Mid-West Region Regional message board for WI, IL, IA, MI, MO, and MN to organize gatherings, meetings, and to help each other out.

Looking for Jeromy Ashley of Pekin, IL

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Jeromy Ashley of Pekin, IL

Jeromy Ashley sent a letter & picture to GMHTP for our Street Heat column and I'm trying to track him down to make sure the information in his letter is current. If anyone knows Jeremy, please have him shoot me an e-mail with a phone number I can reach him at. Thanks!

Jim
Old 03-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Supreme Member

does that mean your going to put more thirdgens in the mag????

oh what a blessed day.

:lala:
Old 03-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11
about time to see more thirdgens in that mag
Old 03-28-2004, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Kandied91z
does that mean your going to put more thirdgens in the mag????
I only run third gens in Street Heat when third gen owners send in letters, which doesn't happen too often. Literally, 90% of the mail I get is fourth gen.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:11 AM
Supreme Member

you know gmhtp has a very avid following here, maybe you could suggest what you and your magazine is looking for so some of these guys would know what to shoot for rather then just sitting back and complaining about no thirdgens in your mag.

alot of people don't realize the work and effort that goes into putting out a magazine as well as the type of things you have to go through to find printable material. i'm sure you really don't want to get into it, probably don't have the time either but i know your readers (us) would appreciate it!

Old 03-29-2004, 08:38 AM

Do you mean something like this?

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...61#post1185961

How about an open invitation to one of our magazine shootouts?

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=201563

You'll see what kind of response we got from third gen owners (and for that matter, non-LS1 F-bodies) in future issues.

We'll continue to run every third gen we get for Street Heat, but ignoring the engine and generation differences (because the Buick/SyTy/Vette/GP owners do), the amount of F-body mail we get forces me to be more active in soliciting non F-body owners.

Here's another opportunity- We'll be covering Power Tour again this year and looking for third gens to include in that coverage at every stop. Last year, the third gen pickings were very slim
Old 03-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Z/28..39 Plymouth truck in progress
Engine: S/B
Transmission: Manual
I will be joining at St. Louis don't know if my car is what you want though sounds like there is going to be several third gens on the tour

also if you give me more info on Jeromy Ashley I will try to track him down for you Pekin is only 5 min. from me

Last edited by flrtin1; 03-29-2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:31 PM

For event coverage, I'm just looking for clean third gens- no primered hoods, unpainted ground effects, rustbuckets, etc.... There were only a handful last year, one of which was Mark Metdker's TTA.

Jeromy's car is a dark green '91 Formula with t-tops
Old 03-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 TransAm GTA
Engine: One sweet modified 355 TPI.
Transmission: The kind that shifts....
My car will be at the Chicago stop for the power tour at the Arlington Race Park. Probably won't feature it, but it'll be out.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Supreme Member

jim i never meant to say that gmhtp wasn't apart of this site, i think it's great that someone wether it's rick, yourself or a couple of the other guys check in from time to time.

so many of these guys are dedicated to reading your magazine as they are to building their cars its nice to see when someone such as yourself chimes in from time to time.

for those interested as well gmhtp also has a message forum over at their website. a good place to keep up on the current articles as well as have feedback with the editors.

http://forums.gmhightechperformance....gmhitech/start

Old 03-30-2004, 10:28 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Engine: 2.3 DISI Turbo
Transmission: 6 speed MT
Originally posted by Jim@GMHTP
For event coverage, I'm just looking for clean third gens- no primered hoods, unpainted ground effects, rustbuckets, etc.... There were only a handful last year, one of which was Mark Metdker's TTA.

Jeromy's car is a dark green '91 Formula with t-tops
Any chance there would be a freelance writer or photographer in the area for the Midwest meets coming up this spring/summer? I plan on taking a lot of pics at the Des Moines area meet, but I can only get a couple of good pics worth looking at usually, LOL!

I'll write down specs as I get ones that may be of some sort of use to submit (again, if I get any). Is there a pic or story submission link on your website?
Old 03-30-2004, 05:58 PM

I will be at the Speedseeker's Road America track rental (www.speedseekers.com) for another magazine, but unless there's some kind of "performance" angle going on, versus "appearance," GMHTP really doesn't get into car shows/club gatherings/cruise nights, etc...

Just take a nice picture with a disposable camera and try to make sure there aren't any trees or poles sticking out of your car in the background and your neighbor's Civic isn't parked in the scenery.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Engine: 2.3 DISI Turbo
Transmission: 6 speed MT
I will be at the Speedseeker's Road America track rental (www.speedseekers.com) for another magazine, but unless there's some kind of "performance" angle going on, versus "appearance," GMHTP really doesn't get into car shows/club gatherings/cruise nights, etc...
There will be a dyno at the meet, does that count?

Hopefully, my "305 LT1" setup will be making it's dynoing debut there. Plus this is an all F-body event, so there will be a very broad range of cars to choose from for pictures. I'll make sure Josh sets up the portable dyno in a picturesque spot, LOL!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Supreme Member

will gmhtp be at the fbody nationals in Indy this june?
Old 04-21-2004, 09:09 PM

Car: 1999 Trans Am WS6
Engine: LS1
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Hey flrtin1 and Jim@GMHTP did you ever get a hold of Jeromy?

I know exactly who that is I see his car all the time when I'm in Pekin. Sweet ride got a mean sounding 350!

-Jeremy-
Old 04-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83Z28 HO
Engine: Magnacharged Dart Little M 408
Transmission: G Force 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" w/Detroit Trutrac
For event coverage, I'm just looking for clean third gens- no primered hoods, unpainted ground effects, rustbuckets, etc....
Oh, ok - so just show cars then....
Old 04-21-2004, 10:01 PM

I never did track him down, so feel free to alert him to this thread next time you see him. Unfortunately, I will not be at the NFME this year, as it coincides with the Hot Rod Power Tour, which I will be covering for several different publications.

In response to Confuzed 1, I would use last year's Speedseeker's event in PHR as an example of the kinds of cars that are suitable for event coverage. There were two maroon GTAs at the event both last year and this year. Unfortunately, the quicker GTA was also pretty beat up and the extremely clean GTA didn't have much in the way of modifications, so neither one was really a candidate for a full feature for GMHTP, but both cars are ideal for PHR or GMHTP event coverage. Mike Sexton's Formula was also included in last year's coverage and will probably make the cut again.

Mike had this car up on it's side in the turn 1 sand a few years back and he'll be the first to admit it's not show quality. In spite of it's rough existence, all the body panels are the same color and the dents and dings don't show up too much when he's taking a corner at 70 mph.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83Z28 HO
Engine: Magnacharged Dart Little M 408
Transmission: G Force 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" w/Detroit Trutrac
Ok, that's better then. It justed sounded as if you were saying show quality.

Just think, the newest thirdgen f-body is 12 years old. And mine's an '83!! In primer...

Real nice F-bodies are few and far between around these parts. Might be why 90% of the mail you get is fourth gen.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Supreme Member

sometimes show quality isn't always good either....i've been trying forever to get into gmhtp with no luck and i can't possibly modify the car anymore.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:30 AM

I don't want anyone to get discouraged about getting into GMHTP, because it's much easier than most people think. The reality is, that particular magazine is more concerned with "go" quality than "show" quality. Having said that, virtually anyone who mails a nice color picture and a description to us can get into Street Heat. In addition, event coverage also affords numerous opportunities, it's just a matter of picking the right events. The following pictures are all from last year's NFME-

That is only from one magazine and one event. My coverage for PHR had four additional 3rd gen pictures and who knows how many Jeff Koch included in his coverage for various magazines. By the time all of the coverage is added up, it would be tougher to find a 3rd gen owner who ran in that event that wasn't in a magazine than finding one that was.

I don't know what the other magazines have planned for the NFME this year and perhaps Rick Jensen will assign that event to someone else. I can tell you GMHTP will be at Power Tour along with several other magazines and I will need 3rd gens for our coverage. If a car is really exceptional, it will get pulled aside for a full feature shoot, as was the case with dozens of cars last year.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Supreme Member

how come no major magazines ever attends camaro superfest in ann arbor michigan during july? it has drag racing, autox as well as laps at mid michigan and the largest gathering of camaros for a show?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:46 AM

Good question, maybe you should ask the guys who run the major magazines? Perhaps they'd rather not work during the fourth of July holiday? I know I'd never do it for that reason alone. I miss celebrating my wedding anniversary with my wife the following weekend to cover Goodguys in Columbus for PHR and I'm gone virtually the entire month of June covering events, so you can imagine the doghouse I'd be in if I spent the fourth of July away from home. Besides, isn't that a Worldwide Camaro Club/Ecklers event and don't they have their own magazine?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Supreme Member

i suppose if you'd like to call it that......
Old 04-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Supreme Member

what quailitys does a car need to have to be considered for a feature shoot in the magazine?
Old 04-27-2004, 04:20 PM

It depends on the magazine, which one are you referring to?
Old 04-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Supreme Member

depends on the editor too...

Old 04-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Supreme Member

It depends on the magazine, which one are you referring to?
say a magazine like GMHTP or super chevy.....

just wondering if my car will ever have what it takes
Old 04-28-2004, 10:28 PM

Car: 1990 IROC Z
Engine: blown 390 CI
Transmission: TKO II
I don't know what the other magazines have planned for the NFME this year and perhaps Rick Jensen will assign that event to someone else. I can tell you GMHTP will be at Power Tour along with several other magazines and I will need 3rd gens for our coverage. If a car is really exceptional, it will get pulled aside for a full feature shoot, as was the case with dozens of cars last year.
Jim- I will be on Power Tour this year, and also back at Road America in October, and was there when the TA rolled in the kitty litter off turn one. My car wasn't exactly photo worthy back then, but things have changed since. I am starting PT in Davenport, and hope to see you there. See sig pics if interested. Thanks.

Brian
Old 04-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Supreme Member

one of the editors at superchevy told me that their readers would envision the driver "boping" their head to tupac because of the large wheels and double limo tint!

i got a good laugh out of that one...

Old 04-29-2004, 09:05 AM

Car: 1990 IROC Z
Engine: blown 390 CI
Transmission: TKO II
That isn't why I read SuperChevy......
Old 04-29-2004, 12:45 PM

Car: 91
Engine: 427 with dual stage fogger
Transmission: TH400 with 2.75 1st
Axle/Gears: 4.11 moser 35 splines
B Bunting

He has a very awesome car this year. He has raised the bar for myself and others in the surrounding area for performance and styling on third gens. Way to go Brian!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:22 PM

Re: Looking for Jeromy Ashley of Pekin, IL

This is crazy!!! I'm Jeromy Ashley from Pekin,il!!! This thread is like 6 years old and happen to come accross it!! If anyone knows jim from gmhtp tell him to PM me!! I have another sweet F-Body i would like to Feature in that Mag!!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 PM

Car: 1999 Trans Am WS6
Engine: LS1
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Originally Posted by ws6guru
This is crazy!!! I'm Jeromy Ashley from Pekin,il!!! This thread is like 6 years old and happen to come accross it!! If anyone knows jim from gmhtp tell him to PM me!! I have another sweet F-Body i would like to Feature in that Mag!!
Nice to see you finally found the thread! haha
Old 01-20-2010, 01:06 PM

Hey Jeromy, I don't even write the Street Heat column anymore, but I still do work for GMHTP. Did I run your car in Street Heat? (I probably did)

I just shot a Third Gen feature car down in Indiana a few months back for GMHTP. I think it's a LPE383/6-speed car. I spotted it during Power Tour last year and swung back through to photograph it for Scott.

I am positive GMHTP is still looking for all kinds of clean Third Gens for Street Heat, so send them your info! I will also be on Power Tour again this year, starting in Illinois and going all the way to Mobile and I'll have my cameras with me!

Jim
Old 01-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305CID (LB9)
Transmission: World Class T5
Axle/Gears: 10-bolt, 4.10 gears

Originally Posted by Confuzed1
Ok, that's better then. It justed sounded as if you were saying show quality.

Just think, the newest thirdgen f-body is 12 years old. And mine's an '83!! In primer...

Real nice F-bodies are few and far between around these parts. Might be why 90% of the mail you get is fourth gen.
Try 18 years old. The last third gen rolled off the assembly line in 1992.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Car: 88 T/A, 03 cobra

Originally Posted by 87WS6
Try 18 years old. The last third gen rolled off the assembly line in 1992.
I believe when he wrote that post they were only 12 yrs old. This thread is ancient.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305CID (LB9)
Transmission: World Class T5
Axle/Gears: 10-bolt, 4.10 gears

Originally Posted by devilish1
I believe when he wrote that post they were only 12 yrs old. This thread is ancient.
Yeah I just saw the date on his post.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 898 Likes on 589 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt

Jim I sent you a pm.

I forgot to mention a bunch of other cars but PM me back and I get ya my cell number if you want.

Holy dead thread batman!!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Formula, 79 Trans Am, 72 LeMans
Engine: 305 TPI, 6.6, 350 Pontiac
Transmission: T5, 3 speed, TH350

nm wrong person

Last edited by Camrs89; 02-02-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:42 PM

Nope not me. I went to Pekin high and graduated in 01.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:12 AM

Car: 91
Engine: 427 with dual stage fogger
Transmission: TH400 with 2.75 1st
Axle/Gears: 4.11 moser 35 splines

I knew it was old when I saw BBunting he hasn't had a thirdgen in like 6 years