Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Big Stuff 3 with boost

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 formula *sold*
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 bolt
Big Stuff 3 with boost

Any one here have experience running the Big Stuff 3 system on a turboed L98? I have decided to go with an aftermarket ecu and wanted to get some input. It seeme to have everything needed IE; two sep boost control and launch control, secondary fuel pump control for alcohol, data logging, Mappable boost control, etc. Also should I be running low or high impedence injectors with thier setup? I had called Full Throttle speed but Mike was in the hospital till monday so I will have to wait to order. Thanks. John
Old 08-05-2007, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 iroc
Engine: 402 twin turbo lsx
Transmission: th400
Axle/Gears: 9" 40 spline MW, with 3.25 gears
Re: Big Stuff 3 with boost

John, I do not have experience with the BS3, although my current project is getting one. I have run the fast, the accel gen 6 and gen 7 and electromotive. I do know that you can run either high or low imp injectors with the bs3. Some things are options, so be prepaired. Im waiting to purchase a 004-064, which for my needs is the one with staged injectors for an lsx motor. Since its actually one of the last things needed, Im just trying to get th erest of the car ready first. It should be a rolling chasiis in a few weeks. Im just waiting on rods for the engine and then need to get the intake and tb. Im going to run 16 injectors. The BS3 imo looks like its the best available. I ve worked with the rest, and Big John M had influence in most of those. They are all great but it looks like the gen 3 pro offers everything.

BTW Im not new.....just a new screen name.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 formula *sold*
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 bolt
Re: Big Stuff 3 with boost

I had debated whether or not to use the 6.0l I have but the 383 has all of the parts already and the 6.0l is still stock. I have researched the fast and accel systems and in my opinion the bs3 is just the next step up from both. Also I would presume that it would be the best that John M has to offer. I've followed his work over the last couple of years and he is way smarter than I could ever hope to be. I just like the fact that it seems to have everything I need in one unit. you used to have to run separate boxes for every little control. I am going to go with it and see. Just wanted to get some other inputs here on the board. Thanks. John