North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

Any one in the CNY area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: VR6 jetta for commuting
Engine: VR6
Transmission: 5spd ZF lsd
Axle/Gears: ?
Any one in the CNY area?

does anyone do any thirdgen stuff in the cny area? I live just north of syracuse, Im too lazy to drive to lebanon valley for events and everything around here is focused on ricers or bikes.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Camaro Iroc-z
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: t5
Re: Any one in the CNY area?

have you gone to esta? or is that what is *****/bike oriented? im in morrisville new york, like 45 min east of syracuse. my car is at home though, and not finished, but thought id recommend esta. not the best track in the world but its a track
Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 PM
On Probation

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 84 Z-28
Engine: 305 HO
Transmission: r-700
Axle/Gears: 3:73

Syracuse area here!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:14 PM

Car: VR6 jetta for commuting
Engine: VR6
Transmission: 5spd ZF lsd
Axle/Gears: ?

yah ive been to esta a few times as a spectator, i may run my car there this summer although i dont expect it to be fast. i know right were morrisville is i have family by the unadilla mx track
Old 04-24-2009, 07:15 AM

Car: '00 Regal GS/'87 T.A WS-6
Engine: stock 3800 series II/stock 5L TPI
Transmission: fwd auto/stock 700r4
Axle/Gears: wrong wheel drive/3.23:1 Posi

North Syracuse/Cicero here

My grandparents live near ESTA. Its been around a long time. Theres a good mix of the serious bracket bombers, a 'lot' of rail cars and a few 8sec doorslammers. The parking lot is a POS if it rains...theres no real drainage; so if its wet on fri saturday, you may want to think twice about parking a lowered car with wide DRs in the grass lot.

My dad has a 55 chevy hot rod (327/4spd) and he goes to a different cruise spot almost every night. Heres a link to all the recurring ones. A really good group of people, lots of different cars.

http://www.cnymopar.com/AreaCruiseIns.htm

Yeah yeah its a mopig site; but it has a list of the weekly cruise-ins in the area.

Some notes:

The Hoffmans Hot Haus in mattyhole used to be the best one about 8yrs ago. Last I saw it was about 6 rat rodders, but who knows now.

There WAS a cruise night in Liverpool in Washington Park by Heids Hotdogs. Dr Shine organized it. I wonder if its still going. I'll ask my pops because it was in the grass park, which was nice and its quiet in there.

The Sylvan Beach one is AWESOME. Its in the grassy park on the barge canal (the river, not the lake and beach) The nearest restaurant is The Canal View Cafe and Yesterdays Royal. The amusement park is open; theres a LOT of cool cars from Rome/Utica and Yesterdays Royal has some AWESOME food and icecream.

Sweet Inspirations in Fulton is probably my second fav (to Sylvan Beach 3rd being wegmans or regional market) Sweets has great diner food, LOTS of parking, a bowling alley next door and the show usually takes up both sides of the street and the cops are largely non existent.

The wegmans show (rt 11 in cicero by home depot) you have to pay a couple dollars to get in because they have an off-duty cop handy in case someones car gets tboned in the store parkinglot. Its usually on the grass (at the road frontage) they have a drawing and give away most of the money and some free eats, theres a hotdog vendor and a pretty decent newer car turn-out.

The twin ice rinks (cicero commons - rt 11 where the library is) was pretty small since last year was its first year. Its a really nice place, on the grass and you used to get a free hotdog or hamburger and soda.

Regional Mkt is pretty cool (its by the baseball stadium and the train station). The regional market people usually turn out a few vendors and most of the food guys are open as well. They often have a live band (60s and 70s music) and they get a fair amount of newer cars.

One not mentioned is Weekends at the Midway Drive In (outside fulton), usually has some cool cars and cheap movies ($6 a person I think and triple features every night its open. BYOB and BYO food if you want, but they have a pretty stocked snack stand (hotdogs, sausages, pretzels, popcorn, coffee, soda).

None of these get a lot of ricers or a-holes (never mind the stang clowns...they cant help that they picked the wrong pony car).

Lets meet up somewhere. I don't have my 1987 TA WS6 on the road yet; but I cruise with my dad in the 55 chevy. Theres a few 3rd genners. A lot more of the 5-oh stang clowns show up than us though, so lets change that.

Nate
PS Im almost ALWAYS at the wegmans show and the regional market

~Nate
Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 PM
On Probation

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 84 Z-28
Engine: 305 HO
Transmission: r-700
Axle/Gears: 3:73

NATE........Got your e-mail.