North East Region Regional Board for the North East. Topics like local car shows, cruise nights, good mechanics, machine shops, and so on.

MOT Show wrap-up

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOT Show wrap-up

Hi everyone I just wanted to give a quick update on the Museum show on 7/21/02. All in all there were approximately 150 cars on the field this beautiful day. There were somewhere around 50 to 60 Firebirds, depending on when you were counting. And there were a lot of Camaros. There were 3 Anniversary Trans Ams on hand. About 12 FFCC Member Cars, and 3 members who didn't bring their cars. It was a slow fill in at first, but it didn't take too long for the Firebirds to roll in. Of the Firebirds the largest representation came from the 4th Generation, with a nice showing of the second, and a decent turnout of First Gens and Thirds (I would have like to have seen more Thirds come out of hiding.) Our club members took home some great trophies... With Tim's 99 Arctic White Hawk taking second and Justin Barsalou's 2002 Mecham T/A taking First in the 4th generation category. Dave Nowlan was surprised by his 2nd place win in the First generation category, he brought his 1968 Firebird 400 that he's had since High School! It was a very long day of judging. The 100 point system required a lot of effort and expertise by the judges. Our club judged the Camaros... we had our work cut out for us! Dave (with the 68) and my husband judged the First Generation (17 Cars), Marie (our Events Officer) judged the Second Generation (6 Cars), I judged the Third Generation (15 Cars), Mike Cote judged the Fourth Generation Camaros (14 Cars I think). Our PR guy Brian, handled our club booth for a few hours, too. I also was on the radio "live" for one hour on Sweet Chariots radio show on 1060 AM, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm. It's a great auto enthusiast show, with something for everyone, you can find them at www.sweetchariots.com. Also I made an appearance on a local tv show doing a commentary on the FFCC and the show. We spoke to the Museum after the show, and they are interested in having us do another next year... and who knows where that could go. It was great to see all the F-Bodies in top condition and in such a large variety. We will have photos up on the site very soon. Thanks to those who made the show a success.