Pacific Northwest Region Regional discussion board for WA, OR, ID, and BC.

MOPAC IN BC CANADA SUCKS !!!!!!! HELP ME?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOPAC IN BC CANADA SUCKS !!!!!!! HELP ME?

I wanted to do is all that is good to my 87GTA . I wanted to drop my car off and have one shop do all my work .The car has sat so long it needs every thing . The car has 60 thousand klms so ther not working on a sh*t box. I want to do the heads, cam ,roller rockers, headers ,high flow cat ,full exhaust ,NOS ,struts ,shocks ,full suspention pkg ,tires , brakes ect..
BUT MOPAC REFUSED TO DO THE WORK. I told them that I need to have the work done they said no cause some of the stuff they do not work on.
So MOPAC turned away 4 to 6 thousand $ worth of work just cause they could not do 800$ worth of front end work they could have subed out . I want to give some body my wish list state side or here to get it all done at once ...!SERVICE! I WANT SERVICE ARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by WOODY MCC (edited July 14, 2001).]
Old 07-14-2001, 08:14 PM

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Sh*t man, for 6 grand I'll quit my job and buy the most expensive manual and learn while i'm doing the work Wouldnt be done in time for summer though probably I cant think off hand of a shop that would for sure do all that though.

------------------
89 GTA - L98, Black on Black Leather, T-Tops

RIP: 87 Camaro Sport Coupe
Old 07-14-2001, 10:31 PM

Try Corvette Specialties in Surrey.
Old 07-14-2001, 10:54 PM

Be happy they were honest with you and didn't take in your car and do a half assed job on it...Mopac is a parts store with a bay that they use to do SOME work, not all.

I'll still shop there, I get a discount

------------------
1991 Firebird Formula
305 TPI,Auto,Custom 3" Mandrel bent I-pipe, Flowmaster 80 series muffler, 3" hi-flo cat,Taylor Spiro Wires,Bosch Platinum Plugs, K&N Filter, Grant GT Steering Wheel, 5% Rear tint, Pontiac Windshield Decal, Fresh paint

Check it out https://www.thirdgen.org/rides/index...ew&rideid=1074
Old 07-15-2001, 02:00 PM

MOPAC guy said we have the best wrench guy around,he dose the best custom stuff any where. So I told him what I wanted was custom exhaust , as he had just braged about the custom mandrel bent pipe systems we install .More like out of the box kits!!!!
they do no custom work at all.. I must rant.
I have friends back home that build stockcars
drag car ect.. and run shops open to the public from full race to your mom's mini van.
What ever you want done to your car he will do it. You get the best service you ever had
they treat your dollar like it is your last and there first. The only good service I have had out here is from SPEEDY AUTO GLASS
in and out as promised car vac washed and air freshener picked me up and droped me off where I needed to go. So I think I will get all my parts else where as well .Is there any other highpo shops in BC? MOPAC makes me ill I will not give them one more red cent as I did at one time or another , I have spent alot of cash at ther Kingsway branch.
I had told Denis the work I needed done .What ever you need our Surry store can do what ever you want.... BULL SH*T.......
WELL I MUST STOP STARTING TO BOIL
Pleas tell me your thoughts on this?
Old 07-15-2001, 03:04 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
Transmission: T56
they have speedy auto glass in Canadia??? cool...
Old 07-15-2001, 04:11 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Demon Z28:
they have speedy auto glass in Canadia??? cool...</font>
Yes and it's one family that own's it and they live here in NORTH VANCOUVER BC CANADA and yes thay are CANADIAN just as I AM....
HOWZIT GOIN EH?
Old 07-16-2001, 11:00 PM

Car: Camaro Z28 1LE R7U
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: G-Force Dog-Ring T5
Dennis is all mouth. He is a salesman, thats all. I deal directly with the owner at Mopac, unless it's just something small.

But if you are truely soured on Mopac, call Lordco. They have lots of great high performance parts and a real desire to out price Mopac. Plus as an added bonus the store in Burnaby on Kingsway across from Jim Pattison Chev-Olds is open til midnight Monday to Friday. No Bull. Go and see Wade or Darrel at that location, and tell them Karl Hunter sent you, and you will not be dissapointed.

------------------
Karl Hunter
Hunter Motorsports
Vancouver, B.C. CANADA

Old 07-16-2001, 11:02 PM

Car: Camaro Z28 1LE R7U
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: G-Force Dog-Ring T5
And to get the work done, well e-mail me privately and I can direct you there. I may not want to take on a project that huge at this time, just too much stuff on the go, but I can get you set up at a good shop run by good people - friends of mine.

------------------
Karl Hunter
Hunter Motorsports
Vancouver, B.C. CANADA