North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

Sat, March 3 - Englishtown, NJ - Street Wars

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 Camaro Evoluzione Rebody
Engine: 350
Transmission: wc t5 swap completed!
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt
Sat, March 3 - Englishtown, NJ - Street Wars

Anybody going to this? Its going to be imports vs. domestics. I think there are 5 classes, and the winner of each class gets $400. Runner up is $200 (i think), and semi-finalists get $50.

I've been to a couple of these in the past, and they were always really fun. I'm not sure how the turnout will be since its so early in the season, but I haven't ever been dissapointed before.

If you haven't raced before, its really fun and really easy, you just need a helmet. Also, if you have a non-stock power adder (turbo, supercharger, or nitrous), you need a fire-retardant jacket. Of course there are other rules, but those two are important so that you don't get turned away at the gate.

Quick summary:
Where: Raceway Park, Englishtown NJ
When: Saturday March 3
Time: Gates open at 9 am, usually only the first 500 can race
Cost: I'm almost positive that its $30 to race, $15 to watch (and less for kids)

Also, the track opens on Feb 24 for time trials, but if it isn't warm enough, it won't be open. Since I'm bringing a kit car, I'll probably try to go this Saturday to get teched, so that I definitely don't get turned away on the 3rd.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 05' GTO
Engine: 6.0L
Transmission: A4
yup ill be there again this yr with my 05 gto. hopefully i can take first in my class this yr. can in second last yr.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:38 PM

Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
yah I'll be goign there on ont he 3rd too, I already knew about the helmet though, but do you know what else we'll be looked over on the car to pass? my battery doesn't have a hold down, so I'm sure i'm going to need to get my hands on one, but besides the muffler do you know what else?
Thanks john
Old 02-26-2007, 02:54 PM

I'm in the same boat- I'm not positive on what is checked. I know that a driveshaft safety loop in required after a certian e.t., but I don't know what the cutoff is.

I raced almost every weekend for 2 years when I had my 1998 firebird , but since it was a new-ish car, I never even worried about other requirments.

I need a battery hold down as well, although I'll probably just make one from home depot.

My biggest fear is that I'd get all pumped up for the event and get turned away at tech inspection for something dumb that I could have prepared for beforehand.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Supreme Member

ill be there, woulda forgot all about the firejacket though,better get up and order one from summit
Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 AM

Crap, I hope it doesn't rain. The forecast isn't looking hopeful.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Wow, I knew my car was slow, but dayum!!! I have a carbed 350, and I ran a friggen 18!!

My car won't go over 3K, and if it does occaisionally, it sputters pretty bad. Somebody at the track helped me adjust my transmission- I'm not sure if they are a board member or not, but it was great help. My car runs better now- probably would have been a 16-17 second run, but since I was bracket racing, I dialed in high and planned on hitting the brakes. Unfortunately, I didn't hit them soon enough.

For anybody who was there, my car was the one that looked like a ferrari/lambo that needed serious body work, haha.

All in all, I'm glad I went. Now I have a baseline to start tuning this thing (although its the worst baseline in the world!). Also, found out my car weighs 3500 lbs with me in it, which is much higher than I expected.

Oh well! Chime in if you were there!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Riles
Wow, I knew my car was slow, but dayum!!! I have a carbed 350, and I ran a friggen 18!!

My car won't go over 3K, and if it does occaisionally, it sputters pretty bad. Somebody at the track helped me adjust my transmission- I'm not sure if they are a board member or not, but it was great help. My car runs better now- probably would have been a 16-17 second run, but since I was bracket racing, I dialed in high and planned on hitting the brakes. Unfortunately, I didn't hit them soon enough.

For anybody who was there, my car was the one that looked like a ferrari/lambo that needed serious body work, haha.

All in all, I'm glad I went. Now I have a baseline to start tuning this thing (although its the worst baseline in the world!). Also, found out my car weighs 3500 lbs with me in it, which is much higher than I expected.

good to hear that someone gave you hand a track,goodluck with it,it looks real nice.

Last edited by jcisthechamp05; 03-06-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Riles

hey man me and my buddie were there,we helped ya with the trans cable,did the car shift any better after that?if not u deff need to get the correct throttle bracket for that carb.that locked out distributor in the motor is also killing u,u need to go get a stock gm hei with vacum advance distributor and put it in there.

but anyways ur car is sick looking,deff gonna be hella nice once u get everything strightened out and setup right
Old 03-04-2007, 05:31 PM

Dave, I'm still dreaming about that turbo 6 of your yours, I wish I could of seen it run. But I think you said you were having ignition problems with it? Are you going to be fixing it or are there other plans for it? and if you don't mind me asking, did you end up selling any kits?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Supreme Member

yeah i had some ignition problmes,but i was actually out in the back of the pits by the 1/8th mile track messing with the car,im gonna run the car this wensday night @ e-town .i didnt get a chance to meet up with the guys i was supposed to about the turbo kits,cause my gf is just over 8 months pregnant and she wasnt feeling well so we left around 12:30
Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 AM

Car: 1987 Camaro
Engine: 400 sbc
Transmission: 700R4
Hey Dave,

How's the car running these days? Haven't seen/heard from you in a while.....

- Justin
Old 03-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Hey Dave,

How's the car running these days? Haven't seen/heard from you in a while.....

- Justin
yeah have had my hands full my gf is about to give birth to our daughter in the next 2-3 weeks
its doing good,still got a stock motor in the car for now,sometime in april im droping in a 3.3L engine with twin t04e turbos (motors done but i need to fab up the twin turbo headers)this time im oigng away form the stock ecm and running megasquirt ems

anyways ill have the car down at e-town this sunday agan to get some video footage.ill be sure to get the footage up shortly after.

whens the next trip out to the trucks or a bbq?