OLD Third Gen Nationals OLD Third Gen Nationals

So, how is everyone??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now I got an 85 Berlinetta and an 85 Firebird S/E. I got out of the army about 8 months ago, and now im a government contractor working for the air force. Moneys good, but it sucks to be without the rides. There is a white IROC over here, I think its the only third gen in the country. I hope I see it again so i can at least talk to the guy.
Old 12-20-2002, 06:31 AM

Car: Z28
Engine: Edelbrockified 305
Transmission: 700-R4
Originally posted by FLYNLOW92rs
I don't care if i like the school........No bumper sticker is going on the camaro.......
RIGHT ON!!!
Well, I'm from SW Michigan, will definately be at thirdgen nats, *** Willing. Even if I have to drive solo, which is looking more and more likely since i'm running out of people to ask. Funny, but no one wants to sit in a Camaro for 7.5 hours straight (Stopping for anything but gas is soooooo outta the question--gonna do it Cannonball Style). i'm almost 21, two months away, and, yep, it's killing me. I work in a bathtub factory. On third shift no less. It sux. Stay in school.
Been looking for (a) a way to blow my vacation time and (b) a good long road trip in the Z. Looks like we have a winner! Then later this summer, maybe a trip down Pacific Coast Highway. Always wanted to see that.
The car: it's not on this site yet since I'm not done yet., but here goes; 85 Z, dark red with silver gfx. originally LG4, now with Edelbrock cam, intake, carb, and true duals, yes i said true duals. by spring I hope to have everything installed i list in my sig, plus get my Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired into my fuse panel. Then I'm looking to replace my (bent) Ronal R1 rims with IROC hoops.
Well, that's everything I can think of off hand.

Last edited by MartyMcFly; 12-20-2002 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:01 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
well, i'm back home from college, and back on 56k, so I wont be posting as much , but I'll do my best to keep everyone updated and answer any questions that arise.

i also, start work again, so hopefully i can start saving some money.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:15 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2009 Volvo V50 R Design
Engine: 2.0 turbo diesel
Transmission: 6 speed auto
Axle/Gears: yes, both
us poor gits over here dont have many options beside 56k, cable is almost non existant and broadband is v. expensive at £30 ($45) per month.

I'm sure someone is going to correct me on this though.........
Old 12-22-2002, 12:17 AM

broadband

hey man broadband cost more than that here. You guys have a bargain over there. lol
Old 12-22-2002, 04:45 AM
Supreme Member

we have to change phone service provider as well though...
Old 12-26-2002, 07:22 AM

Car: 82 Camaro Z28
Engine: LU5 - Crossfire 305
Transmission: 200c - 3 Speed Automatic
i miss my cable modem.. oh well, back to 56k..
Old 12-30-2002, 03:00 AM

Car: 91 RS Camaro
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73
Cable modem is cool!! Hey everyone. Up late tonight looking around can't sleep. Little about myself. I am 34, married, 2 kids, been in the military 12+ years. Served onboard fast attack submarines for 7 yrs. Now I am fixing C-130 airplanes for the Air Force for a living.

Sounds like a lot of you are in school now. I feel kinda old. That is cool though still feel like I am 18. I am going to try to make it to the nationals but I have a family to tow up there so no promises yet.

Imagine...2 car seats in a camaro:nono:

Last edited by iroczrockz; 12-30-2002 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by MartyMcFly
RIGHT ON!!!
Well, I'm from SW Michigan, will definately be at thirdgen nats, *** Willing. Even if I have to drive solo, which is looking more and more likely since i'm running out of people to ask. Funny, but no one wants to sit in a Camaro for 7.5 hours straight (Stopping for anything but gas is soooooo outta the question--gonna do it Cannonball Style). i'm almost 21, two months away, and, yep, it's killing me. I work in a bathtub factory. On third shift no less. It sux. Stay in school.
Been looking for (a) a way to blow my vacation time and (b) a good long road trip in the Z. Looks like we have a winner! Then later this summer, maybe a trip down Pacific Coast Highway. Always wanted to see that.
The car: it's not on this site yet since I'm not done yet., but here goes; 85 Z, dark red with silver gfx. originally LG4, now with Edelbrock cam, intake, carb, and true duals, yes i said true duals. by spring I hope to have everything installed i list in my sig, plus get my Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired into my fuse panel. Then I'm looking to replace my (bent) Ronal R1 rims with IROC hoops.
Well, that's everything I can think of off hand.
where are you from in SW michigan? I plan on driving to the nats. maybe we can craravan.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '88 Iroc, '91 RS, and a '70 RS
Engine: 5.7 TPI; 5.0 TBI; ZZ4/T56 on the ag
Transmission: A4, A4, slated to be a T56
Might as well chime in...

Name's Ed, 29 and holding. I'm a Nuclear Operator for Duke Energy in South Cackylacky. Originally from Arkansas. Was in the USN on nuclear submarines for 6 years...that sucked so I quit. Worked in Danbury, CT, for 2 years, then came to my senses (cold up there) and moved back down here. The (then) GF transferred to Charlotte at the same time and all is well. We're married (2 years) and expecting kid #1in late June so I'll probably be by myself for the weekend...more beer for me.

Wife Tara, 1988 Iroc, 1991 RS, 1993 Silverado Z71, 1996 Honda Accord (For Sale), shepherd/boxer mix named Jack.

It was 69 degrees here on Thursday, now it's 25....

C'mon summer!!

Ed
Old 01-12-2003, 08:18 AM

I'm Tony. Guess I'm the old man on the board at 48. Told that I look a lot younger, and most of my friends are in their 20's including my wife (she's 28). Former full time rock musician and long time 3rd gen f-body owner (I've had 3 - 88 iroc, 91 TA, and my current car 92 Z28) My other passions in life include animals, and collecting guitars.
Attached Thumbnails So, how is everyone??-picture-001-2-.jpg  
Old 01-19-2003, 11:51 AM
Supreme Member

hey mark,

how come youre never on NE3G any more?
Old 01-20-2003, 01:49 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Check The Sig
To everyone from the NJ area, check out the thead about our meeting.. .i wana have NJ in full effect down there y'all.... I wana try to have as many as we had going at Toms River last year... anyone from NJ that wana contact me please IM me at BigAls87Z28.... let me know if u are gunna go.. i wana know so we can have a good head count and also so i know who to contact when we have our several meets in our own state, good ol' jersey... Look out on the northeast board for a meet soon.. look around late feb. for more info... we will get stuff together...
Old 01-21-2003, 08:42 AM

Car: '88 GTA
Engine: L-98
Transmission: T-56
well lets see my wife quit her job so that totally killed car money for me till she stars workin again, my daughter just turned a year, im starting to prepare to get outta the army (14 months left) life is ok just wish i had some more money for my damn car lol. i think thats why i havent been posting lately... i get pizzed
ya know before i got married i used to drive everywhere in my car but my wife has an exterra that we travel as a family in so i havent really had to take my car anywhere in the past year..... so saturday night i had to take a trip about 140miles each way and i took my car and it made me realize how much i like traveling in my car its so much better then our exterra. i think it helped my car too (blew some of the crap out of her) it seems to be running better than before, i guess short trips to and from work do take a toll on a car?
well just my .2 cents thanks for reading take care and i hope to see you all at the meet!
Old 01-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Bright Red 91 GTA
Engine: CARBED LT4
Transmission: MK6
hey guys whats up...well i lived in mic till about 2 years ago then i moved to new york to be with my girl...stayed with her, got a few different jobs..i decided that if i was going to make anything for julie and i that i would have to move back to mi, stay with my parents and get enough money saved for a place for us...

so 2 weeks ago i decided to do that...i packed my ride and came back here (mi)...trip was good no problems..after i put about 70 miles on my car i went snowboarding with my buddy..it was a 50 mile drive and about 2 miles before the exit we get off i start hearing a real bad tapping noise...

i have a thread about this if anyone is intrested
https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=155751

i dont know if im going to be able to make it now ...i have a few prospects in the motor department couple 350's and a 383 but its all about the $$$ .....and im tight..ANYONE HAVE A RUNNING GARBAGE 305 FOR SALE? LOL someone has to lol

anyways...ill keep you guys posted if you want later
rob
Old 01-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Supreme Member

Somewhat good news

Well as some of you know, i have a really bad broken leg.

Went to the doctors yesterday, and got a little bit of good news. Only 5 months and 4 surgerys later, now i can put up to 50 pounds on my leg....And after five months on crutches, i forgot how to walk:lala:

I am happy to say that my car is almost ready to be sent to the paint shop....gonna pull the engine tonight
Old 01-28-2003, 07:00 PM

Car: '91 RS
Engine: LO3, For now...
Transmission: 700R4
Glad to hear you're doing a little better. I was just wondering the other day how you were getting along with that leg.
Sounds like you've been busy, Hell, I'm fine and I haven't accomplished a thing on my car. Maybe soon, if the weather warms up a little and my employer stops offering that pesky overtime.