Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Dyno results for my buildup inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: D1SC Procharged 350
Transmission: D&D Performance built T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt 3.90
Dyno results for my buildup inside.

Hey all, i've been away from the message boards for quite some time now but decided to pop back in and post up the results of my buildup over the past 2 years it's taken me...I had a few real life issues pop up over the course of my build that took some time away but I just picked her up from the tuner this weekend.
Motor/driveline specs are:
350 block stock bore/stroke 8.6:1 compression
All forged rotating assembly
AFR 210 heads
D1SC Procharger 3 core intercooled 9 psi
Miniram intake
42lbs/hr Lucas injectors
Holley Commander 950 DFI
T-56 w/ 4:10 rear

Conditions were 86.24 degrees, 29.93 in-Hg, 28% humidity

536.35hp/483.58ft. lbs.

I had originally installed the in-line pump supplied in the Procharger kit but removed it before taking it to the tuner because the car was running extremely rich. Tuner said the in-tank pump holds fine until around 4.7k rpm then begins to drop to around 30psi, so there's definately more in there, he suggested ditching the in-line and dropping the tank to install a second 255lph walbro pump(I have the blower spec pump already). Anyone have any suggestions on fuel supply?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: '91 Camaro RS
Engine: F1R Procharged 383
Transmission: Tremec 600
Axle/Gears: moser 12 bolt, 4.11's 33 spline axl
Originally Posted by Forcefed89
Hey all, i've been away from the message boards for quite some time now but decided to pop back in and post up the results of my buildup over the past 2 years it's taken me...I had a few real life issues pop up over the course of my build that took some time away but I just picked her up from the tuner this weekend.
Motor/driveline specs are:
350 block stock bore/stroke 8.6:1 compression
All forged rotating assembly
AFR 210 heads
D1SC Procharger 3 core intercooled 9 psi
Miniram intake
42lbs/hr Lucas injectors
Holley Commander 950 DFI
T-56 w/ 4:10 rear

Conditions were 86.24 degrees, 29.93 in-Hg, 28% humidity

536.35hp/483.58ft. lbs.

I had originally installed the in-line pump supplied in the Procharger kit but removed it before taking it to the tuner because the car was running extremely rich. Tuner said the in-tank pump holds fine until around 4.7k rpm then begins to drop to around 30psi, so there's definately more in there, he suggested ditching the in-line and dropping the tank to install a second 255lph walbro pump(I have the blower spec pump already). Anyone have any suggestions on fuel supply?
wow man sounds cool.......you have similar heads to mine, are yours the competition full cnc version??? if the are they are what i have......thats very encouraging man........very encouraging.....mine is a 383 with an f1-R, and a very big solid roller cam......

as far as fuel supply, last winter i bought a new tank and sumped it, and used an a1000 pump........i killed it, so i bought the eliminator version and used the aeromotive pump speed controller.......it flows 800lbs/hr at 45psi

not a cheap setup, but it will get the gas where it needs to be. If you do a search, you'll find some pics of my build up with pics of the tank and everything.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: D1SC Procharged 350
Transmission: D&D Performance built T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-bolt 3.90
Yes 383, I was extremely taken by surprised when I got the call from the tuner telling me what it put down, I had planned on breaking the motor in and taking it back to him afterwards with a 14-15 psi pulley on, but i'm not so sure now, i'm pretty happy where it's at. I have the box-stock AFR 210's, not the competition ones though I had mine milled down to 60cc combustion chambers to get the compression where I wanted.
I've been contemplating doing the sump idea on the tank but I might just try to get away with putting another 255lph pump in the tank and see if that works out since it won't be as expensive, main reason being is that I have to purchase another rearend soon...I used to have a Moser 9" under the rear but I didn't like it and sold it so a member on this board so a 12-bolt has to be in the works soon.
I remember watching a video of your car when you first got the motor in and the hood cut to make way for the supercharger, and hadn't gotten it tuned yet, it definately made me get on the ball with mine :P I'll try to get my dyno sheet scanned so I can post it up, my digital camera is broken :/
Old 03-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: '91 Camaro RS
Engine: F1R Procharged 383
Transmission: Tremec 600
Axle/Gears: moser 12 bolt, 4.11's 33 spline axl
Originally Posted by Forcefed89
Yes 383, I was extremely taken by surprised when I got the call from the tuner telling me what it put down, I had planned on breaking the motor in and taking it back to him afterwards with a 14-15 psi pulley on, but i'm not so sure now, i'm pretty happy where it's at. I have the box-stock AFR 210's, not the competition ones though I had mine milled down to 60cc combustion chambers to get the compression where I wanted.
I've been contemplating doing the sump idea on the tank but I might just try to get away with putting another 255lph pump in the tank and see if that works out since it won't be as expensive, main reason being is that I have to purchase another rearend soon...I used to have a Moser 9" under the rear but I didn't like it and sold it so a member on this board so a 12-bolt has to be in the works soon.
I remember watching a video of your car when you first got the motor in and the hood cut to make way for the supercharger, and hadn't gotten it tuned yet, it definately made me get on the ball with mine :P I'll try to get my dyno sheet scanned so I can post it up, my digital camera is broken :/

cool man, good to see........

mine made 20+psi when it wasn't running right and wouldnt rev past 6,000rpm lol......since then, a dist gear exploded and i had to rebuild the motor......so i got a solid roller thats 262/272 at .050 and .630 lift.......should make peak power around 7500rpm........at hopefully well over 20psi.......the blower is pullied for redline haha should be fun.

i drove it a few times, and its absolutely horrifying lol