Pacific Northwest Region Regional discussion board for WA, OR, ID, and BC.

some random thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
Transmission: T56
some random thoughts...

I found the 305s I had on the Z before I bought the Z28 wheels and tires...

BFGoodrich Reinforced Euro T/A's

Problem is... they're H-Rated and it says for low-riders and small performance cars...

But, they're $120 apiece for 305/50/15's...

For some reason they're the only 305s for 15 inch tires I can find...

So unless I can find another set, I may end up getting those... cause I can't get new wheels any time soon...

I can get Nitto 245's for the front (assuming they'd fit on the stupid wheels I got now hehe)... then I'll have the centerlines on it again ... $450 for tires... might be talking my mom into an early B-Day present (and if I can get new wheels in that... well ... ) ... but if I can find 285's I'll prolly get those since they won't stick out at all...

And 4 tires to trash
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other disappointments... its still backfiring through the carb... so I'ma buy some carb cleaner and pull that bitch off there, pull it apart and rebuild it...

If that don't cure it... then I rethink my tire problem and get a Demon 850 and sell the edelbrock...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alternator pullies are hard as **** to get off ... I don't recommend it... but I was lucky enough that Schucks had my old alternator on the top of the pile so after about 20 minutes of getting both pullies and fans off, new alternator works much better now with the old fan whatsit on it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I now have a gas pedal thats not a piece of ****.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on july 4th I'm stealing everyones door keys to see if any of them will work for my doors or hatch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow I put the hood back on, give it a bath, and start pulling the rest of the interior out... the brown seats, carpet and I clip whatever I don't need on the wiring harness off and toss it into the growing pile of "**** parts" I have...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Joe comes up, at the minimum he will have a center console for me (and that spare door key hopefully)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really do have posi unless my rearend is playing games on me ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even with no traction, its nice to have it atleast running again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully I'll be able to pull the entire exhaust setup I have now and just stick a glasspack where the muffler is and call it good for awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atleast my headlights all work and I can wire my new electric fan in without any problems... I have a lightswitch to turn it on and off... but I think I'ma re-wire that when I do the line lock so I have a toggle switch on the dash for it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My gauges make me smile... for $40, you just can't beat a complete 145mph speedo gauge cluster
Old 06-14-2001, 12:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Cool dude, now get it running good enough to drive to MV... The 26th is fast approaching!
Old 06-14-2001, 03:59 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
Transmission: T56
Another random thought...

I don't really wanna pull my carb cause I have no goddamn clue what I'm doing with it, LMAO.

Ohwell...

Jesse, I've got doubts of it being ready before the 26th ... even if it is... theres still that other problem