LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

PCM tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: '85 IrocZ
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.73
PCM tuning

What is the quickest and cheapest way I can start making changes to the PCM? I'm going to need to tune out the VATS, id like to remove EGR functions as well and view sensor outputs as usual. Typical stuff lol, but can i just buy the OBD2 cable like this: http://www.obd2allinone.com/sc/details.asp?item=obd2usb

and use HP tuners or EFI-Live etc with my laptop? or is there other equipment required? thanks! I need to learn new stuff because I'm coming over from '165 $6e on my old TPI
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1987 Trans Am
Engine: LQ9/L92
Transmission: 4L60E
Re: PCM tuning

that tool is only for reading data, it will not let you program the pcm. pcm programmers for the LSx family tend to start in the $400+ range unless you can find one used, then there's the licensing fun that some programs require. the hardware and software are sold together in order to make sure they are compatible with each other