Southern California Area Southern California Members.

drag racing tomorrow @ LACR

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 IROCZ
Engine: L98... for NOW
Transmission: Corvette
drag racing tomorrow @ LACR

hey guys, some of you have seen my other thread where im talking about going to LACR, but heres another one.

me and some friends are running up to LACR tomorrow to race. the main function of the night is to get my Stealth tuned the best possible, so i will NOT have my camaro there. but it should be fun nonetheless.

hers the list of cars in order how fast they will be running:

my 92 steath turbo
95 3000gt vr4 (this car and mine have almost identical mods... itll be close)
35th anniv SS with SLP goodies
another 92 stealth turbo (this ones stock)

also SuperTrans Man and Harley61 from this board are gonna be cruising up with us, but i dont know if they are running or not.

if you live inthe LA area, we will be meeting at 4-4:30 at my house in La Canada (the 2 and the 210 freeways) and driving up Angeles Crest/angeles forest highway to Palmdale.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:46 AM

Car: '83 T/A WS6
Engine: carbed 305
Transmission: 700R4 w/ shift kit
We had fun!
Now I have the bug to "test" all my families cars(93 Bonneville- V6 supercharged, 87 Suburban-all aluminum 383 with 400+ hp) after seeing Alex's times I dont think I even want to take my car out there...too embarrasing(maybe a 20. something if Im lucky!)! Ill let him post his times if he wants...But I will post his best reaction time (even though he's not proud of it, he beat just about everyone on rt's) .514...now if we got him into a car with some ummph he could be a real threat

Sorry we didnt say bye, we decided after about 15 runs (I got to ride for the last 4 runs!) it was time to head home and we left straight after our last run...What was your best run of the night? You had everyone in the stands attention everytime you ran, shocked the hell out of them!

Like I said we had lots of fun! Alex was excited that he got to drag race again for the first time in a loong time! Drop us a line next time your heading out there and we'll join you if possible...maybe we can get more people up there with us next time!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:15 PM

Car: Camaro
Engine: 5.slow
Transmission: 5 speed manual
youll have to forgive the slow reaction time i couldve done beter but i was deep staging for certain reasons so yea but it was fun wish we couldve stayed longer but i was afraid of the beast breaking on me but it brought back some memorys
Old 12-18-2003, 05:51 PM

Car: 1988 IROCZ
Engine: L98... for NOW
Transmission: Corvette
argh... my best time was only a 13.1 @ 105 but that translates to a 12.6 @ 108. waaay to slow for what i thought id be doing. but once i could pay attention to everything in the car, i realized i was only running 12 PSI!!!! it should have been 19-20!!! i now know that i have a MAJOR vacuum leak somewhere that i need to search out.

but i have a vid of that 13.1 and my car was tuned so that when i shifted, flames shot out of my tailpipes!!!!! formula 1 here i come! i tried to tune a bit more after that, and never got it right, so i never went faster.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT:
i lined up next to an R1 sport bike.... 900 I THINK. i was pissing my pants, cause my friend has a CBR 600, and that thing is faster than anything i know of. well, I TOOK HIM OUT OF THE HOLE!!!!! and not even by a foot or two.. i looked left and COULDNT SEE HIM. then at a bit past the 60' he walked past me without even trying, but that was expected. i thought that maybe he didnt launch it or something, but at the end of the night he came up to me and asked what my car had, cause it SCARED HIM!!!! what?!?! hes dragging an R1 and my car scared HIM!?! but wouldnt you know it, that run was not caught on video. i do, however have the timeslip with my superior 60'. hehe.

:lala:

so, yeah, it was a bunch of fun, and we WILL be doing it again. of coarse my gf was freezing outside cause i wouldnt let her run with me. ..... oh wait, my car is TOOO FAST to have passengers.:hail: