Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

My new bonnet

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My new bonnet

Old:

New:

I'm switching because I find the K&N bonnet makes the engine very hard to tune by creating a lot of turbulance above the boosters and bowl vents..

Half throttle seems to be pretty well tuned, but WOT is still lean and I've already popped one head gasket because of it..

Anyhow, I won't get to it this weekend because of my friends wedding, but next week I'll report back with the results..

Cheers,
Old 07-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: camaro sportcoupe
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: G-Force GF5R
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"
is that the procharger bonnet? i have heard good things about that one. do you have anyhood clearance problems with that? also, what manifold are you running. i am fixing to do a blow-through carb/centrifugal sc setup so i have been wondering what manifold i should use. i currently have a holley street dominator intake...i heard that dual planes were good for forced induction, is that true?
Old 07-04-2003, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, it's the ATI Bonnet with the 3" inlet.. It's 2.75"s tall.. I have a 2.5" cowl on the car with a Victor junior intake and 0.5" holley nitrous plate.. I haven't been able to install it yet, but I know I won't have any clearence issues.

I know that with the intake and nitrous plate there *may* have been enough room without the cowl, but it would have been tight.. Without the N.O.S plate and no cowl, you would probably be ok..

It's actually the opposite.. Single plane intakes are better for forced induction..

Cheers,
Old 07-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: camaro sportcoupe
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: G-Force GF5R
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"
ok, so if i run the vortech carb setup with the carb box, and a victor jr. intake, i should be ok with a stock hood?...hmmm...i hope so, i read on the ati website that it was better for dual plane intakes though...what gives? information on this subject please...