OLD Third Gen Nationals OLD Third Gen Nationals

So, how is everyone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 82 Camaro Z28
Engine: LU5 - Crossfire 305
Transmission: 200c - 3 Speed Automatic
how did i miss this thread?? i donno.. anyways.. im mike, 22, i think im the only person dumb enough to want to drive 3000 miles to goto a car show.. oh well.. there really isnt anything desent like that on the west coast (from what ive seen or heard anyways)..

umm let me see, i quit my job bout a month ago.. my stupid boss didnt want to pay me so i quit.. its ok tho.. everyday he doesnt pay me he has to pay for a 8hr work day (im makin money sittin on my a$$)..
Old 11-30-2002, 02:39 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 astro
Engine: 4.3
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 7.5 with 3.42 gears
ehh, it's alright.

still waiting to hear back about a job.

broke down and filed for unemployment today. it's finally beginning to hit me that there is dick for jobs around here. just have to dig a little deeper, i presume.

just sort of a major letdown, especially with the holidays right around the corner.
Old 11-30-2002, 02:41 AM

broke down and filed for unemployment today. it's finally beginning to hit me that there is dick for jobs around here. just have to dig a little deeper, i presume.
at least ur not from the unemployment capital of the us, unfortently i am.. but im not too worried bout it.. hehe
Old 11-30-2002, 02:47 AM

oooohhhh man,

Mark the moderator,

I guess....... he spends enough time on here might as well. Congrats Mark. Mark I am curious to know, how do you do all that studying and manage to be on-line all the time. You are in college right? Are you a communications major? Oh and which forum are you moderator of again?
Old 11-30-2002, 11:41 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2009 Volvo V50 R Design
Engine: 2.0 turbo diesel
Transmission: 6 speed auto
Axle/Gears: yes, both
Originally posted by pskel350
i am pretty good, i have a hell of a crushed leg right now, have had for over two months. i have already had three surgeries on it, and have a fourth december 2nd. but i hope i can start working on my car in feburary, i will still be in a wheel chair mostly, and i plan to redue the whole body and paint, interior, and the whole driveline again, and be ready to go to the Thirdgen Nationals in June. Wish me luck for Dec. 2nd, gonna need a lot
Were all behind you dude.

Im Phil Harrison, 24 (old git, eh?) from Bedford, England.

I work for a motorsport facility in Bedford, i am moving to the go-kart dept this week, and will be running it in the spring. My ambition is to be a journalist (motor press of course) so i intend to go to college in september 2003 to do an A - level in English. (I used to be quite good at it, but 5 years as an engineer turned my brain to mush!)

Weather here is crap, as you would expect. there's a lot of fog hanging round this week, and its raining at the moment. its about 5*c!

Just for Biker, here is a piccie of my r1ce bike,(wow didn't know you can't use that word) I resurected it from the dead, it was a total wreck when i got it.

It's a Yamaha DT125LC, I needed something to do, so I re built it from a pile of parts last winter.
Attached Thumbnails So, how is everyone??-smalldt.jpg  

Last edited by philoldsmobile; 11-30-2002 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: '92 Rally Sport
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Oh man, that sux about your leg pskel350. I hope you are all better by the nats! I keep waiting for my car to do something like that to me, I guess she hasn't figured out that I have a new girlfriend yet

Well guys/gals, I'm a seinor political science major at VA Tech and I'll be graduating on Dec. 21st (fingers crossed). As for work... I've been driving the transit buses around here for the past 2.5 years and last summer I was a grease monkey at the local Lube Time. I think they call it that cause you really should lube up before you go in to work every day it was 7.25 an hour, 10 hour days, no breaks!!! I come from a long line of motorheads. My dad built some awesome cars in the '70s and my Grandfather was in a motorcycle gang! BikerTrashDude, I'll have to see if I can get you some pics though, I think he was recently pictured in a harley mag with a bike like his old one.

As for my car... right now I'm working on making the 10-bolt as strong as possible. I'm rebuilding the entire rear with 3.23s, posi, crush sleeve eliminator, LCA relocators, support cover, welding around the axle tubes, and axle tube braces. I will also have positive axle retention when I do the Baer 4 disc swap (but that will be a while). Anyhow, I want this rear to be able to handle 400-500 hp and ft/lbs because I have a motor swap planned for the end of next summer (sorry yall, it won't be in for the nats)
Old 12-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Supreme Member

hey all.
to the guy that is driving all the way from cali.
damm, that is third gen dedication!!!! I guess you'll get the longest driven award. that is also a shout out to anyone that thinks this is too far for them to drive. maybe some people would like to open their doors for this guy on his long trip, It would save alot of money when it comes to hotels and showers......

to the guy from england...
hey it's two wheels right? that is all that matters (of course I would give you hell if you were riding a honda CBR or something) I myself don't want to ever go off road on a dirt bike, I keep picturing myself wraped around a tree!!!!

and to the other guy with the grampa in the biker club....that is cool stuff!
my buddys father was the pres. in a big club in the detroit area, (many moonds agao) and I have ridden with a few of the "trouble makers" a few years ago, don't do that anymore. (you rethink your friends when half of them are going off to jail....)
later to all
biker
Old 12-01-2002, 07:07 PM

to the guy that is driving all the way from cali.
damm, that is third gen dedication!!!! I guess you'll get the longest driven award. that is also a shout out to anyone that thinks this is too far for them to drive. maybe some people would like to open their doors for this guy on his long trip, It would save alot of money when it comes to hotels and showers......
well this wont be my first x-crountry drive.. when i was goin to school at Norwich, in Northfield, Vt, i drove to school and back (was cheaper than a plane ticket if i slept in the car) and it was in a f-body (96 camaro).. ppl in vt thought i was stupid driving a camaro there in the winter
Old 12-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 99 Formula
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 342
Re: oooohhhh man,

Originally posted by radiateu2
Mark the moderator,

I guess....... he spends enough time on here might as well. Congrats Mark. Mark I am curious to know, how do you do all that studying and manage to be on-line all the time. You are in college right? Are you a communications major? Oh and which forum are you moderator of again?

I'm an accounting major, only taking 13 cr this semester and no job. When doing my work, most is on the computer, so I'm online all the time with T1.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Re: oooohhhh man,

Originally posted by Mark A Shields
I'm an accounting major, only taking 13 cr this semester and no job. When doing my work, most is on the computer, so I'm online all the time with T1.
Accounting......

I'm in Financial Accounting Honors and I HATE IT, how can you go through all that un-necessary stuff...

record in general journal, write account numbers, debit & credit, recording errors, petty cash, owner's equity.....oh jeezzz i'm getting a headache already........

any word on a date yet?....when do you find out?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:45 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Re: Re: oooohhhh man,

Originally posted by FLYNLOW92rs
Accounting......

I'm in Financial Accounting Honors and I HATE IT, how can you go through all that un-necessary stuff...

record in general journal, write account numbers, debit & credit, recording errors, petty cash, owner's equity.....oh jeezzz i'm getting a headache already........

any word on a date yet?....when do you find out?
honestly, i cant' stand it, i better get rich off it.

no date yet, callin some places tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:29 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Bird_of_Prey
enough rambling for now.. i must check up on my 'other things' online.

Eric Fillion
Hmmm, I knew a Fillion from Manitoba.....

He was in my SLC '98 Flight with me in Air Cadets. Daniel Fillion his name was.
Is he a relative of yours? Is Fillion a common name?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:04 PM
Supreme Member

can't realy complain about my job, I spent 8 hours today bouncing round a track in a Caterham 7 superlight, encoraging corprate guests to go fast, while simultaniously yelling power power power, BRAKE! (the joys of hi-performance instruction!) The downer is that I have to clean the cars tomorow, that we made dirty today!

On the downside, i beat up my shoulders pretty bad doing it!

Bikertrash, the great thing about riding off road in the UK is it is so cold, that after an hour your numb from the neck down, so crashes don't hurt too much.

An added bonus to this is that i am always numb from the neck up, so i have total immunity from pain in winter

Anyone in the UK (preferably in the london / midlands area) I am looking for a CHEAP single bike trailer. i'm fed up with using my mates F150 every time i want to go off roading.

Last edited by philoldsmobile; 12-02-2002 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:38 PM

Ok...I'm probably not goin to the Nats this year unless I can find another camaro by then, but I'm holdin' out hope for '04. Anyway,I'm 18, My name is Tim. I just moved to Las Vegas from Northern cali. I don't have a job yet. I'm not in school yet. I pretty much just sit on my *** all day and play guitar. I've loved Camaros, well mainly just third and first gens, since I was a little kid. My dads friendhad a 89 z and since then I've always wanted one. I bought an '88 RS for $500 bucks back when I was 16, and just sold it. I didn't want to waste any more money on it, I put about another grand into and it was runnin good, but It needed too much body/interior work, so I sold it to my brother. Now I am looking for a new car. pref a z, anyway thats my story, and I'm stickin to it. Hope to meet you guys all in '04.

Tim:rockon:
Old 12-02-2002, 06:45 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by scrawnywhiteguy
Hope to meet you guys all in '04.

Man, I can't wait for '03, I can't imagine having to wait till '04.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:37 PM
Supreme Member

I gotta post this real quick.
Attached Thumbnails So, how is everyone??-up-couples-00005.jpg  
Old 12-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Supreme Member

I was wondering can you ban yourself Mark?
Old 12-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by FLYNLOW92rs
I was wondering can you ban yourself Mark?
i dont' wanna try, lol

i don't see an option to ban anyone
Old 12-02-2002, 10:25 PM

I gotta post this real quick.
Mark, I really don't think you should be postin pics of yourself... esp. if you're on uglypeople.com
Old 12-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 1MEAN92RS
Mark, I really don't think you should be postin pics of yourself... esp. if you're on uglypeople.com

funny , jackhole
Old 12-02-2002, 10:54 PM

LOL! :lala: :lala: :lala:
Old 12-02-2002, 11:44 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to give a shout hello to everyone, seemed like the right place to do so. I am new to post, but have been reading the boards for months now...just now getting up the nerves to say hi. =)

I have a 85 trans am, 305, have the 350 coming my way to drop in her though. thinking about placing a five speed in her as well.
you guys seem like a great bunch to chat about cars with, I hope so. Not many ladies can understand my passion for my car. or alot of the men I know. I am hoping to go to the nats, a talk with a few of you in person, and drool over some of the ladies...can't tell you how many of the pics that have been posted just makes me want to cry..so lovely.

oh and BikertrashDude nice bike, i have a 1500 vulcan..almost as great to ride as my trans am. =)
Old 12-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by makayla
Hey guys, just wanted to give a shout hello to everyone, seemed like the right place to do so. I am new to post, but have been reading the boards for months now...just now getting up the nerves to say hi. =)

Welcome, please reply to my roll call post too.

What state ya from?
Old 12-03-2002, 12:21 AM

Welcome, please reply to my roll call post too.

What state ya from?

I'll be coming in from Ky. Don't see many thirdgens around here, a few nice ones, but not many.

I am SO looking forward to seeing so many in one place, someone will have to pinch me so I know I am not dreaming.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:47 PM

Man, I can't wait for '03, I can't imagine having to wait till '04.
Yeah, I know, sucks huh? I was planning on going in '03, but it was gonna take too much work and money to get the RS running well enough. But hey, that's life.

Old 12-03-2002, 09:22 PM
Supreme Member

well i just got home from surgery today, and i hurt like a ****. i cant even sit up, gotta sit on my *** for a few weeks again. I HATE DOCTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 02:28 AM

well i just got home from surgery today, and i hurt like a ****. i cant even sit up, gotta sit on my *** for a few weeks again. I HATE DOCTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope u get to felling better soon.. i know the feeling..

there is a huge chance ill get to be working at a local ski resort for the winter .. free lift ticket and get to see all the beautiful cali ladies and get paid while doin it!! of course this means i wont be able to get online .. ill find out for sure tommorrow, hopefully..
Old 12-04-2002, 07:35 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by makayla

oh and BikertrashDude nice bike, i have a 1500 vulcan..almost as great to ride as my trans am. =)
thanks
Old 12-04-2002, 07:50 PM

Car: '91 RS
Engine: LO3, For now...
pskel350,
Good luck on your recovery. I've been fortunate, never really been laid up like that, helped a few people who were though, it's tough. Hang in there man, hope to see you there in June.

Biker,
I've been admiring your bike since I saw the pic. I'd like to think I can afford one soon, but food and shelter seem so important. D@mnit!

Can't tell you guys/gals how much I'm looking forward to this. Big road trip, chance to BS with a bunch of motorheads, hopefully make a few passes on the strip. I wanna go NOW!
Old 12-04-2002, 07:52 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by LastViceRS

Can't tell you guys/gals how much I'm looking forward to this. Big road trip, chance to BS with a bunch of motorheads, hopefully make a few passes on the strip. I wanna go NOW!
I hear ya on that one, but with it bein butt cold out, and snow comin tonite, I doubt our cars would make it far.

Not too mentino I still have to put my heads on
Old 12-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2000 astro
Engine: 4.3
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 7.5 with 3.42 gears
pskel:

get well soon bud. we wanna see you there.

i'm glad to announce that i won't be having an unemployment christmas this year. i start my customer service training at mci worldcom on monday. i'm excited, and it's gonna feel great to be working again
Old 12-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by robertg
pskel:

get well soon bud. we wanna see you there.

i'm glad to announce that i won't be having an unemployment christmas this year. i start my customer service training at mci worldcom on monday. i'm excited, and it's gonna feel great to be working again

congrats man.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:38 AM

well it's now 4:30 am here in DE, and i'm off to catch a plane.
Bahamas, here I come. i'm down there for 4 days and return on Sunday. But I sure am gonna miss my baby...I'm talkin about my car.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Supreme Member

I know how you feel, i broke my ankel pretty bad when I was 16. When the consultant started telling me what bolts, screws, pins etc, he wanted to put in, and then started showing me them in a large catalogue, i took the chicken's way out and had a cast on my leg for nearly two months. wish i had the surgery now, coz my ankel still isn't quite right. (eight years on)

Take it easy peskel, you'll get there.

Saw on the news tonight that you guys had snow storms all over the east coast. we have loads of frost forecast but no snow as yet.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:56 PM

ok, my turn

My name's pat, i'm 18, i go to Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ. I'm a mech engineering major, and next year i'll be at rutgers (i really don't like it here).

i've had my car for about 13 months now, and i looove it. i actually always wanted a camaro since my cousin had one back in the day, and i would search for them online since i was like 14. but then when it came time to actually look for a car, i started looking for a 3000gt, then a (i know i know) rustang, and finally a ford probe. i really wanted like a 93+ black probe gt with a 5 speed. i actually found one, and i was talking to the guy online and when he found out i was 16, he told me that i shouldn't get the car because it's too powerful (ha, so i got a 350). after that fell through, i started looking for a black 4th gen, v6, t tops, 5 speed - and i found one, but by the time i convinced my parents to go look at it, it was sold. then my dad told guys at work to look for cars in the paper, and that's how i found my car. it was the exact opposite of what i wanted - auto, v8, no t tops. but as soon as i saw it i knew i was getting it. i got really lucky that i stumbled onto a 350 tpi, because before i found this site, i didn't know ANYTHING about camaros. i'd still say i don't know anything, but that's just me being modest.

so i'm here in hoboken, it snowed like 6 or 7 inches here today, and i'm having a really really bad day, but i'll be going home tomorrow, finals are in two weeks, and then it's time for winter break. and robertg, i hear you about not having any money. i currently don't have a job, and i need to buy christmas presents for people, train tickets home, gas (which is now about 20 bucks to fill up the tank, it used to be like 13), etc... but hopefully during the spring semester i'll get a small job to pay for stuff like that, and over the summer my girlfriend's mom is hooking me up with a 12.50/hour internship. so good luck with finding a job, i know what it's like without one.

sorry about the really long post, it just feels really good to type, even if nobody reads it i don't really care.

i'm really psyched about the nationals, i can't wait to see all the beautiful thirdgens!!
Old 12-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Supreme Member

I want to Thank everyone for their best wishes. I havnt really told you guys to much about the accident, but it is very serious. It happened on Labor Day. I crushed both of my bones in my leg, really bad. The night it happened I went into surgery for 4 hours, and somehow they saved my leg, which no one thought they would. Then I had another surgery 3 days later, just to clean up the skin tissue. I was missing so much tissue were the broken bones came out of my leg, that they cut a muscle out of my stomach and transplanted it onto my leg.

Now it is 3 months later, and just had my fourth surgery, and I might have to have a few more. This surgery they took a bone graph out of my hip, and put it in my leg where I am still missing about 2 inches of bone. I have a big rod in my leg from my knee to my ankle. Then on the small bone I have a plate, in total I have 14 screws in my leg to hold it all together. All this and I am only 18 years old, luckily the docs think I should be able to walk by next fall. Not to bad since I almost bled to death and almost lost my leg.

Thank You everyone for the kind thoughts!!!
I hope that I will be able to get my car done(while in the wheel chair) for Third Gen nats!!

Oh yeah, the snow really sucks when you are on crutches, but awesome in the cars
Old 12-10-2002, 07:09 AM

i just took my camaro out for its last ride until spring on sunday. it was sunny and almost 50 degrees out. this is the first time i've driven a sports car all summer and then had to put it away for winter and drive some stupid four cylinder grandpa car. i had gone 3 weeks without driving her until sunday and that was depressing. i can't imagine how it's gonna feel by february.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:27 PM

I hear ya, 91BlkRS, I put my RS away the day after Thansgiving, so now I'm driving my slowly disintegrating 84 F-150 4x4. I miss my car, but this may give me the opportunity to correct some things. I just hope spring comes early.

Last edited by LastViceRS; 12-10-2002 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:49 PM

i don't think winter is going to last long here this year. we still haven't gotten any snow that's stayed on the ground for more than a week. but it's still freezing outside, like single digits.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:11 PM

Yeah, sounds like what we've had here. The snow is melting and the temps have been nearing *40. I almost got my car out, but there's still salt on the roads.:nono:
Old 12-10-2002, 06:19 PM

yea, i had to wash her again after i got home sunday. i went out sunday morning to my g/f's house and the roads didn't look like they had salt on them except on the very edge, but little did i know that the roads were just wet. oh well, i don't mind washing the 'maro.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Supreme Member

Salt hangs around here until about april

I'ts cold as hell here as well, yesterday it was -1.5c at 1pm, with wind chill factor (i work at a racetrack built on an airfield) it was a chilly -14c

(I was outside ALL day as well, 8am - 6:30 pm)
Old 12-12-2002, 02:42 PM

Car: Formula
Engine: 400 sbc
Transmission: 700r4
Originally posted by NTChrist
Hmmm, I knew a Fillion from Manitoba.....

He was in my SLC '98 Flight with me in Air Cadets. Daniel Fillion his name was.
Is he a relative of yours? Is Fillion a common name?
should of checked this post out sooner..
daniel fillion..
i do have a cousin that goes by that name and i don't see him much (like once every 2 years).. but him being in the air cadets would make sense..................
and no, fillion is not a common name.. well.. not in manitoba (don't know about other places tho)..
Old 12-12-2002, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by Bird_of_Prey
should of checked this post out sooner..
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 01:36 AM

well, i just found out today, i wont be working at sierra summit after all this winter.. was susposte to goto training and couldnt find a ride up there, so i quit.. oh well, now i get to keep in touch w/ things on here tho..

anyone know where an ex draftsman/mechanic/network admin can find a job?
Old 12-17-2002, 04:58 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 1MEAN92RS
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 07:15 AM

Originally posted by NTChrist
hehe, Bird of Prey's avatar is of the Tick, a satuday morning cartoon show I used to watch faithfully every weekend. The Tick's battle cry was SPOON! Damn I miss good cartoons.

P.S. and yeah, my avatar is the Thundercat's logo
Old 12-17-2002, 01:40 PM
Supreme Member

funny you should mention thundercats, one of my many nicknames at work is shnarrff!
Old 12-19-2002, 04:38 PM

Hey guys, Im Rob. Right now im working in Qatar (next to Saudi). Gonna try and make it this summer, but it could be a vacation issue. Right now the cars are stored, but ive got 11 months out of the year over here to buy stuff and wait to put em in.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Dirty Rob
Hey guys, Im Rob. Right now im working in Qatar (next to Saudi). Gonna try and make it this summer, but it could be a vacation issue. Right now the cars are stored, but ive got 11 months out of the year over here to buy stuff and wait to put em in.
What kinda cars you got?

and what are you doing over there, I'm guessing you are in the army/navy etc....