North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

"88 No Info"

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"88 No Info"

Hey Rob,
On the second page of the Camaro's at Carlisle 2001 show theres an 88 listed with no info. Well I can give you some info on that car. Thats my friend Kevin's car. Its an 88 Iroc, 305 TBI 5 speed which I'm sure you saw. He bought it from the original owner and as of right now it has around 42,000 miles on it. If you want any more info let me know.

Brett

What the heck am I doing, this was supposed to be a reply to the thread "Camaros at Carlisle". Geez I need some sleep.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:36 AM

Location: Perhaps there is no happiness in life so perfect as to owning a camaro!
Car: 92 Anniv Ed
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 5 speed
Thanks Brett, the change has been made. But...how is it an IROC with a TBI? Email me his last name...
Old 02-24-2002, 10:36 AM

His last name is Sheriff. As far as the TBI goes, it's my understanding that starting in 88 the TBI was standard in the Iroc and optional on the sport coupes. Basically it is a base Iroc with all the options except a TPI engine, hense the 15 inch wheels. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I interpret what the white book says. Thanks for making the change I'll have to tell him his car is on there.

Brett
Old 02-24-2002, 01:33 PM

Location: Perhaps there is no happiness in life so perfect as to owning a camaro!
Car: 92 Anniv Ed
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 5 speed
Originally posted by Brett Gutshall
His last name is Sheriff. As far as the TBI goes, it's my understanding that starting in 88 the TBI was standard in the Iroc and optional on the sport coupes. Basically it is a base Iroc with all the options except a TPI engine, hense the 15 inch wheels. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I interpret what the white book says. Thanks for making the change I'll have to tell him his car is on there.

Brett
Looks like your right about the engine as I read the same. The carb for 87 was replaced with fuel injection in 88 with the LO3 as the base engine.