Southern California Area Southern California Members.

SEMA pics.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Yes...
Engine: Last time I checked...
Transmission: See "Engine"...
SEMA pics.....

Here are some highlights from SEMA:

GTO "Autocross": 400hp using LS6 engine upgrades. This car was pretty nice. Take note that it is also a 2-door. I know everyone is disappointed with the new GTO, but give it time. The first run of a new model is usually tame. By the 2nd or 3rd run I suspect the GTO will get "souped up". If they build it as too much of a hot rod off the bat it can limit it's sales. I'm sure GM would like to see a broad range of people buying these cars. Not just the gearheads. There was also a Grand Prix "Autocross" with a V8 on display. GM is very aware of the hi-performance crowd. They are teasing us, but they are aware.

Ford "GT F-150" truck:

Ford AC Cobra:

Pro Touring Dodge Challenger. This thing was pretty cool.

An ASC coverted Chevy SSR:

And this car was truly awesome. A '70 Barracuda with a Viper V10 and full Viper interior. The builder is planning to do a series of these cars. #2 is going to be a '70 Challenger and will be classic Mopar lime green. #3 will be a B-body/Viper. If you want to be #4 I can post the contact info. The builder is also working on a '69 Camaro/C4 Corvette merger.

Overall, the show was dominated by imports and the truck section had a vast array of H2s - from super-sized off-roaders to super-slammed bling-bling street versions.

Last edited by BretD 88GTA; 11-09-2003 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Supreme Member

Was the Cobra part of a Ford display, or was it aftermarket? I think there is a company in Poland that bought the original body molds for the Cobra and is building better than original versions for about $50k for a rolling chassis.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Yes...
Engine: Last time I checked...
Transmission: See "Engine"...
Originally posted by Russ-So Cal
Was the Cobra part of a Ford display, or was it aftermarket? I think there is a company in Poland that bought the original body molds for the Cobra and is building better than original versions for about $50k for a rolling chassis.
It was part of the Ford display. I also have pics of the new GT-40 and a customized '57 T-bird. Ford had a lot of cars at their booth.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2003 Porsche C4S
Engine: 3.6L
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
Originally posted by Russ-So Cal
Actually the former Commie military aircraft part supplier scanned half of a real cobra and just mirrored the loft ans used that to build the better body as I recall.