Pacific Northwest Region Regional discussion board for WA, OR, ID, and BC.

Back From Sacramento, and pics of my motor. --->

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 02:46 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back From Sacramento, and pics of my motor. --->

I got back from Sacramento on Monday night. Had a good time there, it wasnt to hot either. Im sure it will be worse in August when I go back. I went to Sac Raceway on Saturday night for their "Nitro Night of Fire" I was there from about Noon till Midnight. Saw a Camaro blow his motor at the end of the track at around 4, they actually found the whole piston on the side of the track!

And then around 8:30-9 they rolled out the Jet cars. These were the main reason I went, and It was well worth the 15 bucks. These things were insane! When they would blap the AB, you could feel the concussion in the air. The fastest run was at like 300 mph in the mid 5 second range. The announcer said it was the fastest run by a Jet car at Sac Raceway. My cameras batteries died on me before the Jet cars which really pissed me off, but, my cousin was able to get some of it on video. Here are a few pics I snapped while I was there though.

Notice the Nash Metropolitan in the Right lane. One fast car!

I think this truck took the record for burn out distance, on his 2nd run, he burned out all the way to the 1/8 mile mark!

My ears bled for this picture. LOL

More pics can be seen @ Misc Pics

Ok, here are 2 pics I snapped this morning... I need to buy the corvette back plate to cover the Distributor, and then Ill be good to go. All the Smog/AIR crap is gone now.. I just pulled it out, plugged the manifolds, and called it good. And its not throwing any codes. The car pulls like crazy from 80 and up, I notice the difference higher up, maybe because I just fry the tires thru first and halfway into 2nd its hard to tell how well it helped low end. I tried to get a 5.0 GT to race last night, and we were kinda playing a little, and when I got on it a little, the bastard turned off! LOL, oh well. Next mods, are Lowering springs (because my front end lost a lot of weight when the old heads were pulled off) and then, traction devices of some sort...

-Roshambo
Old 07-25-2001, 03:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Recaro Option T/A
Engine: 305 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3:27 Borg Warner
Nice pics as always Joe, I was in Sonoma last weekend for the X Factor Grand Prix, got to hang out in a Porsche camp and see the cars up front and personal (pit pass )
I was a guest of Kevin Buckler, he runs The Racer's Group, a hotrod shop for Porsche.

http://www.theracersgroup.com/

The Panoz cars where awesome, the sound they put out was music! The vettes did ok and of course the Audi team dominated.
Ear plugs were manditory !

I was lucky as a kid to see the jet cars in there hayday, I lived right next to the Fremont Drags and saw the green monster, what a trip that was

The driver of that car is featured here :
http://www.nitronic.com/20/jetcar.html

Don

------------------
1985 T/A WS6
Recaro Seats
58,000 smiles
TPI T-Tops
3:27 Posi
My Ride

[This message has been edited by 85 T/A WS6 (edited July 25, 2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 03:15 PM
Supreme Member

Sounds awesome Don. All 4 in the air in true Super cup fashion! Gotta love that! On my way to Sacramento they were running cars at Sears Point. I really wanted to stop and check out the action!!

-Roshambo
Old 07-25-2001, 06:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Awesome pics Joe! Have to look at the rest when I'm on the good computer. So man, what was wrong with the car?

Jess

[This message has been edited by Crusader (edited July 25, 2001).]
Old 07-27-2001, 02:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Recaro Option T/A
Engine: 305 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3:27 Borg Warner
Joe,

I wished you would of stopped in It was well worth the 50 bucks My son and his friend got free Hotwheels cars at the gate, there where tons of car clubs there and the California girls, well what can I say (hello wifey, I know you read these lol)

My son's friend Nate got the Hotwheels LMP roadster like the one above and he wont let me have it ! I cant find one anywhere

Don

------------------
1985 T/A WS6
Recaro Seats
58,000 smiles
TPI T-Tops
3:27 Posi
My Ride
Old 07-27-2001, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 85 T/A WS6:
Joe,

I wished you would of stopped in It was well worth the 50 bucks My son and his friend got free Hotwheels cars at the gate, there where tons of car clubs there and the California girls, well what can I say (hello wifey, I know you read these lol)

Don

</font>
joe's gf reads them too

Old 07-27-2001, 11:18 PM
Supreme Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 85 T/A WS6:
I wished you would of stopped in It was well worth the 50 bucks </font>
No kidding, see, if you had told me, I might just have been able to! Woulda been sweet Im sure. Oh well.. next time?

-Roshambo