South West Region South West regional discussion board.

Anybody have any experience with Maaco Paint and Body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1998 Volvo S70
Engine: B5254S Engine
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: It's a volvo?
Anybody have any experience with Maaco Paint and Body?

This is in Tucson AZ of course.

Was thinking of taking the RS down there tomorrow to get a quote from them. From the searches I read, I am guessing I have to be very thorough and straightforward as to what i want done on the car and they should be able to do it.

I don't plan on spending more than 1200 dollars for a good paint job.

Another shop I found that seemed to have done great work was R&S Auto Body and Paint. I may take it down to them tomorrow.

What do you guys think of Maaco or R&S Auto Paint and Body...does anyone have any other places to recommend?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:25 AM

Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 T.P.I.
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body...-painting.html
Don't know if you read this one or not but this might help.....
Old 08-09-2006, 05:53 PM

Location: Tucson AZ where the 3k ft of elevation kills your time
Car: 89 camaro rs
Engine: 383 .06 over
Transmission: th350
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt
One of my uncles use to work for macco and all he did was complain about how ghetto that place was and how ****y there work was. My dad took one of my cars there to get painted just because it had gotten hit by some dumb @$$ that was a partial owner of the place and they did a ****y job. I wouldn't take my car there if you actualy care about it. If you just want some paint thrown own so that you can get rid of it or something like that then go right own ahead and do that.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:00 AM

Car: 1998 Volvo S70
Engine: B5254S Engine
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: It's a volvo?
Originally Posted by mrt89rs
One of my uncles use to work for macco and all he did was complain about how ghetto that place was and how ****y there work was. My dad took one of my cars there to get painted just because it had gotten hit by some dumb @$$ that was a partial owner of the place and they did a ****y job. I wouldn't take my car there if you actualy care about it. If you just want some paint thrown own so that you can get rid of it or something like that then go right own ahead and do that.

damn...I went to O-Reilly collision center today and I got a quote for a whopping 3k, I would most definitely paint the car for that much if I had the money just because I heard they do phenomenal work...but the guy there was very helpful and wasn't biased or anything on any of the other lower class paint jobs.

I guess I have to save up more for a decent paint job then if I want to make it work. Still haven't decided yet on what the car's future will be, I either fix up the body and make it look nice, or by summer of 08' I get an LS1 F-body