Organized Drag Racing and Autocross Drag racing and autocross discussions and questions. Techniques, tips, suggestions, and "what will I run?" questions.

New best...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008 | 08:41 PM

Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: Alky 360
Transmission: TH400, Freakshow 9.5"
Axle/Gears: 9" 4.71
New best...

Car is finally starting to respond, the new slicks (even though they are a bit bigger) helped get the 60's down to 1.679.

Best pass of the weekend was 12.38 @ 108.42. Which was atleast a little consolation after losing the round do to breaking out on a 12.40 dial.

Actually got a head's up race with an old GTX in the second round. Most fun I have had during a run for a long time. Talked to the guy after the pass and he thought I was messing with him by having the same dial.

Plugs show the car still wants more fuel so, we may try and jet up a little bit more if I get a chance to make it back out this year. Also still think I could put a bit more timing in it, but will have to wait to find out.

I like the numbers but still think there is ALOT of tuning left in it...ecspecially after going across the scales at 2910#.

Looking through the timeslips (which I can't find) It seemed like the incrementals for 60-330 were a bit slow. I know the car needs more gear, and I'm sure the TH400 isn't helping any.
Old 08-29-2008 | 11:05 PM

Re: New best...

well ya gotta start somewhere right. I would try to get the carb right before adding timing, if it looks lean adding timing will make it worse. the converter is probably a little tight to get killer front half times, so I would just say get the jetting right, then fool around with the timing. After that work on consistency, keep a log so you can track your et vs. weather, and work on the tree so the rt gets great and you will go rounds!