South Central Region Board for the states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisana.

TWS Track day photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 iroc
TWS Track day photos

My TWS Track day photos (with write-up for my local car friends cut and pasted here)

This last sunday was my first "real" track day with an instructor. I only got to go to one day, Sat. was Holly's 5 yr bday. I had a blast, and would highly recommend it to anyone. Any kind of car can work, they have helmets you can rent for $5. An instructor rides along with you and you are in a beginner group your first time out (Green group).

Sun. morning session was cold and wet. I thought it was fun - you are still finding the limits of your car, just slower, etc. My car did fine, i used my "drift" experience a few times to keep from spinning as i slid around some. Next session it was almost dry out, i was able to push the car a lot harder. Even though it was my first real track day, i had more driving experience than many others in my group. You only pass when you are "pointed by", this is to keep things safe and you only pass on certain straightways.

I had a lot of fun playing with an AMG Mercedes CLK 63 Black Series. He was faster than me on the straights, but i stayed right behind him on the turns. But, i found the limits of the stock 10.5in camaro brakes. My brakes didn't work very well and i had to start backing off - i almost rearended the AMG when he braked earlier than i expected and my brakes decided not to work. :shock:
After that i took it easier.

My first instructor was happy with my driving and had another instructor take over to "pass" me into the next run group - so next time i'll be in the "blue" run group, which is still for newish people.

I would highly recommend giving this a try.

Photos (there is a photographer at the track who will sell you photos) -

more here - http://www.z28evans.com/album/thumbn...lbum=27&page=5

Here is the Track's link, with schedule, etc. They have the Texas *(is retarded)* World Speedway Performance Driving events about once a month.

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com

I'm going to go to more of these to improve my driving skill - and have Fun!

James
Old 12-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 GTA/93 S13/91 Si
Engine: 5.7 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Re: TWS Track day photos

awsome pics! sure that was SUPPERRR fun. haha
Old 12-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: '92 RS
Re: TWS Track day photos

I hope to make it to TWS with my bike in February if they're open that soon. Looks like a lot of fun though, would love to take the Camaro too.