discovery Channel, also signed autographs and posed for photos with hurricane evacuees earlier in the evening.

James later became part of a controversial fracas during the 11-car, 25-lap Figure 8 race that concluded racing at 9:50 p.m. James started seventh and had his self-built, winged creation in fourth place on lap 17 when his bumper hooked Harry Kuenniger’s bumper at the X intersection. James continued, but Kuenniger’s car stopped.

What followed was bizarre. Kuenniger drove against oncoming cars towards turn three and just missed James’ passing car. He went out of his way and tried to ram James’ car two more times. On the final attempt Kuenniger cut from turn three and rammed the right side of James’ car as it exited turn four. Kuenniger left his car and jumped up and down on James’ car. James emerged and fists flew before the two angry drivers were separated. An Irwindale Police patrol car at the track for traffic control drove onto the track and into the infield. Officers put Kuenniger in the police car and removed him from the premises.
"

Overall another great time at the speedway
Old 09-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 82 firebird s/e 83 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L 305ci 4b carb.....CFI
Transmission: TH200C....700R4
cool,jesse james kicks ***
Old 09-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Banned

Actually he's a punk with more money than g()d and constantly goes out there t-boning the other guys and goes away laughing. He deserves his *** kicked.

Figure 8 has always been a gentlemans sport to make it close looking but try and avoid hurtful contact- just make it exciting for the crowd each week. James goes out there intentionally bashing the other guys and they do not have his deep pockets. He also has the money and fabrication skills so as to each week keeping his car as heavy duty and all the latest saftey precautions availiable to him so he doesn't get hurt- but f^%$ the other guys is his punk attitude at expensive of their well being.

Just one more case where some rich asswipe is dominating a sport with having more money than everyone else rather than the skills to out drive them properly. They can't afford to put the cars back to gether and come back each week and James can just keep screwing with them on the track until they never race again.

Last edited by V6#20; 09-13-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:22 PM
TGO Supporter

Obviously I am no expert, but in this race I would say that Jesse was trying to race for a place and was not dilberately going after anyone, I will give you that he doesn't back off when coming in on the intersection. He was definitely driving like someone with money but I think with a true passion for racing, but again it didn't appear like he wanted to hurt anyone. He already broke his leg once racing figure 8s so the fact that he still doesn't back down after sustaining an injury, to the same leg that ended his College Football career I will give him that he does have some *****. He the driving were trading some paint on the stretch and Jesse came out on top with the other guy spun and stalled, from that point the guy just tried to go after Jesse and looked pretty stupid not being able to hit him on three tries when he wasn't even racing anymore. Then they red flagged the race and got everyone to stop, including Jesse, I was kind of suprised that his spotter didn't tell him to keep driving to get out of the way of the driver that had been gunning for him, but he did stop and then the guy hit him full on the passenger side, pretty much destroying Jesse's car. Those to a fan like myself I was glad to see no one really hurt and to see it in person.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Banned

I guarantee it was payback for many other times it went to Jesse doing the cheap shots. I have seen him run probably 10 times.

He has a double impact cage built into this car now unlike the one he broke his leg- lesson learned.

I have to admit though , that motor in his car is awesome to watch run. It came out of Kyle Petty's NASCAR last year.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:48 PM

Jesse broke his leg in a Super Late Model and not his Figure 8 car. He is banned from running SLMs now as other drivers refused to be same track as Jesse.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:14 AM

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
Transmission: 700R4 (MD8)
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Open (GU2)
Originally posted by bluethunder28
Jesse broke his leg in a Super Late Model and not his Figure 8 car. He is banned from running SLMs now as other drivers refused to be same track as Jesse.
How could you blame them? Like V6 said, if he ends up wrecking his car, then he can simply just take it back, pay to have it fixed or do it himself, while the poor, normal citizens have to fork out the money to get it fixed.

I don't have anything against Jesse James honestly, but I could understand why people wouldn't want to be on the same track as him.

On another note, I never even knew him and Sandra Bullock were together.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:01 AM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by MikeDirntRulez
I never even knew him and Sandra Bullock were together.
Together and married for like 2 months now
Old 09-14-2005, 11:01 AM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 8T8IROC
Together and married for like 2 months now
Of course his first wife wasn't all that bad, I am just not sure if her 'career' started before, during, or after they got a divorce.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 82 firebird s/e 83 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L 305ci 4b carb.....CFI
Transmission: TH200C....700R4
Of course his first wife wasn't all that bad, I am just not sure if her 'career' started before, during, or after they got a divorce.
who was his 1st wife
Old 09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2003 Porsche C4S
Engine: 3.6L
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
I can assure you she was, used & abused and been filming many years before they got together. She was int the Blink182 video and album cover too, I think.....
Old 09-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R
Bullock is about his 4th wife. Just another ditzo.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Yes...
Engine: Last time I checked...
Transmission: See "Engine"...
Originally posted by injdinjn
Bullock is about his 4th wife. Just another ditzo.
Tom is right. This wife #3 or #4. Wife #1 appeared on some of the early Discovery programs featuring Jesse James. IIRC, they even talked about the difficulties they were having.

Last year Discovery ran another special on Jesse James and Kid Rock riding thru Mexico. James was hooked-up with some psyco stipper then, who appeared on the show. Had a kid with her too.

I'm not sure what Sandra Bullock is thinking. I always had the impression she had her head together.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Banned

He has his own money- so -Why Sandra Bullock? I don't get it- He must be starstruck
Old 09-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: White KSwisses
Engine: 5.3L Gen III
Originally posted by V6#20
He has his own money- so -Why Sandra Bullock? I don't get it- He must be starstruck
She's hot. Thats why I would hook up.
When he starts beating her and they get a divorce, he can marry a hotter chick.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

She's homely looking and her body is pear shaped. Even when they had her all done up in makeup in that Mr Congeniality (sp?) she did nothing for me. Now someone like Elizabeth Hurley (Without the black eyeliner crap) or the younger Tawny Katain an I would consider marrying someone famous, but not Sandra Bullock when you've got his kind of money.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone with that kind of money would ever get married unles they want to have children and have a family life. Just live with her.

I am happily married, but I will tell you straight forth that if something ever goes asray with my current marraige I will NEVER get married again. I have my "family" and have raises my child and do not ever intend on having any more children- so no reason to ever marry again.

Last edited by V6#20; 09-14-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

Matter of fact if I had that kind of money Id be sitting on my yacht in Palm Beach with my NEW friends.... Teddy, get me a beer.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by MikeDirntRulez
How could you blame them? Like V6 said, if he ends up wrecking his car, then he can simply just take it back, pay to have it fixed or do it himself, while the poor, normal citizens have to fork out the money to get it fixed.

I don't have anything against Jesse James honestly, but I could understand why people wouldn't want to be on the same track as him.

On another note, I never even knew him and Sandra Bullock were together.
The drivers were pissed at Jesse that night because he was driving like a jacka$$ and he took out 2 other cars when he crashed.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:49 PM

Car: '83 T/A WS6
Engine: carbed 305
Transmission: 700R4 w/ shift kit
Yeah I heard alot about that incident on BSSportImages.com's message board where all the teams and drivers talk...
Heres the current topic on this subject:
http://bcsportsimages.com/chairracer...?TID=1476&PN=1

To sum it up, Jesse was being a punk and pounding on people BUT dont ever risk the lives/saftey of other drivers to get revenge on another driver...they are both in the wrong! Jesse should drive like a racer, not a R icer BUT the 177 should NOT have put other drivers lives at risk just to get revenge! IS wont ban Jesse from racing but he is doing a good job of alienating himself...

Jesse is a Very agressive driver in everything he drives! He started out racing with Us in the Super Late Model class...he was a wreck! No finess(sp?), gas pedal to the floor, then slam on the brakes, crank the wheel, repeat! Man did he kill the tires! If someones in his was in his way he'd just knock them out of the way...After a few races of taking others out, he finally found the wall himself! One of his first few races I was in the pit stands timing and right after Jesse's car came onto the track and the announcer announced him I watched him walk right past me in the pit stands...Dont know what the deal was on that, but it got the crews and drivers in the pits talking...I didnt know he was banned from running with us though? But he did have several drivers come up to him and talk to him about there concerns with his driving, and hasnt been back in our divison since!

Besides the circus he brought with him was redicules! We can only bring in 1 vehicle into the pits for each team, him and his buddys would take up 3 good location pit stalls for his and his buddies 4 or 5 cars...WHy do you need your street car in the pits? to look cool I guess..then theres all the hoochies that come with him and his crew! I get yelled at for rolling up my sleves in the pits while these hoochies get to walk around in stripper apparel? not safe!

Anyways, I could go on and on...we have been watching his spectial at the track for 2 seasons now...BUT as far as the fans and kids go, he has the curtisy to wait until the last 30mins of the autograph session to come out so the fans dont ignore all the other racers, and he puts butts in the seats of the grandstands, which IS has been lacking a bit of lately...the bottomline is IS wont kick him out so we either have to gang up on him and start punting him around(which quite a few racers are talking about doing!) or just learn to race with a typical "more money than brains/skills" driver...should be interesting to watch!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 82knightrider
who was his 1st wife
Sandra Bullock (16 July 2005 - present)
Janine Lindemulder (20 October 2002 - 2004) (divorced) 1 child
Carla James (? - ?) (divorced) 2 children