Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

How do I soup up my 83

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2001, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I soup up my 83

Well I am a novice in the world of cars and I have an 83 Z28 and I was wondering how to give it more horsepower and simply make it racing material.
Old 06-24-2001, 09:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go through this message board with a fine tooth comb reading everything. Go back through all of the history. Spend the next month doing that if that's what it takes. You've gone this long with your Z - it'll wait a bit longer! Copy pertinent information into corresponding ".txt" files (i.e. "Engine.txt," "Tranny.txt," "Suspension.txt") on your computer so you can look up information later on AND so you don't ask the same questions that are always asked, and usually ignored. If you don't do your homework people are less likely to help you out simply because if you don't want to do any work why should we want to help you out?

I hope I'm not sounding like a hard@ss or anything but way too many guys come here and say "What can I do for xxx?" without reading any of the posts here or without knowing what they really want. Unfortunately for them "xxx" has been posted once a week for the past two months; people are tired of rehashing it, and they think you're a troll because they've covered it so often.

Soooo, read up, get a good idea of what you are looking for, what you can afford, what your honest capabilities are - then start asking intelligent, pertinent questions.

Just my opinion of course,

Darth Steve

Oh yeah, somewhere in there, remember to have fun.

EDIT: I forgot to add, get a Chiltons/Haynes at the least - you should invest in a Helms manual because it has every little detail on your car in it.
------------------
Steve's Trans Am Temple

[This message has been edited by scauffiel (edited June 24, 2001).]