Members Camaros Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, LT, RS, Z28, and IROC-Z28 Camaros!

First time third gen owner! ('89 Camaro RS in Saudi Arabia)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time third gen owner! ('89 Camaro RS in Saudi Arabia)

Hey guys!

I bought my first third gen f-body last Thursday after years of searching... I found several candidates, a white '91 Camaro Z28 I couldn't afford, a black '91 Trans Am with Mustang tail lights and red '91 Trans Am which crashed while I was negotiating with the owner! But it was a 1989 Camaro RS which I finally got...

You might've seen my very long thread asking for advice on the mentioned candidates. I created a new user name though, since I don't use the old nickname anymore...

Here is my "new" Camaro finally at home next to my family car...

I drove to Riyadh (where the car was at) on Thursday from Khobar (where I live). It's a four hour drive... I left in the morning, and got there around noon. This is when I saw the car for the first time. I took it for a test drive when the temperature was 111 F! The car has around 54K mi on the clock. I am very happy that it's a T-top although many people complain about how much they leak. To me though, a third gen isn't a third gen without the T-tops. The car was also imported into Saudi Arabia from Japan (odd, I know!)

I liked it, made the guy an offer, he liked it... So I made the payment and we started to do the paperwork. I left back to Khobar in the evening (4 more hours of driving, 500 mi total back and forth, excluding driving within Riyadh).

The paperwork was done on Saturday (Thursday and Friday is the weekend here). It was sent from Riyadh the same night on a tow truck and arrived at Khobar Saturday afternoon.

I will be using this car as my daily driver.. There are any things that I want to do to it.. So I hope I'll be quite active here!

Hope to hear your comments/questions!
Attached Thumbnails First time third gen owner! ('89 Camaro RS in Saudi Arabia)-img_20110725_055129.jpg   First time third gen owner! ('89 Camaro RS in Saudi Arabia)-img_20110725_055142.jpg  

Last edited by rayyan; 07-29-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI with zz4 heads
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt BW
Re: First time third gen owner! ('89 Camaro RS in Saudi Arabia)

Not bad you need more pics though
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed, more pics.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Check those side mirrors!
Don't see those much, here in the USA.
Looks great except for the grille.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pab's
Not bad you need more pics though
Originally Posted by puma1552
Agreed, more pics.
Don't worry guys, I'll literally flood you with pictures! I'm just busy these few days! Will try to post some more on Friday!

Originally Posted by ronnjonn
Yeah I thought these mirrors looked strange too! Didn't the turbo Trans Am GTA come with similar mirrors? I want to replace these in the future with the more common ones.

The grille is busted, yeah... I'll have that replaced some time too (the list will only grow!!)
Old 07-26-2011, 02:51 AM

Nice Camaro you got there! Also good being the fact that there aren't that many even left in Saudi Arabia.

P.S: Reluctantly, when I saw your post an saw you were in Khobar I was like whoaa because I have family in Dammam just about 10 miles from you, haha. Gonna be coming there in early August an staying until the first week of September. My dad actually owned 4 Camaro, 2 being of which when he still lived in Saudi Arabia an the last 2 were IROC's when he moved over here to the USA.

Anyways, nice car!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by lha1992
Nice Camaro you got there! Also good being the fact that there aren't that many even left in Saudi Arabia.
This is absolutely how I feel. Unfortunately many 3rd gen F-bodies have been neglected over here and ended up being scrap.

P.S: Reluctantly, when I saw your post an saw you were in Khobar I was like whoaa because I have family in Dammam just about 10 miles from you, haha. Gonna be coming there in early August an staying until the first week of September. My dad actually owned 4 Camaro, 2 being of which when he still lived in Saudi Arabia an the last 2 were IROC's when he moved over here to the USA.
Always nice to meet another 3rd Gen fan! You chose the worst time to visit though! It's gonna be the peak of the summer heat and humidity! According to the thermometer in my car, it reached 122 F today!

Is this gonna be your first visit?
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by rayyan
Always nice to meet another 3rd Gen fan! You chose the worst time to visit though! It's gonna be the peak of the summer heat and humidity! According to the thermometer in my car, it reached 122 F today!

Is this gonna be your first visit?
Oh yes I know its gonna be the worst time to visit, haha! 122 F with 100% humidity I know how that feels.

An actually this is gonna be the 14th time I've been to Saudi Arabia. Been going ever since 1996 when I was 3yrs old. We've been going every year or try to. Didn't go in 1998 for some reason I can't remember why.

We use to go during December when it is ALOT cooler but because of school an now college for me coming up we go in the summer now.

Last year when I was there they were doing a lot of construction on the HWY between Dammam an Khobar, have they finished that yet?? They had been workin on the road since like 2006! haha

Anyways, its a small world how I'm on the other side of the world an I log here to Third Gen an meet someone who's in the country i'm going to visit on the other side of the world!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 AM

Last year when I was there they were doing a lot of construction on the HWY between Dammam an Khobar, have they finished that yet?? They had been workin on the road since like 2006! haha
I have GREAT news for you! They closed more roads! Hahaha! Seriously, they did close more roads, but some of the construction is over. Key word here is some!

Anyways, its a small world how I'm on the other side of the world an I log here to Third Gen an meet someone who's in the country i'm going to visit on the other side of the world!
Well, that's the magic of the internet for ya! Let me know when you get here if you'd like us to meet up!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by rayyan
I have GREAT news for you! They closed more roads! Hahaha! Seriously, they did close more roads, but some of the construction is over. Key word here is some!

Well, that's the magic of the internet for ya! Let me know when you get here if you'd like us to meet up!
Wow! Are you serious? I was 15 in 2007 when they started all the closings of the roads an they still aren't done haha. At this rate might not be until I'm 22 when its all done maybe!

An i was just about to ask you if we could meet up when i'm there? I wanna see that LS powered firebird you got too an talk thirdgen camaros! I'll be flying into Bahrain on Friday night so I can just send you a PM sometime within the next few days an get something planned up.

Last edited by lha1992; 08-03-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:25 AM

I wanna see that LS powered firebird you got too an talk thirdgen camaros!
So you saw the Firebird! I've been meaning to start a new thread for it but I've been busy like crazy (same reason why I still didn't post more pictures of the Camaro).

Check the PM I'm about to send your way.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 AM

More pictures!

Ok guys, as requested, I'm adding new pictures! But instead of attaching them here, I posted them in a Picasa web-album. I never tried sharing these albums before, so I hope this works! Please let me know if you can see the pictures, or if you prefer I post the pictures here instead...

Click on the below link:
My '89 Camaro RS (Photo Album)

Last edited by rayyan; 08-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1987 TA GTA, 1987 IROC 1988 Formula
Engine: 350 tpi/305 tpi/350 tbi
Transmission: All have 700r4's
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt with 3:73's

Originally Posted by ronnjonn
heres mine im in Illinois
Old 08-08-2011, 07:00 AM

Car: Infiniti QX56
Engine: 5.6 V8
Transmission: 5-speed Automatic

What are these side mirrors, and which Camaros/Firebirds came with it?
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1987 TA GTA, 1987 IROC 1988 Formula
Engine: 350 tpi/305 tpi/350 tbi
Transmission: All have 700r4's
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt with 3:73's

Those mirrors are called Paddle mirrors rpo code for it is DD9 only used on export cars and were discontinued early in america.