Mid-Atlantic Region Regional board for all of the Mid-Atlantic states. Discuss gatherings and get togethers.

GTA in Virginia. PLEASE SAVE IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Car: 1985 Z28
Engine: 334 Stroker Superram 222/230
Transmission: Full Manual 700R4 / 3k Street Edge
Axle/Gears: 3.90 Eaton, Moser, Richmond & More
GTA in Virginia. PLEASE SAVE IT!!!

For anyone reading this message and looking for a project car there is a 127k mile GTA in respectable condition (I believe it was a GTA I am rusty on my bird knowledge but it had the GTA nose and taillights) with no accident damage at the pick and pull yard today in Stafford, VA and looked like a new arrival. No major components or body pieces missing and still had full drivetrain plus 90% of the interior from what I saw.

According to their inventory list which is current as of January 1st it is either an 87 or a 90. They have two red "Firebirds" listed. I saw the other red one which is definitely a formula but looks like it doesn't have alot going for it.

It saddens me that so many people scrap these cars that are worthy of being saved vs selling them to a new owner when they break down.

Please come save it before it is too late. I've been wanting to get a GTA. I got sad looking at it sitting there and wanted to buy it from them but already have my hands full with my f-body and can't afford another project ATM! I can meet anyone willing to rescue it and ride out to the yard with you.

http://www.pickapartva.com/
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 89 IROC Z/88 IROC Vert
Engine: 350c.i./305c.i.
Transmission: 700R4/T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.42/4.10
Re: GTA in Virginia. PLEASE SAVE IT!!!

Originally Posted by FireDemonSiC
For anyone reading this message and looking for a project car there is a 127k mile GTA in respectable condition (I believe it was a GTA I am rusty on my bird knowledge but it had the GTA nose and taillights) with no accident damage at the pick and pull yard today in Stafford, VA and looked like a new arrival. No major components or body pieces missing and still had full drivetrain plus 90% of the interior from what I saw. According to their inventory list which is current as of January 1st it is either an 87 or a 90. They have two red "Firebirds" listed. I saw the other red one which is definitely a formula but looks like it doesn't have alot going for it. It saddens me that so many people scrap these cars that are worthy of being saved vs selling them to a new owner when they break down. Please come save it before it is too late. I've been wanting to get a GTA. I got sad looking at it sitting there and wanted to buy it from them but already have my hands full with my f-body and can't afford another project ATM! I can meet anyone willing to rescue it and ride out to the yard with you. http://www.pickapartva.com/
Did you ask about the price?