LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Procharger LSX Serpentine Drive Kit for LT1 swap? can it be modified to work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 z28
Engine: 383 LT1 in the works
Transmission: T-56 in the works
Axle/Gears: 3.73 in the works
Procharger LSX Serpentine Drive Kit for LT1 swap? can it be modified to work?

Can someone with some more knowledge help me out here...

Trying to figure out if i can use the LSX serpentine kit to use on an LT1 in a thirdgen. I want to mount the blower in the some location as this kit (I dont have power steering or any other accessories and this fits in the perfect location for me).

Here is a link to the kit: http://www.procharger.com/LSxTransplant.shtml

I realize i may need to drill new holes for mounting the bracket to the cylinder head but that seems to be the easier part.

Any reason why this kit cant work otherwise? I am thinking if i purchase this kit and then a universal tubing kit with the thirdgen twin-intercooler setup i can piece it all together.

Any thoughts suggestions? Im going to call procharger about this as well.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: Boosted LSX
Re: Procharger LSX Serpentine Drive Kit for LT1 swap? can it be modified to work?

I dont see why not. As you said You might have to redo some holes. maybe space it out some. depends on alignment for belt.

Why start with the LSX one? I thought they had a universal SBC kit? What about making your own bracket setup and buy a head unit? ,etc.
Kinda like the Novi2000 setup I use to run. (Mark made the bracket for a L98 engine.) Then I modified it for my LT1 when I got it. Now its back on another gen1 sbc.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 178 Likes on 89 Posts
Car: 91 Trans Am
Engine: LSA
Transmission: T56 AWD
Axle/Gears: 8.8 4.10
Re: Procharger LSX Serpentine Drive Kit for LT1 swap? can it be modified to work?

Instead of buying and modifying a completely wrong kit, why not buy a head unit and cut your own plate?

Cheaper and fits better in the long run
Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 PM

I am looking for the quickest/easiest route at this point. I work too many hours to go the route of making a bracket at this point I am weighing the options of just paying for and modifying this bracket if it'll save me hours of making one. I'll make up the cost by working those hours...

I agree on the alignment. I think that is the only thing i need to worry about. The tensioner can help with adjustments i would need for the belt. I'd just need the correct crank pullet for the LT1.

They do have a universal SBC kit i think but i forget why that wasnt working for me or what the issue was. I looking into all this months ago but now its time to get into this again. I hope to actually purchase and install everything this coming fall/winter so just want to get all the right info.

This LSX kit just seemed to have the right stuff put together. I'll check with Procharger to see what the difference is between the SBC kit and the LSX kit.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 178 Likes on 89 Posts
Car: 91 Trans Am
Engine: LSA
Transmission: T56 AWD
Axle/Gears: 8.8 4.10

Check out the LS1 brackets on ls1tech, aster I think

Fix some problems and are built to order. Might be able to make a custome set for you
Old 10-14-2013, 06:01 PM

You're right pocket. Just trying to figure out the easiest way but you are right.

Here are some pics of my engine bay and what i am working with.

I am not too familiar with clocking of the head units. Any thoughts on that and what i should look at? stay way from?

Anyone know if ATI runs any sales around black friday or the holidays? THis is going to be an expensive purchase between the head unit, twin intercooler setup, plumbing, etc.. so trying to figure out when the best time to purchase everything is.
Attached Thumbnails Procharger LSX Serpentine Drive Kit for LT1 swap? can it be modified to work?-fs1.jpg   Procharger LSX Serpentine Drive Kit for LT1 swap? can it be modified to work?-fs2.jpg  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Supreme Member

This page should have all the dimensions you need to compare the 2.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-3LSBB...-3LSBB-001.htm

Page 32 here
http://www.procharger.com/pdf/Chevy.Prod.bb.pdf

Few more links to help ya
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-AB007...AB007A-085.htm
Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 AM

thanks for the info! i'll get in touch with brutespeed as well since it seems like many people are turning to them for info/kits
Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Supreme Member

Cool, let us know what ya find and use. Ya should go with a F1R
Old 10-15-2013, 08:01 PM

Sounds like the SBC setup is the way to go. Spoke with Bob from Brutespeed and he hasnt done this particular setup before but believes this may be the best way. I assume so as well other than a custom bracket which would probably provide a better fit and better look. The bracket is insanely expensive too.. over $600 from Brutespeed.

That is just absurd for just mounting the head unit. Three bolts mount to the head and the block i believe and the head unit mounts to the other end of the bracket.

F1R is probably a bit much lol, although i may be able to support up to 15 lbs. However, i am not trying to squeeze out every bit of power. I am looking for good realiable power that i can use without too many headaches. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I am all set. I'll probably be running the D1SC at 12 lbs and enjoy it for what it is. I have no plans to be running down the strip to maximize 1/4 mi. times or anything. I'll probably tune more on the efficiency side than the power side if I had to choose but will consider a second file for maximum power.

On LS1tech i saw a photo where someone mounted the head unit with the outlet facing the driver side between 2 o' clock and 3 'o clock (looking at the car from the front) and right up against the strut tower but it looked like it worked. I am wondering what the clocking position would be so i can order the same setup.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 PM

Just found a video of a camaro with what looks like the SBC bracket and the head unit positioned exactly the way i want it. Need to figure out exactly how to order it so its clocked correctly.

i cant wait to hear that blower whine/whistle in person.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Supreme Member

my Novi2000 could be rotated and clocked how ever you wanted. Not sure about the Prochargers.

This was all durring mock up.

Here it was clocked the other way for a fmic

This is it mounted to a gen1 SBC in another members car now.

I think if you buy a Gen1 sbc kit. You chould have minimal mods to get it to work fine on a LT1.

The only think I had to change when I got this setup from mark was the notch the bracket because of the direction of the LT1 radiator hose.
You can see how close it was here

Thats the only area I see a D1SC setup for a TPI car causing a light problem.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Supreme Member

This is a old post but has some good Pic's for reference is ya need.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engi...ow-though.html
Old 10-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Supreme Member

any progress on info for your bracket , etc..
Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 PM

I am currently just shopping around for best pricing. Trying to find time between work. Sucks that everyone is closed during weekends. Im working 12-16 hrs a day during the week so never have time then on the weekends no one is ever open to get any information or shop around.... it would make sense for more shops to be open on weekends rather than weekdays.

My plan is to get the SBC bracket from some place that allows returns, if at all possible, or buy a used bracket if I can find one for a lower price and then get everything else. Or I may wait until the holidays or black friday to see if anything happens as far as deals that weekend and jump on things then. $700 (after shipping) for a bracket is just unheard of.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM

Update: I just spoke with procharger and confirmed a few things so I can start putting together a parts list.

I need to put together a custom kit consisting of the following:

- SBC Main Bracket
- LT1 Crank Pulley
- Repositioner Bracket for more adjustability
- intercooler (will have to measure and see what i can fit and where i want to mount it - probably looking at a 3-core intercooler mounted in the large empty space in behind the front bumper.
- race bypass valve incase i decide to run more than 12 lbs of boost at some point. The standard black valve is good for up to 12 lbs of boost. I may consider a 15 lb tune at some point if the motor can handle it.

Will see what I come up with as far as costs once I gather all the right parts.