Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

How hard is is to tune a blower with a carb setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How hard is is to tune a blower with a carb setup?

Ok, I'm buying a a Weiand supercharger... but a friend told me it is VERY hard to tune a carb with this blowers. Is this true? or is it just a test and tune thing? What other problems might I have?

Also, does the fuel system have to be updated to keep up with a small blower? 6PSI max?

------------------

• Check out my website! Just click here.
Click here to download your Third Generation F-body smilies.
Old 07-29-2001, 11:17 PM

im not tryin to sound harsh, but have you read up at all on other people's cars that have these blowers on them? research what your going to to before hand. generally the manufacturers site has a decent amount of info on how to install it. before you buy it, if you do, read more on detonation, heat problems that are associated with roots blowers and how much boost you can generally run on the street. you cant run much, if your going to use pump gas, or use some sort of intercooler, but your creating more problems than your fixing, if you want to go to forced induction, get a flippin centerfugal.. ATI.. forget roots, its an old design, and its out-dated, again, not trying to sound harsh, but it would be easier (and better for you) to read alot of stuff yourself than ask someone to explain it(typing it out, no less) to you.. not that i havent asked lots of questions, but seriously, i think going and finding info and reading what other people have said about their cars has helped me out the most.. just my two cents

------------------
83 Z28--not a pretty site, sold thank goodness

74 Z28-- 383/400, green on black. pretty clean. FOR SALE!!!
Old 07-30-2001, 10:16 PM

It is not hard to tune. It is just basic carb tuning with a roots blower. Start off low on the timing though and work your way up slow.

------------------
82z28 (currently building)
70.5 camaro
383 with D-2 procharger
best time 9.38@148
Old 07-31-2001, 09:50 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mtx28:
but seriously, i think going and finding info and reading what other people have said about their cars has helped me out the most.. just my two cents

</font>
Ummmm... and what am I doing? I've read a lot about it, I just need to know is it really had to get the carb tuned right or not. As you can see, somebody answered my question... not that hard eh?

------------------

• Check out my website! Just click here.
Click here to download your Third Generation F-body smilies.