Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Few questions before supercharger goes on

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Trans AM
Engine: Twin Turbo 6.0 LS2
Transmission: T56
Few questions before supercharger goes on

Hey guys, got myself a Eaton M90 supercharger that i'm going to throw on the old 305 in a draw through until it finally blows (i know i'll probably only see the good side of 5psi)

I can create all brackets and everything myself, and i know how i'm going to bolt it down and spin it.

The car is a carbed CCC-Qjet which i havent seen anyone SC yet (maybe i'm just blind.) One of the issues is being a mechanical FP it only pushes 6-7psi to the carb. I know i need a boost refrence FPR to increase fuel pressure under boost conditions, however. Does the FPR increase the fuel pressure itself? Or do i need to switch to an electric fuel pump in order to increase the fuel pressure? Or will the FPR act as a "accelerator pump" and increase the 6-7psi to 8+

The other question would most likley be more suited for the carb section.
The CCC-Qjet tunes based on vac and tps sensors in a rudimentary SD style system. How will the VAC sensor display boost? Is it capable of showing positive pressure? What will the ECM do since it does have a positive pressure in its MAP?

Other than that, i got everything layed out. Should be fun!

Thanks guys

Last edited by BahN; 08-07-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83Z28 HO
Engine: Magnacharged Dart Little M 408
Transmission: G Force 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" w/Detroit Trutrac
Re: Few questions before supercharger goes on

Originally Posted by BahN
Hey guys, got myself a Eaton M90 supercharger that i'm going to throw on the old 305 in a draw through until it finally blows (i know i'll probably only see the good side of 5psi)

I can create all brackets and everything myself, and i know how i'm going to bolt it down and spin it.

The car is a carbed CCC-Qjet which i havent seen anyone SC yet (maybe i'm just blind.) One of the issues is being a mechanical FP it only pushes 6-7psi to the carb. I know i need a boost refrence FPR to increase fuel pressure under boost conditions, however. Does the FPR increase the fuel pressure itself? Or do i need to switch to an electric fuel pump in order to increase the fuel pressure? Or will the FPR act as a "accelerator pump" and increase the 6-7psi to 8+

The other question would most likley be more suited for the carb section.
The CCC-Qjet tunes based on vac and tps sensors in a rudimentary SD style system. How will the VAC sensor display boost? Is it capable of showing positive pressure? What will the ECM do since it does have a positive pressure in its MAP?
You're saying it's a "Draw Through" application, and your asking about FPR's?? I don't understand. The only time you need to boost up fuel pressure is when you have blow-through applications, like turbos or centrifugal blowers that require a carb bonnet. Then it's a whole new ball game.

Weiand used to sell blower kits that worked with the CCC carb set up and was smog legal. You may want to do a bit more research....

Last edited by Confuzed1; 08-10-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83Z28 HO
Engine: Magnacharged Dart Little M 408
Transmission: G Force 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" w/Detroit Trutrac
Re: Few questions before supercharger goes on

Sorry - double post...