LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Lt1 PCV and crank case venting - F-body vs Vette??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 z28
Engine: 383 LT1 in the works
Transmission: T-56 in the works
Axle/Gears: 3.73 in the works
Lt1 PCV and crank case venting - F-body vs Vette??

What is the difference between the f-body and vette pcv and crankcase venting systems? I am finding many different ways to install these two and am not getting clear answers on which way to go.

Here are my plans and some questions on how to setup this entire system. Please let me know if it makes sense or there are some flags to raise with what I am doing.

First off, I am keeping the PCV setup and not using breathers.

Drive side of LT1 intake - large hole gets grommet with PCV valve and a u-shaped hose that goes into a port just above and to the right of the PCV (if you are looking at the driver side of the intake). This is a vette setup correct? Anything wrong with this instead of connecting the PCV to the front of the LT1 intake under the TB (which is the f-body setup right?). Right now i have the port under the TB plugged.

Next the driver side valve cover is completely sealed. No plans for any modifications.

The passenger side valve cover has a hole in it which I put a grommet and another PCV valve with a hose going into a catch can to seperate out the oil vapors and then from the catch can into the bottom (or top?) port of the TB on the passenger side.

This basically covers my setup. Am i missing anything or doing something wrong? I have NO vacuum lines going to a brake booster as I am not using one and no HVAC lines or setup either.