Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

I need some expert help for an eaton supercharger.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008 | 02:35 PM

I need some expert help for an eaton supercharger.........

Thanks in advance. I am trying to fit an Eaton M112 top inlet supercharger on my 5.7 Vortec. I can't find a supercharger intake manifold. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've called Eaton, Magnuson, Whipple and a bunch of others and no solution yet. I sure could use some advice.

Dave
Old 05-29-2008 | 03:37 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42
Re: I need some expert help for an eaton supercharger.........

i dont believe they make a manifold for small blocks and those EATON style blowers
Old 05-29-2008 | 04:35 PM

I guess you are right, the best I can come up with is a custom made manifold (lots of money).

Maybe if I tell my whole situation you guys can get me on track. Also, this is the only forum I have found with discussions on eaton conversions to a chevy application. I am building an inboard aluminum jet boat using a 5.7 Indmar vortec engine putting out 310 horses. This is a low budget project and my goal is to sail past my buddy who just purchased a 225 HP E-Tec outboard jet boat, I just really need to shut this guy up about how fast his rig is. So, with that said, I thought a cheap, custom blower setup might work. If the eaton would work, I figured I might have the parts bought for around five hundred dollars but that probably won't happen. I have researched a twin turbo setup but the heat in the engine compartment is really going to be a problem. I thought about extending the turbo chargers above the engine lid and run the exhaust over the transom but I don't want my buddy to know what I've been up to. Number two, a twin turbo setup will limit fishing from the back of the boat. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again, Dave

P.S. Offering an apology in advance if I offend anyone. I know this is a high performance car forum and not a boat forum but I am just soliciting some advice from the experts.

Last edited by dave63080; 05-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2008 | 10:51 PM
Supreme Member
20 Year Member

Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

a motor is a motor and doesnt matter what it is in. I know there are some guys that have run eatons on their cars...some with twin eatons i believe M90's usually but in any case, i beleive they used custom manifolds

the only other options for blowers are weiand setups and other sbc roots blowers but thats alot more money

even a turbo DIY setup is alot of money depending on how much you can do yourself and what stuff you buy

what about nitrous? lol you can get alot more hp out of that motor with a simple shot

but another option is better cam/heads/intake setup. Could work well and make over 400hp on motor without too much fuss
Old 05-30-2008 | 06:07 PM

Thank you for the advice Orr89RocZ. I am going to take your advice and go with a weiland blower. I just have to buck up instead of trying to piece something together. It seemed like a good idea at first with an eaton setup but that ship sank pretty quickly. I think I can fix my buddy with a 10 psi weiland and a second benefit is I don't have to fabricate a drive system. One more question Orr89RocZ, with this blower system, can I install a NOS system with it also? Not trying to be to greedy with the power, but after I fix my buddy, he may sick one of his big block associates on me and I would like to be ready.

Thanks again, Dave
Old 05-31-2008 | 05:24 PM

Car: 81Malibu
Engine: SBC 355

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...chargers.shtml