Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Dry N2O setup question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dry N2O setup question.

Sorry this is not reguarding a thirdgen car but this is the only good N2O site I have come accross. Here goes: I have a Edelborck proformer Nigrous kit for my 79 vette. When I am not using it in the winter I want to put it on my 2000 S-10 with the 4.3 I know I can tap the service port on the fuel rail to run a fogger nozzel wet setup. But what I would like to do for simplicity is to go with a dry system. Then let the ECM control fuel and timing so the motor is happy. Would the stock pump and injectors keep up with a 25 hp shot? Do I need to put the nozzel before the MAF? What size N2O jet should I use to get approx 25 hp?
Thanks!
Old 06-14-2001, 05:31 PM

Have you done an exhaust on it yet? 'just curious cause if you haven't I would suggest that first & I bet you an get your 25 hp with that.

Can you put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on it? I have seen a dry system on a Vette where the guy put a bleed between the NOS & the vacume line for the regulator & when he hit the button instead of vacume sucking on the regulator it put some pressure on it. this made the fuel pressure spike up & "automatically" add more fuel. this would be a total test setup though & I dont know if I would try it on a motor that you care about. if this was an old beater & you did not mind blowing it up maybe worth a try. I think that I would go looking for 25 hp somewhere else though.

With only a 25 hp shot you might be OK w/o adding any fuel. I dont know that I would try though. maybe, back the timing out a deg or two & give it a go.

HTH's
BW

------------------
Bobalos
aka Bob W.
www.r71camaro.homestead.com
r71chevy@earthlink.net
<><
Old 06-15-2001, 08:45 AM

Ya I agree there are better and safer way to come up with the 25 hp but I already have the kit and it is fun to tinker with **** like that. If I do it I should probably go with a wet setup. I guess the question is how much can I run with stock ignition and timing? I know I have to run a cooler plug with a smaller gap. I hear the stock platinum plugs wont fly.
Old 06-15-2001, 11:00 AM

when I was in school I worked @ an auto parts store & returned just as many Platinum plugs as i sold, but that was some time ago. I wont use them ever again, but that is just my2c.

I think that the wet system is probalby the way to go & I would say that 50 is probably OK, but if you want to play, go until you hear the rods knock & then you know you have gone too much

BW

------------------
Bobalos
aka Bob W.
www.r71camaro.homestead.com
r71chevy@earthlink.net
<><