North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

Hello to all!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002 | 08:29 AM

Hello to all!!!!

Hello,

My name is Tony Guevara aka TAZZ aka tazmision89. Some of you may know me from Etown or from other boards I belong to. Just so that I get off on the right foot I will briefly give you some history of myself.

I live in Elmont Long Island. I just recently purchased an 87 Chevy IROC Z28. The engine has only 4000 miles on it and was built by JA Performance in Franklin Square. It has new heads, intake, pistons, rods and a bunch of other goodies. I just converted the rear for a Ford 9" with 3.73 gearing. I also have on back order a Pro Charger P600-B Super Charger w/intercooler. Unfortunately it's on 4 week back order and will not be ready for CIVIL WAR @ Etown on August 17th. The tranny has only 10,000 on it and was purchased through GM Performance online. The car is now sitting on ROH Snyper rims for the street and for the track I have 2 Mickey T ET Streets. Line lock has been installed as well as a B&M console megashifter.

I also am the owner of Tri State GM Club. I started this club back in 1999 and have over 100 active members. Basically, TSGM acts a forefront for it's chapters. TSGM has been in magazines like GMHTP, HPP and Fast Fords. We strictly are about keeping it legal and do not in no way approve of any form of street racing. I am proud that I have many law enforcement officers as part of organization that constantly remind our members of the dangers and consequences involved around this illegal activity.

Also, I organized last years American Iron Shootout that was held in Cecil County Dragway last April and I am currently working on 2 major events for next year. Of course with the success of AIS 2002, May of 2003 will bring AIS 2003 to be held at Cecil County Dragway. I am also working on the 1st ever Six Pack Nationals to be held at the same track for late October.

I participate on others boards throughout the internet and I am currently an Administrator of GMForums.com.

I look forward to being an active member of this board and learn more about the 3rd gen F-body.

Regards,
Old 08-04-2002 | 12:10 PM

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 355 carbed
Transmission: t-5
Wellcome to the board. I wanted to post a reply earlier like Friday but i got into my system in my car way to much. It sounds like you have a pretty bad a$$ car on your hands. How far into long island is elmont? My pops lives in huntington and owns a autobody shop in seataucket. He painted my car and i am redoing the paint in a couple of weeks. let us know if you are going to e-town one day and i would love to seet hat car run.
Old 08-05-2002 | 06:30 AM

Thanks Twiz!!!

Elmont is right next to the Queens/Long Island border by Hempstead TPK. I actually live more on the Franklin Square area

I will be at Etown on the 17th for Civil War as well I will be doing some filming that day for my new promotional music video for AIS 2003. Let me know if your going maybe we can cruise up to Etown together
Old 08-05-2002 | 03:26 PM

That is next Saturday right? What kind of Civil War is going on? How much is it to get in and watch I don't want to race in something called Civil War. Expecially the way my car is running the way it is. Do you know how to adjust carbs and chokes? Because i need mine adjusted really bad, at least it feels like it. My choke light is always going on. Plus I got a little valve tap or an exhaust leak. I think it is a valve tap because it is always there and wouldn't an exhaust leak kind of go away when the engine was hot? Well let me know I can definatly meet you there or somewhere on the way down and cruise.
Old 08-06-2002 | 07:41 AM

That is next Saturday right?
Saturday, August 17th, 2002 Gates open at 9:00am Sharp!!

What kind of Civil War is going on?
Civil War is an event that pits All GM EFI Vehicles against All GM F-Bodies

How much is it to get in and watch I don't want to race in something called Civil War.
It is 20 bucks to get in and race 10 to watch

Expecially the way my car is running the way it is. Do you know how to adjust carbs and chokes? Because i need mine adjusted really bad, at least it feels like it. My choke light is always going on. Plus I got a little valve tap or an exhaust leak. I think it is a valve tap because it is always there and wouldn't an exhaust leak kind of go away when the engine was hot?
Brotha, I wish I could help ya. I am learning the ropes with this car and I am just as lost as you

Well let me know I can definatly meet you there or somewhere on the way down and cruise.
I leave my house between 6:30am and 6:45am. I meet up with fellow members of my club on the Southern State Parkway heading West. We meet up at the troopers station after Exit 15. From there we take the Belt to the Verazano Bridge to the Gothels Bridge to NJTPK. We get off at Exit 9 and take Rt 18S and meet up with more members at the Dunkin Donuts on Rt 18S. From there we leave at about 8:00am and make our way to the track. It's always a fun cruise to the track
Old 08-06-2002 | 08:18 AM

Ahh sounds like fun. I guess i will be running in the civil war then. It should be fun. I just can't run out of money like i did this week. Boy does that suck and it is only tuesday.