Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Bulkhead fittings and other nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: L98
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Bulkhead fittings and other nitrous questions

Who makes a bulkhead fitting for my nitrous blowoof valve to connect to? Also should i use a bulkhead fitting for my nitrous line to run it out of the interior to the main line under the car?
Any other rules i should know about routing my lines and everything to make the car NHRA legal? i want to run at RT.66 (which has very hard tech inspection) and not have any hassle.
Where have u guys run ur purge outlets on 3rd gens? I want to do it between the back of the hood and the winshield but the wipers take up most of that empty space except for the far corners. I want to run double outlets (got to make it look cool) so any idea where to run them to?
Finally, who makes a decent purge kit that wont cost an arm and a leg? Has to fit an NOS 05151 kit.
Thanks

------------------
1988 IROC-Z L98
License Plate: STG KLR 1
Engine Mods:
Edlebrock TES Headers, Hypertech Chip, Flowmaster Muffler, Intake Airfoil, Removed MAF Screens, MSD-6A, MSD Blaster 2 GM Coil, bored .030 over, Other minor mods
Suspension Mods:
Lakewood Traction Action Lift Bars, Hal Rear Shocks
Trans Mods:
2,500 stall converter, Redline clutches,Heavy Duty Steels, Trans-Go reprograming kit , Heavy Duty 2-4 band, Corvette Servo, B&M Mega Shifter w/ Carbon Fiber Handle (looks sweet in a black car!)
ET: 13.833@99.30

"If you can put it on your car, its fair" Quote By Guido
Foundering Member of the Illinois Overkill Crew (IOC)
www.mfba.org
Old 06-13-2001, 03:28 AM

I'll answer one of your questions.

All a purge kit is is a N20 solenoid,an adaptor (same as ones used for putting guages on), a fitting for the solenoid and some brass line w/ compression fittings. If you find a good deal on a n20 solenoid, you can get the rest of the parts really cheap. If you want to make a dual outlet purge you need to get a T-fitting compression fitting and more tubing than any kit gives you. The best place to get this stuff would be some kind of specialty fitting store. All purge kits are pretty much the same (NX, N20, Nitrous works), you don't really need a good solenoid for a purge (not worried too much about flow rate), so get the cheapest one you can find.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:01 PM
Supreme Member

thanks man, any info on bulkhead fittings?
Old 06-25-2001, 10:11 PM

Hey Kyle! How do you plan to mount the bottle? I have been thinking how to mount mine and was curious what you were planning on doing. I would like to hide it inside of the removable panel that covers the spare tire and jack. With my luck I'll have a flat the first time Im out with the bottle and not be anywhere near home! LOL!!!

Mike
Old 06-25-2001, 10:48 PM
Supreme Member

Hi Mike, im doing it in my spare tire holding area. my spare has been crap since the day i bought the car so im not in any more danger putting the bottle in there im still trying to figure out how i want to run the lines. my local speed shop seems to have no idea what a bulkhead fitting isso im gona have to look around. im also trying to figure out how to run both my fuel pressure cut off switch and my fuel pickup for the system of the same schrader valve on my fuel log. ah well, ill figure it out. hey IM me some time man, wolf464035 talk to ya later.