Pacific Northwest Region Regional discussion board for WA, OR, ID, and BC.

I have something to get off my chest.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have something to get off my chest.

Well, this is something that has kept me up late and thinking.. trying to decide what exactly to do, and how to go about doing it the right way, without offending anyone or hurting someone’s feelings. I don’t know why, I should be a lot more pissed, but I am typing this when I have calmed down so I’m sure that helps. I want to state facts and what I have found out through basic research on the boards and other sources.

Mark – I have known you quite a long time, ever since you registered way back in the day and had that 89 V6, we talked a lot on MSN and I took you as a good guy, like a friend.

I remember when you started rebuilding your 82 T/A after you blew the 305 in it. I remember you telling me you scored a 400 out of a boat, and you were going to punch it up to a 406, you told me you converted to an Automatic, and put a TCI 700R4 behind it. I remember you showing me pictures of the motor installed, lacking headers, then, you bought exhaust, and you got it running. It all sounded like a really sweet car!

Soon after you informed everyone that you had just purchased a brand new 2002 WS6 Trans Am, and even went as far as to say you had ordered a K&N and a chip for it. URL here - https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...threadid=70601

A litter while after that, You posted that you ran an 11.8@123 with a 50 shot of NOS, and 12.1@118 n/a. Everyone on the board was impressed.. with those trap speeds we all figured mid to low 11s were possible, and that was just damn amazing! URL here - https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...threadid=70692

Jon (Qwktrip) was toying with the idea of selling his bad boy 89 Blown 468…. You offered to buy it from him for $17k…. I figured that it really was going to happen because you claimed you had a great job making awesome pay…

Well, Jon got the car all ready to be picked up and put on a trailer and taken to your place. He waited. The he waited some more. He tried to contact you to no avail. Eventually he got upset, and said the deal was off. You came back on letting him know you were out of town and you did still want the car.

Well, John waited again. After waiting again, he said the deal was off. I am sure a lot of CC members looked at that and wondered, but other stuff happened, and MOST of us forgot about it. URL here - https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hlight=Qwktrip

After that a number of things happened, and you thought out loud on the board about selling the 82. I was financially able to think about buying a 2nd car are the time, and since I knew you I thought it would work out really cool. So, we got to talking about it and we decided on a price. I was so excited I actually posted about it. URL here - https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...threadid=70811

We talked about a meeting place and eventually we met in Drain.. which is roughly two and half-hours one way for me. I got a friend of mine to give me a ride if I paid for his gas so we went up there. You told me you would be there but you weren’t. But, you had a good excuse so I just figured it was a comedy of errors, and let it slide.

You made it to the gathering in Vancouver and I think we all thought you fit in well, and that your car had a lot of potential… I let you borrow my work camera because I had two cameras up there, and I wanted someone else to get pics for me… since I had known you so long I trusted you to use it. Through just lack of memory on my part, you took off for home with it riding in your backseat. You posted about it as soon as you got home, and I didn’t worry about it.

Soon after the gathering you posted pics of a pretty clean 1986 Trans Am… I liked the car, it looked really clean, and I thought wow, that’s cool, now he has 3 Trans Ams! URL Here - https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...threadid=78121

After you blew the 406 we talked about it, and made adjustments on price, and I still wanted the car. So, I had the opportunity to meet you in Salem (4+ hours from my house one way, and about 10 minutes drive for you.) Well, my dad and I waited.. and waited… we waited 2 hours for you. You never showed, so I went home, empty handed, with a little bit more gas money and a full day wasted.

Well, I had decided on the way home I was sick of being flaked out on, but, if I wanted to get my camera back, I had to play the game. So, I asked for you to UPS it to me. After about 2-3 weeks of you “forgetting” I made arrangements with Matt (Gettaway305) to pick it up from you.

Again, horrible nasty things happened to you…. Someone drained your tranny fluid, stuck sticks in your tranny cooler or something one time and you couldn’t make it.

So, since my tranny went south on me, I planned to go to Portland to meet Jesse (Crusader) to pick up a tranny, and to just hang out with everyone up there that wanted to hang out.

Well, I was going right by your place, and staying in Corvallis.. so I figured I could get the camera then, but, I thought about it, and decided to just keep that little fact quiet on the off chance that you would go out of town or something just because I was coming.

Well, I did get the camera back in one piece, and it still works.

Those are the facts as we know them from the board…. Well… after learning more, I know this. KNOW this.

The 2002 WS6 Trans Am – You never owned it. Simple as that.

The 1986 Trans Am – Also, you never owned it. It’s not yours.

The 406 – Actually a 350. That’s right, a 350. Never ran a 12 second time in its life, let alone an 11.8.

Now, here comes the interesting part. I am not going to lay judgment to WHY you made the false claims, and lied about so much. I can’t even fathom as to why… maybe I was raised different? I don’t know.

But, it’s real simple. Treat someone the way you’ve been treated. I learned that a long time ago, and that’s exactly how I live my life.

Lying to me.. To my face? That doesn’t make us friends anymore. The Cascade Crew is a huge group of friends; I would go as far as to call us family. We talk online for hours and hours; one of us has family problems, girl trouble, car trouble.. whatever, we are all there for each other as a shoulder to cry on if need be, someone to just rant to and get it all out, whatever.

What you have done to ALL of us, let alone the select few who have really gotten to deal with you one on one is just not right.

Someone who lies, makes false claims, and everything does not fit in to the grand scheme of things when it comes to the Cascade Crew, but I’m not the leader… I don’t make the calls.

This is a club, we have no officers… so, his is where the club comes in. State your opinions everybody.

Now Mark… I have not made this post in a confrontational matter; I have just stated what I personally KNOW.

Now, it’s your turn.

Joe Blount
Old 02-18-2002, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 T-Top RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Well,

I admit I haven't been keeping up with the boards lately, mark you seemed like a nice guy at the last gathering. But I do remember the jerking around you gave Qwk, twice. And I trust Joe, period. I've known him for what, at least a year now in person and longer than that online. But regardless I stand behind Joe, my friend, totally. Friends don't screw friends. Like I wouldn't screw Joe or anyone else. Example, I went down to Joe's house for a gathering in august with my new badly ticking car. At that time i thought it was the heads. Joe gave me a set of heads to put on until I could get the money to pay him back. That's what friends do. I get home go to put them on find out that wasn't my problem but I lost a spring lock on the only valve I took off. So, instead of making up some excuse or whatnot I gave him another set of heads I had lying around. Maybe he'll find a use for them maybe he won't. But at least he'll have that 1 missing spring lock. Anyway, I don't know if I speak for anyone else in the crew. And I'm not trying to, my own opinion. You're not welcome here, or at a gathering, by JohnnyIroc.
:nono:
Nuff Said.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know any of you personally, but you have made me feel welcome here and I look forward to meeting all of you at a gathering in the future. One thing that I do know is that you don't lie about what you have and you don't leave you friends hanging. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:27 AM

Car: 79 Camaro RS
Engine: 355, carb, alum heads, XE262
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Way to call em' out Joe!

Shoot I'm all the way across the country (EAST SIDE) and I've never met Rosh/Joe in person but I have been chit chatting with him online for a few years now (how long has it been man?). None-the-less I've come to find out he is probably one of the coolest people I chat with on a semi-regular basis, as well as very trustworthy. Basically what I'm saying, is that Joe is a very laid back kinda meek dude (as far as I'm concerned) and when he gets teed off enough to start pulling cards, well me and my 6'3" 260lb *** is right behind him backing him up.

Last edited by poorboy8; 02-18-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:51 AM
COTM Editor

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,307 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56
Mark,

That took guts to fess up. Let me tell you I would never judge you buy how much money you've got or the car you drive. The simple fact you're interested in cars is good enough. We both share the same interests. You can't help it you were cast a different lot in life than me or other people. I hope that I never gave the impression that I would snob people that aren't as priviledged as myself.

You're starting from a point of truth now and I appreciate that. I would like to offer my hand of friendship if you want to start over. To not be able to forgive is worse than any other offense. Let's patch it up and move on.

One thing I'm curious about is if you're really coming out to Illinois for the tech school. If so we'll have to grab a burger and shake when you get here. My treat.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:51 AM

well first off..to everyboy in the cascade crew..i apologize..to EVERYONE! at first thought's..upon reading joe's post..i wasnt going to respond..just say goodbye to some of the few cc'ers that i talk to through aim,msn..etc etc.i thought that responding to this post would just cause more **** than was worth.but after thinking about it..and talking with a few people..ive decided all of you deserve an apology..and a reason as to why the stupid **** was done.as stupid as this reason might sound to some of you..it is the honest reason why i lied about having some stuff that i didnt have. so here goes...

the reason i lied is basically because of one reason..it was a moronic attempt to try to impress you guys. i remember first coming to thirdgen.org..then finding the cascade crew...made a few posts..started browsing the posts from like..a year back or what have you..seeing all of your guy's car's..and i seriously felt extremely outclassed..here i had a 1989 pontiac firebird..all beat to hell in the front end..and a 1982 transam..with a blown 305.browse the boards..i see nothing but car's like..schultzy;s..joe's..jess's ,just cars that are pure badass..damn near flawless..meanwhile my 89 had **** hangin off the front end...the 82 was just..i cant even describe what a mess that thing was..and still is.the 406 ..actually did begin life..but was never finished..the guy i had building it for me..talked me out of it...and he built me a 350..which is the exact same motor everyone has seen,in all the pics.needless to say..i got royally screwed on the 350 deal...brand new motor..and it laster 5k miles...becuase he had no clue what the hell he was doing.that was beyond embarrasment. at the latest gathering..the first one i attended..the feeling of being wayyyyyyy out classed..really set in..actually seeing your cars in person..and up close..made me feel small..but anyways..enough of telling you why it was done..

i just want to apologize to everyone..im extremly sorry for lying and misleading all of you.i thank you for letting me in the cascade crew..it's been great knowing..and meeting you guys..

Sincerely

Mark Barnes
Old 02-18-2002, 01:52 AM
Supreme Member

I will say that Mark has always been a pleasant person to talk to both in person and on chat. I find it very unfortunate that he feels that he can't be himself when among us. We would have accepted you Mark, blemishes and all, if you would have been honest with us. None of us are perfect by any stretch. One of the things that bothers me most is that you continued to tell your lies to people, even when you knew that they already knew the truth. If you had admitted then that you had lied, we may very well have been able to forgive your previous actions. I know that the lies go beyond what Joe has listed above, as do many of us in the Crew, but because of their more personal nature he left them off this board, and I feel appropriately so.

It deeply disturbed me at the time when you didn't live up to your obligations to Jon, and I find it inexcusable the way you treated Joe in his dealings with you. We all try to help each other out with our cars, and other things, and there just isn't a place for someone who feels it is perfectly fine to screw "friends" over and over again. Besides which, if Joe had purchased your TransAm from you and later found out that you had lied about the engine size, you could have been in deep legal trouble.

Please think about what you have done. I hope in the future you won't find it necessary to tell lies in order to try and gain friends. I hope you can work out the issues you seem to have in your life. People worth having as friends will accept you for who you really are if you give them a chance. Unfortunately, I think you've probably burned too many bridges among the people here, and for that I feel sadness, because I think that you really are a pretty decent guy, and could have fit in here quite well.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:54 AM
COTM Editor

Mark, read back. I posted right before you did.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:55 AM

qwk..i apreciate it..i owe you oen of the biggest apology's.and yes..i was deadly serious about uti in illinois...as soon as i get this cutlass tuend up..and make sure its in good running order..ill be driving out there myself..around the first 2 weeks of march
Old 02-18-2002, 02:00 AM
COTM Editor

No more aplogies necessary. Shoot me an e-mail with your MSN messanger address so I can unblock you
Old 02-18-2002, 02:05 AM

well currently ..at the moment its transam406sbc...its going to be changed tho
Old 02-18-2002, 10:09 AM

Car: 1991 T-Top RS
I just wanted to interject my last bit of wisdom on this subject then I'm letting it go. When I first came to the CC I had a 1984 Camaro Sports Coupe. THe thing was trashed headliner falling out paint all to hell. Then 2 weeks before the very FIRST gathering it broke. I drove a 1976 buick skylark to the thing. Imagine how out classed I felt. But I never lied. next gathering I went to was ocean shores. I drove a 1997 dodge neon to that one. Again, outclassed at every turn. Point is, the crew accepted me for who I was and I didn't even bring an F-body to half of the Gatherings I've been to! Mark, in the future, with all other dealings you have, be yourself. It's not fair to anyone else, nor to you, to lie about who and what you are. Plain as that. Now, I'm done here.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
hey I was driving this at one time

talk about being outclassed
Attached Thumbnails I have something to get off my chest.-celica.jpg  
Old 02-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 astro
Engine: 4.3
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 7.5 with 3.42 gears
I have only chatted with the fellow crew members for about a month, and I am not going to say a whole lot about this. Mark confessed, he apologized, Joe got his camera back.

The fact that Mark did apologize makes me willing to still talk to him, as he always did seem friendly the couple times I did talk to him on AIM.

Joe, I'm sorry to hear that this stuff had to go like it did.

Jon, if you're ok with Mark's apology, then I'm cool with it.
Old 02-18-2002, 03:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Camaro, 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L carbed and 5.0L TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 and 3.27 posi
I've been away too long...
Old 02-18-2002, 04:25 PM

Car: 1991 Formula (sold)
Its nice to see the quality of people that reside in the NW
and beyond. I must admit I have felt the same way, out
of placed. Mainly because I'm older 35, married with children
and not in tune with youthful lifestyles as I once was. But
I'm clearly impressed with your responses, ALL of you could
have bashed Mark, and rightly so (I cant stand excuses
and not showing up for an appointment) but you took the
high road and that show class, allot of class. I don't judge
people for what they have, but I look to see how honest
and reliable they are. So Mark consider this as a lesson
learned, be prompt, say what you mean, do what you
say, if you want to be accepted this is the golden rule
to follow

Last edited by SLP-GTA; 02-18-2002 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 04:59 PM

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: L98
oops
Old 02-18-2002, 04:59 PM

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: L98
Originally posted by rx7speed
hey I was driving this at one time

talk about being outclassed
I can beat that. :P

FEAR THE 65 HP MONSTER!!!

Last edited by Roshambo; 02-18-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:15 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 astro
Engine: 4.3
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 7.5 with 3.42 gears
I was always taught that it is painful to set the record straight, yet it takes a big man to attempt to do so. It takes a bigger man to accept the apology, in my opinion.

I agree, we all could have torn Mark a new ***, but it isn't worth it. Let's just try to put this behind us, and go from there.

Unless something else comes up, I'm pretty sure I have nothing more to say about this.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:18 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
SLP-GTA... don't worry about feeling out of place... no way in hell would you be out of place...

CC is a great variety of ages... about half is 16-25 and the other half is 25-whoever is the oldest here

There are atleast 3 of us in the 30's that I know of (I'm 20, bah hehe)...

But overall, aside from some general ribbing, most of the 16-25 half of the crew is just as mature as the 25+ crew... and on the opposite... some of the 25+ crew can act just as immature as the rest of us, hehehe

So we don't single people out or exclude them because of their age... sides... you older doooooders gots money and stuff... or something like that, lmao

Anyway... It took a bit of prodding, but Mark came clean... I don't know how well its going to heal what has been said between crew members because of it, but atleast he's done it...

As a group of close friends, and I know a lot of us will consider CC a second family... all we ask is that people be honest and don't dick us around, because the whole of us as a group are honest and open minded ... we accept anyone... (I mean hell most of them have accepted me and I'm one ****ed up cookie )

We don't care about race, creed, sexuality or otherwise... Honesty and following through with what has been promise is most important...

Even if you have a non-f-body car at gatherings (in john's case, the neon.... BWAHAHAHA ... hehe sorry ) .. .or, in my case, don't have an f-body at a gathering and get a ride with a friend... don't feel left out or being outclassed... atleast you showed up, and atleast you had the guts to show up in what you did (or didn't) ... its the experience and the friends and the discussions on strangers porches on the beach type things that really count...

Its the overall enjoyment of what goes on....

Yeah, I know members have differences with other members... I mean Summer hates me and so does Dave... and i'm sure others think I'm ****ed up... but atleast they know I'm honest and usually just speak my mind.

So as long as Mark stays honest and truthful, he's ok in my book, since there are times when I do talk to him he's a decent guy... he just got the wrong impression of what impresses us as a crew more than anything...

its not all about flashy cars and who's the fastest... even though we have some of the most beautiful 3rdgen's out of all the f-body groups around... we're more than the other groups, we're willing to do things with eachother and make gatherings a multiple day thing...

As a crew we have to trust one another, even if we have our differences... if theres no trust, there will be no crew.

We all have differing opinions, so what, everyone is entitled to have them...

Sure, we all get into little spats, we prod at eachother non-stop, but we know its just a game, etc... and we gang up on one another sometimes but its all in fun, and thats how it should be...

Edited cause joe is a big stinkypoomoderator

Edit - I am not, I took a shower last week!

Last edited by Roshambo; 02-18-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:38 PM
Supreme Member

I wasn't going to reply to this but after thinking about it I don't want my absence to be mis-construed.

I for one have no desire to ever speak to MarK406 again. I'm tired of his lies, the things he has done to Joe and Jon, the general crap that come out of his mouth for the sole purpose of trying to impress us. Lies and deceit have no room in the Cascade Crew.
I'm probably the most aggressive member of the crew and I make no bones about it, I've offered on more than one occasion to serve up a giant helping of Cambells Whoopas* to him. Thats one statement I won't retract. In my opinion Mark406 has no place among the CC.

Now, I'm hearing talk about a new guy that seems pretty cool. I think his name is Mark Barnes, I'm not sure what he goes by on the boards though. From what I can tell he's not at all like Mark406, he's honest, punctual, and most importantly, an all around great guy. I think he might make a good addition to our little surogate family and I am more than willing to accept him and welcome him with open arms for who he is. Just like everybody accepted me only a year ago.

Mike.

Last edited by 87RS402; 02-18-2002 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:41 PM
COTM Editor

Old 02-18-2002, 10:39 PM

I don't hate ya demon,im in the group that thinks your ****ed up .It takes more then an internet argument to hate someone.

As for Mark i have no beef with him,he seemed nice and friendly.But unfortunately this thread has soured me on on the 305 i was thinking of buying from ya plus Oregon is too damn far away.Im sure if you stay all will be forgotten but just expect people to be a little leary when you post some info
Old 02-19-2002, 01:07 AM

Eye gots know beef wit Mark. He seemz like a reeeeelly kewl dood on MSN. 2 bad he dont have a 406, and 2 bad he felt the need 2 lye 2 uz, but he's on da write trak now, so s'all good 2 me dood
Old 02-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Supreme Member

:: takes dereks crack pipe and breaks it ::

NO!! BAD DEREK!!!

wtf did you say ?? o_O
Old 02-19-2002, 01:21 AM

Hehe, all I was trying to say was that Marks alright in my books. Just tried to put it the way Mark would say it

PS - SLP-GTA, I hope we never meet, because if we do, I mihgt have to attack you form behind with a lead pipe and take your car :hail:
Old 02-19-2002, 01:32 AM

Car: 1982 T/A -1986 Z28
Engine: 383 -305
Transmission: T56-700r
ahahahha..i do not type like that...i spell certain words like that on purpose..dunno why i juz do.lol haha i love that ..btw..all the burnouts were real..werent like photoshopped or something lol.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:40 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: Juiced 5.0 TBI - 300rwhp
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton Posi, 10 Bolt
now, markb, how would you know that guy we don't like mark406, didn't photoshop those burnouts <winks>
Old 02-19-2002, 01:56 AM

Car: 1989 Camaro RS
hehe...cause mark 406 didnt have any rear brakes :lala:
Old 02-19-2002, 02:13 AM

Car: 1982 T/A -1986 Z28
Engine: 383 -305
Transmission: T56-700r
lol..i can personally gaurantee...no burnout picture..was ever fake....and yeah matt i had ******* linelock lol
Old 02-19-2002, 02:34 AM

Hey guys..... U seem like a very well organized/brought up group... Just to let u all know incase u think im lying about the 383, i no longer have a 383 stroker, i now have a 350 that i just had rebuilt, all rocker... I had the 383 last season and at the end of the fall i spun a bearing.... An oil leak sprung up from the pan and i never noticed it.... I was too happy driving it and racing and never checked the oil in about 2 weeks.... Never noticed the oil spots it left because of my (winter car) Saturn had a leak from the timing cover.. One night I was racing a mustang and blew his doors off but was up at a pretty high range RPM and all of a sudden it started running ruff, and blowing white smoke out the pipes... Tons of it.. I turned it off right away and checked the oil and it had metal shavings in it along with some antifreeze (musta blew head gasket too)... Than my buddy offered me 300 bucks for the engine so I said screw it and sold it..... Now I have a done up 350, just freshly rebuilt.... Cant wait to try it out... My car is medium quasar blue with silver racing stripes... It has a 6 star chrome 17 inch mags, u guys will love these rims... I dont know who makes them or anything but when I get pics i'll show u them.... They suit IROCs so good..... The tranny in the car is all done up... It has a B&M stage 2, corvette servo, boost valve and a few other things... Shifts good and hard... It has a manual valve body (i think thats whut its called?) but I cant just put it in drive and go, i HAVE to manually shift or no go.... Im only 18 years old... Im currently looking for a leather 4th gen interior... I wanna do the complete change like 72buickgsx i think it is... T Top car... Have 4 15" Rockford Power DVC subs rated at 2000max 1000rms with 4 BD1000a1's... 2 caps... Only 1 15 in it right now until I make a box to accomidate the air space... I live in Ontario Canada... What do u have to do to get into the crew? Do u guys have any meetings around here or just strictly states? Would be nice to meet u all... And about the new trans ams, I just finished school and now have a full time job.. I talked to my bank associate and can be confirmed for a loan of 20 thousand dollars... I have been looking at some Trans Am convertibles like my buddies he just bought.... His is a 95 LT1, very nice car... All leather... I really want the LS1 so I was thinkin 98... I have seen a few for about 18 thousand.. But I also luv my third gen and the only thing that I think is makin me want the 4th gen is the interior, well, and the convertible part.... I am undecided on whut to do.... I dont know if i should stick with the IROC, get my interior and be happy.. Keep customizing it and not pay out of my *** for insurance and car payments and save the rest of the money... Whut would u guys do? Would like some opinions from more experienced third gen'ers... Thanks alot guys....
Old 02-19-2002, 09:28 AM

I don't hate you Aaron. Hate takes too much energy. I just don't consider you a friend.

I didn't even have a thirdgen when I came to this site. Although, I knew I had to have one. 6 months later, I got a piece of crap Z28 that needed a ton of work. Lance was witness to this. But I was soo excited!!! The interior (what was left of it) was molded to oblivion. It took a lot of hard work and time to get my car where it is now, but I still have soo much more to do. I never look at my car and say "Wow! It's perfect!" But I do have admiration for it every now and then. The vision of potential keeps me going. There's always more to do and I'll bet even the member owning the nicest car will say the same.

The last thing I would want a Crew member to do is think they have to impress any of us. We are all soo different and something so menial as cars brings us together from every walk of life. I like it that way. It would be boring if everyone were like me. I for one, am happy that we have cars and people in different phases.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Well not sure exactly what to say on this but anyway here goes.... Its unfortuneate that Mark felt the need to lie to impress us. When it was very unneccesarry (sp?) After all, a mild 350 is more than many of us have underhood. He seemed like a great guy in person and talking to online. .. Admitting his error's and apologising is a step in the right direction though.

Hey 383... As far as being a member of the Crew, its really basic. Living in the right area and having a love for 3rd gen's. We have had some meeting up in BC Canada, but most are in the Northern Oregon/Southern Washington area because it puts the gathering in the middle of everyone. Anyway, it would be cool to meet ya, but unfortuneatly for you, be pretty hard to make a gathering thats 2600 or so miles (and a 47+ hour drive) away from you. Your welcome to hang out on the boards though, we do have a couple guys that hang out and chat with us that aren't from our area.

Jess
Old 02-19-2002, 02:55 PM

47 hours + drive? Jeez thats a long way to go....
Old 02-19-2002, 07:59 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 383 Smoka
47 hours + drive? Jeez thats a long way to go....
Wait until he hears about the much anticipated Cascade Crew Power tour 2003.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:05 AM

You guys are scaring me!
Old 02-20-2002, 01:19 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: Juiced 5.0 TBI - 300rwhp
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton Posi, 10 Bolt
i think the power tour could be called and endurance race, it would turn in to a see who can break down last.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:23 AM
COTM Editor

Originally posted by 87RS402
Wait until he hears about the much anticipated Cascade Crew Power tour 2003.
Have you guys considered coordinating with the other regional groups and picking up some folks along the way? This could actually turn out to be quite an event. I could coordinate with the locals here.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:34 AM
COTM Editor

Originally posted by Dewey316
i think the power tour could be called and endurance race, it would turn in to a see who can break down last.
Ya, I am kind or worried about that too. I don't know how many of you have rigs that can go 4000+ mile including a few races without a glitch. Plus, it's going to cost a pretty penny. Expect at least $500 in gas. Then there's food and lodging for almost two weeks. Although, the average price of a nice motel from Montana on is in the $35/night range. You guys sure this is reasonable?

$500 gas
$455 lodging
$200 food
$100 misc.
---------------
$1255 total
Old 02-20-2002, 01:35 AM
Supreme Member

But Qwk, you already said there isn't that much room at your place.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:40 AM
COTM Editor

My condo (apartment?) is dinky and I simply don't want to have people all over the place. I really see no reason to even be at my residence. It's a quite neighborhood and hosting a big crowd would be inappropriate. Plus, I will need a refuge for myself just like everybody else.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:44 AM
Supreme Member

Well, since I can make it to Nebraska from pasco in 28 hours lets revise that.

$700 Gas (big block remember?)
$90 Lodging (I'm staying at Qwk's. TY Qwk for the offer.)
$125 Food, (I eat light)
$200 parts (We all know my car)
$15 for an "I survived" T-shirt
------------
$1130 total.

I'm up for it, I do have 1-1/2 years to save ya know.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:06 AM
COTM Editor

Originally posted by 87RS402
I'm staying at Qwk's. TY Qwk for the offer.
Huh? I was planning on hosting one family with a small child. I figure the quiet time would be appreciated. I'll decide who that is over time.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:09 PM
Supreme Member

If I'm able to go in 2003 ... I'm going to NC after IL ...