Mid-West Region Regional message board for WI, IL, IA, MI, MO, and MN to organize gatherings, meetings, and to help each other out.

Looking for prom/dyno tuning Detroit metro area

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87gta
Engine: dont know yet
Transmission: 700-r4 race prep
Looking for prom/dyno tuning Detroit metro area

I am looking for a metro detroit area tuner. I would like someone to burn me a chip for my mods. I want Him to make the car run perfect in open and closed loop operation.So this person would have to be local. As in Wayne Oakland Macomb county Michigan area.I think the best way to tune it would be to . 1 Burn abase chip for my mods. 2 then put her on a dyno and get the timing right and data log her sensor output. 3 after that make final adjustments and burn a new chip. That is the only way to do it. So I've put Years of time and doe into her and thats how I want it done. If any of you guys think your zen is strong enough to take this on give me a line. I only want guys on this who can get the job done.NO YAGOFFS... I cannot stress that enough no scamers cons or overly expensive untalented morons alloud. So give me a holla if You know any one that is up to this
Old 09-04-2004, 03:30 AM
Supreme Member

well i doubt your "holla" will get heard.

i spent nearly 2 years tracking people down and i've only found one person in michigan who can come close to making things work. with stock/mild applications he'll be right on in under 30 min but depending on how wild it gets trickier. reguardless he does great work, however it doesn't come cheap and you usually will have to go to him.

he's located 15min west of pontiac and you can figure on spending a min of 350 just to get him to work with you. however, he'll be very honest and up front in letting you know wether he can or cannot help you and unlike everyone else he will not stop until it's perfect to you. took him 5 min to get a base chip going to get my car started. something that took tpis 2 chips back and fourth and still wasn't right. he isn't a registed business yet so you'll have to get his number by emailing me.

if you want a registered business the only guy who's come close is troy over at howell motorsports in marine city. they however aren't nearly as good as the guy doing it out of his driveway. go figure.

anyway, this is all assuming your working with original stock computer work. if your looking for fast/dfi programming it gets easier but both these guys will do it as well. good luck searching through the "yagoffs" or whatever that means.

Last edited by Kandied91z; 09-04-2004 at 03:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:14 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 Tpi (and not the average)
Transmission: 5 spd warner
Ya i know a guy

His name is greg banish he was the owner of detroit speedworks b4 they merged with livernois motorsports there website ishttp://livernoismotorsports.com/ Ask for greg tell him joe vitale sent ya thx man
Old 09-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Supreme Member

greg can not do tpi cars....lt1/ls1 things he can claim to do, i have not had him do any tunning for my cars personally but i've known of a few people who have had serious motor problems with them. they closed up shop/ partners went separate ways and now greg tunes for livernois. heavily into mustangs he is.

very nice guy the few times i bought things from them, i know for a fact though he can't do obdI things. i've been everywhere, telling you like it is because i've been there before you. wish someone could have saved me my hassles.

Last edited by Kandied91z; 09-08-2004 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Supreme Member

tpitony...what color is your 92? saw 2 91-92's z's and another rs/iroc looking 3rdgen roll through mt.clemens together. one was teal.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:43 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 Tpi (and not the average)
Transmission: 5 spd warner
ya its a 91 z

i was there with 92rs3.1l and 2 of my buds i have the white one my bud pats got the teal one and my bud rons gotta neon green one we rolled through lookin for you we only seen yer car though.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Supreme Member

i'm never by my car but i'm always near it if that makes any sense....
Old 09-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: Magnacharged LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4:11's
Well, you sound picky! So, you are alot like me Best advice I can give to you is learn how to do it yourself. It's the only way to fly. I bought all the stuff needed to do it and just dug right in. That was two years ago and now I am pretty decent at it. Don't expect to get a perfect chip in one session. These things can be tricky and sometimes issues won't come up right away. On any given sunday I may burn 5-7 chips to work on ONE area of the program. I know professionals are alot better at it than me, but the way I look at it is this: You make the investment once....plus you get the chance to learn something new. Hey, if anything goes wrong....you know who to blame Plus there is TONS of support on this site for the DIY'ers.

James