Northern California Discussion board for Northern and Central California.

Pinks 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: Killer SBC, w/ RV cam
Transmission: AutoMatic, w/ shift kit
Axle/Gears: Posi-Traction
Pinks 2010

Tickets go on sale this Friday 11-13-09 @ 8am. Call Infineon Raceway, press the "tickets" prompt, and its $60 per participant. You never know what field they will chose....
Old 11-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Pinks 2010

I'm in.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 PM

Car: '82 Camaro
Engine: 383
Transmission: TKO 5 speed
Axle/Gears: 31 spline 9" with 4.56:1

If the show would get rid of Rich and the stupid arm drop thing it would be a lot better!!!! Make 3 passes, then maybe your group will get chosen to race for the bucks???? Think I'll stick with NHRA and IHRA.... I can pay my entry fee and know that I have a shot at winning some money. Being subject to the whims of a promoter able to change rules and make exceptions as he chooses is not a lot of fun.... Not even worth watching the show anymore, unless maybe he's gonna dump another bike or something!!!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by radical82
If the show would get rid of Rich and the stupid arm drop thing it would be a lot better!!!! Make 3 passes, then maybe your group will get chosen to race for the bucks???? Think I'll stick with NHRA and IHRA.... I can pay my entry fee and know that I have a shot at winning some money. Being subject to the whims of a promoter able to change rules and make exceptions as he chooses is not a lot of fun.... Not even worth watching the show anymore, unless maybe he's gonna dump another bike or something!!!!!
If they got rid of Rich & the arm drop, it would be called NHRA.
I've never done "arm drop" racing, & I think its more "Hollywood" than real drag racing, but what the hell.
I was a spectator last year & had a good time considering I didnt have my car , so this time I do, so see you on the Telly.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 3rdBird
If they got rid of Rich & the arm drop, it would be called NHRA.
I've never done "arm drop" racing, & I think its more "Hollywood" than real drag racing, but what the hell.
I was a spectator last year & had a good time considering I didnt have my car , so this time I do, so see you on the Telly.

No, if it had real rules it would then be like NHRA!!!!!! It's just all show....arm drop never was a part of drag racing other then a bit of Saturday night action on the streets... Drag racing had a flagman when it started, not some dummy standing on a wall between the lanes....

I love heads up racing!!!! but not when it's turned into some kind of dog and pony show with a bit of pretend drama thrown in to up the ratings.....
Old 11-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Supreme Member

It's Pinks All Out, not a points series.

I agree, its just a "show". Regardless of how "dog & pony" it may be, the show has made drag racing more popular. The show brings people and cars together, kinda like a car show with drag racing thrown in.

NHRA has its own drama with Tony Pendregon & John Force mixing it up because John threw the race so Robert Hight can get into the points chase.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 3rdBird
It's Pinks All Out, not a points series.

I agree, its just a "show". Regardless of how "dog & pony" it may be, the show has made drag racing more popular. The show brings people and cars together, kinda like a car show with drag racing thrown in.

NHRA has its own drama with Tony Pendregon & John Force mixing it up because John threw the race so Robert Hight can get into the points chase.
Betcha you wouldn't want to walk right up to John and tell him he threw the race....BTW, Hight is now the Funny Car champion for '09....Don't think he needs anybody throwing anything for him, does most of it on his own.

Anyway, think I'll stick to sanctioned drag racing.... Going out and running the snot out of my car, then sitting back HOPING to get selected for the group that actually gets to run for some bucks just doesn't cut it for me..... I'm sure it's a good spectator sport, just not my cup of tea.... When I want to run heads up, run what ya brung stuff I just go to the track on Saturday night and do the grudge race deal. Have a blast doing that!!!! Even rumored that there's occasionally a side bet or two!!!!!!

Pinks is a neat deal, if they would get rid of Rich and put somebody in charge of the show that actually knows something about drag racing it would be much, much better!!!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Supreme Member

Betcha you wouldn't want to walk right up to John and tell him he threw the race....BTW, Hight is now the Funny Car champion for '09....Don't think he needs anybody throwing anything for him, does most of it on his own.

Pinks is a neat deal, if they would get rid of Rich and put somebody in charge of the show that actually knows something about drag racing it would be much, much better!!!!!
Yea, I just found out about Roberts Championship. I've never met him but, he's an old bracket racer from Sacramento. If John didnt do what he did, Robert wouldn't have even been in the points.

Pinks is.. what it is. It could be better, and it could be worse, take it or leave it.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:56 PM

Everybody ASSUMES John gave him the round.... Watch the tape... Force was dead late, shook the tires instantly and the car made a right turn!!!!! I guess it is "obvious" to all the armchair experts that Force let him win.... John sez he didn't. In drag racing, anything can happen and often does, that's why they race on the track and not just on paper. Even if he did, you can't take a thing away from Robert Hight... He started out at the bottom of the chase and did everything he had to do.... Heck, go catch John at Pomona in February and tell him he gave the round to Robert....and even if he did, big deal!!!! 4 team cars all with some of the same sponsors.... Who wouldn't have backed off to get another team car in the chase????? John's a businessman and one more car in the chase is good for sponsors and for business. Oh btw, the Whiner Brothers (Pedregon's) both went out first round today at Pomona....
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Supreme Member

4 team cars all with some of the same sponsors.... Who wouldn't have backed off to get another team car in the chase?????
Thats my point, no one except for John can prove anything. If you're a JF fan, then he did nothing wrong.

Tony P even said when he was racing under Force that John told him to lose the race between him & john becaue he had a bigger points lead, & that why there was the altercation between John & Tony, cause Tony called him out on it.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 AM

Tony P is such a whiner!!!! Like I said, even if John did do it, he did it for the betterment of the team, not himself.... I'd also guarntee you that it would not be the only case of team orders in NHRA, and I'd further guarantee you that NHRA is not the only place that such things could happen!!!! Racing is a huge business that revolves around the mighty dollar!!!! Regardless of what some may see as unsportsmanlike or other such bs, the business end of racing, ie the money, will take precedence over what the fans percieve as "fair racing".... As for the Pedregons making an issue out of it, one would have to wonder just how much of their motivation to bad mouth Force was just plain old jealousy?????? Perhaps Cruz and Tony have made it to the point where just because their Dad was Frank Pedregon it's not going to carry them any further???? We all wish decisions like that didn't have to be made in drag racing, but a hard look at reality will show that it's just the way life is!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Supreme Member

[quote=radical82;4346031 Like I said, even if John did do it, he did it for the betterment of the team, not himself.... I'd also guarntee you that it would not be the only case of team orders in NHRA, and I'd further guarantee you that NHRA is not the only place that such things could happen!!!! Racing is a huge business that revolves around the mighty dollar!!!! Regardless of what some may see as unsportsmanlike or other such bs, the business end of racing, ie the money, will take precedence over what the fans percieve as "fair racing".... As for the Pedregons making an issue out of it, one would have to wonder just how much of their motivation to bad mouth Force was just plain old jealousy?????? Perhaps Cruz and Tony have made it to the point where just because their Dad was Frank Pedregon it's not going to carry them any further???? We all wish decisions like that didn't have to be made in drag racing, but a hard look at reality will show that it's just the way life is!!!![/quote]

I agree w/ John & whatever happened, I would do anything to make things favorable for me, especially if it was "my business"
As far as the Pedregons, Just like all of the "Force Family" they had to get their start somewhere. Remember Cruz Pedregon won the Funny car title last year, & he did that on his own. His brother, Tony took him out the year before, and Tony had nothing to gain from doing so. Thats Racing! Not business.