Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Paxton Novi GSS Supercharger Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro Iroc / 1989 Firebird TA
Engine: Camaro 350 cid / Firebird 305 cid
Transmission: Soon T56 D&D Viper (WC T5) / WC T5
Axle/Gears: 9 bolts; 3.45>3.89 / 10 bolts; 3.08
Paxton Novi GSS Supercharger Help

Hey, I need help with my Paxton Novi GSS supercharger. I brought the Paxton a few years ago, and I am not sure what year Fbody the supercharger came out of. The guy, who I brought it from didnt tell me what year his car was.

So far, I think that the Paxton won't fit in my 1988 Camaro, because the way I looked at the bracket seems it fit between 1985-1987. Also the Paxton looks like it goes on the driver side. I am confuse the way I looked at it to compare other supercharger the bracket and the paxton charger itself.

I have taken some pictures of the charger. The bracket might be a bit hard to tell what year the bracket goes on, since I didnt want to take all the parts out of the box and get it mix up.

So if the bracket won't fit my 1988 Camaro. It there a bracket somewhere I can find or someone selling to fit on the driver side? Will there be other part that I would need to get to make it fit on the driver side, such as pulley, belts..etc? Are everything the same setup on the passenger side to put on the driver side, I know the bracket are different.

Also, not sure what size of the rib of the puelly is? Could be a 6 rib pulley?

Please help me out thanks .
Attached Thumbnails Paxton Novi GSS Supercharger Help-dsc_3367.jpg   Paxton Novi GSS Supercharger Help-dsc_3377.jpg   Paxton Novi GSS Supercharger Help-redline-around-bracket.jpg  
Old 03-13-2009, 07:57 PM

Re: Paxton Novi GSS Supercharger Help

Anyone, know? Please help me.

I am sure some of you have expereinced with supercharger and would know how it works.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:34 AM

No one, knows? Don't know what I am going to do. Still looking around for information.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1988 camaro z28,1997 camaro lt1
Engine: 355 afr 195 heads,tpis big mouth
Transmission: 700r-4 built by me 3-4 z pack
Axle/Gears: 3.42

it does not look like my bracket that i have on my 88 camaro,it looks like a lt1 kit cause they mount on the bottom of the motor look at www.superchargerhelp.com and go down the sn series.

Originally Posted by scottwrightF1
Hey, I need help with my Paxton Novi GSS supercharger. I brought the Paxton a few years ago, and I am not sure what year Fbody the supercharger came out of. The guy, who I brought it from didnt tell me what year his car was.

So far, I think that the Paxton won't fit in my 1988 Camaro, because the way I looked at the bracket seems it fit between 1985-1987. Also the Paxton looks like it goes on the driver side. I am confuse the way I looked at it to compare other supercharger the bracket and the paxton charger itself.

I have taken some pictures of the charger. The bracket might be a bit hard to tell what year the bracket goes on, since I didnt want to take all the parts out of the box and get it mix up.

So if the bracket won't fit my 1988 Camaro. It there a bracket somewhere I can find or someone selling to fit on the driver side? Will there be other part that I would need to get to make it fit on the driver side, such as pulley, belts..etc? Are everything the same setup on the passenger side to put on the driver side, I know the bracket are different.

Also, not sure what size of the rib of the puelly is? Could be a 6 rib pulley?

Please help me out thanks .
Old 03-15-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by antoine
it does not look like my bracket that i have on my 88 camaro,it looks like a lt1 kit cause they mount on the bottom of the motor look at www.superchargerhelp.com and go down the sn series.
Thanks, interesting. I was told that the owner who I got it from told me it was from 82-92 Fbody.

An LT1? Okay, if that is the case. Could I just get a bracket to fit in for my 1988 Camaro and use the rest of the other parts to set it up such ask pulley, belts, etc with the Paxton?

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Anyone, know if I can still keep the Paxton parts and get a new bracket for the 1988 Camaro or will I have to get a whole new parts to make it fit?

Please let me know,
Thanks.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 PM

Car: 1989 Corvette coupe
Engine: L98 350cid
Transmission: ZF-6 manual
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 / 3.33:1

Anyone, know if I can still keep the Paxton parts and get a new bracket for the 1988 Camaro or will I have to get a whole new parts to make it fit?

Please let me know,
Thanks.
I know this is an old(er) thread, but I thought I'd just add my $0.02.

To answer the OP's question(s): yes, you can still use this Paxton Novi GSS on your Camaro, but as you've suggested, you're going to need a new set of brackets (and probably a new belt as well) to mount it to your engine.

There are three options available to you with respect to finding appropriate brackets:

1. Contact Greg Carroll @ BlowerWorks (www.blowerworks.net) and inquire about using one of their L98 brackets with your ball-drive Novi GSS. These are intended to mount Paxton SN series superchargers (similar to your GSS) on L98 equipped Corvettes (driver's side), so they should work for your application. But I would ask first as the BlowerWorks brackets aren't cheap.

2. Contact Craig Conley @ Paradise Wheels (760-740-0954) and inquire if he has any brackets for your particular application. Paradise Wheels purchased the rights to all Paxton VR, VS, and SN (including your GSS) superchargers when Paxton and Vortech merged. It's a long-shot, but it's worth the phone call.

3. Search eBay/Kijiji/Craigs List until you find suitable brackets for your application. This won't be easy and will more than likely take the most amount of time.

Unfortunately, there is no longer one single source for F-Body cars and older Paxton ball-drive superchargers. Back when the Granatelli family owned Paxton Superchargers, they sold a lot of the parts needed to bolt these blowers up to almost any car - Mustangs, Camaros, Firebird/Trans Ams, Mopars, etc... you name it. But that's not the case anymore.

Interesting fact: "GSS" stands for "Granatelli Signature Series". The ball-drive Novi GSS was a very limited production supercharger; it was seen as a sort of swan-song for the old ball-drive units since the new Novi 2000 gear-drive supercharger was just coming online as Paxton's new supercharger offering. That's not to say the GSS wasn't a worthwhile supercharger though... far from it! It contained all the best parts and all the latest improvements/modifications the Granatelli brothers learned about building solid, reliable ball-drive superchargers.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by TheCorvetteKid
I know this is an old(er) thread, but I thought I'd just add my $0.02.

To answer the OP's question(s): yes, you can still use this Paxton Novi GSS on your Camaro, but as you've suggested, you're going to need a new set of brackets (and probably a new belt as well) to mount it to your engine.

There are three options available to you with respect to finding appropriate brackets:

1. Contact Greg Carroll @ BlowerWorks (www.blowerworks.net) and inquire about using one of their L98 brackets with your ball-drive Novi GSS. These are intended to mount Paxton SN series superchargers (similar to your GSS) on L98 equipped Corvettes (driver's side), so they should work for your application. But I would ask first as the BlowerWorks brackets aren't cheap.

2. Contact Craig Conley @ Paradise Wheels (760-740-0954) and inquire if he has any brackets for your particular application. Paradise Wheels purchased the rights to all Paxton VR, VS, and SN (including your GSS) superchargers when Paxton and Vortech merged. It's a long-shot, but it's worth the phone call.

3. Search eBay/Kijiji/Craigs List until you find suitable brackets for your application. This won't be easy and will more than likely take the most amount of time.

Unfortunately, there is no longer one single source for F-Body cars and older Paxton ball-drive superchargers. Back when the Granatelli family owned Paxton Superchargers, they sold a lot of the parts needed to bolt these blowers up to almost any car - Mustangs, Camaros, Firebird/Trans Ams, Mopars, etc... you name it. But that's not the case anymore.

Interesting fact: "GSS" stands for "Granatelli Signature Series". The ball-drive Novi GSS was a very limited production supercharger; it was seen as a sort of swan-song for the old ball-drive units since the new Novi 2000 gear-drive supercharger was just coming online as Paxton's new supercharger offering. That's not to say the GSS wasn't a worthwhile supercharger though... far from it! It contained all the best parts and all the latest improvements/modifications the Granatelli brothers learned about building solid, reliable ball-drive superchargers.

Thanks,

I sold my Paxton Novi GSS and brought the Procharger DSC1 from Greg Carroll a year ago. Greg, is a good guy to deal with.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Car: 1989 Corvette coupe
Engine: L98 350cid
Transmission: ZF-6 manual
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 / 3.33:1

Thanks,

I sold my Paxton Novi GSS and brought the Procharger DSC1 from Greg Carroll a year ago. Greg, is a good guy to deal with.
Yeah, I had a feeling that's what happened. Like I said in my post, I knew this was an old thread, and from my experience most people who go down the supercharging route tend to sell their blower head units for something newer when they discover they can't get brackets/hardware for their particular application.

But I'm glad to hear your experience with Greg at BlowerWorks was a good one. I've had a lot correspondence with Greg as I have one of his older supercharger kits from when his company was called The Carroll Supercharging Co. - a complete Paxton SN89 setup (including brackets, hardware, piping, water injection system, etc...) which I bought from a guy who was running it on an '89 Corvette.

Best of luck with your D1SC. ProCharger makes a fantastic product.