LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

finally decided to go with an LSx swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z
Engine: Somethin Nice!!
Transmission: T56
finally decided to go with an LSx swap

ive decided to join the dark side and do an LSx swap and i was wondering if i just got a donor 98+ 4th gen car, could i just take the the entire fuel system and have it be a easy swap in? i mean like take the plastic gas tank and the fuel pump and all that stuff and just swap it all in along with the motor? i know the filler neck will need to be shortened but everything else would just swap right in right?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 93 240SX
Engine: LQ9
Axle/Gears: 3.54 R200 IRS
Re: finally decided to go with an LSx swap

Originally posted by C Murda
ive decided to join the dark side and do an LSx swap and i was wondering if i just got a donor 98+ 4th gen car, could i just take the the entire fuel system and have it be a easy swap in? i mean like take the plastic gas tank and the fuel pump and all that stuff and just swap it all in along with the motor? i know the filler neck will need to be shortened but everything else would just swap right in right?
Still gonna need custom work with the fuel lines, though you should be able to get around the extra pressure regulator.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Supreme Member

Car: Take
Engine: Your
Transmission: Pick
Re: Re: finally decided to go with an LSx swap

Originally posted by Z28*****
Still gonna need custom work with the fuel lines, though you should be able to get around the extra pressure regulator.
Extra pressure regulator? If he swaps the entire system, the only regulator will be the one in the pump assembly. Because the regulator is in the tank eliminating the need to have a return line from the rail, it is classified as a returnless system. There are no other regulators, nor would he need his old one. Not sure what you were refering to.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 93 240SX
Engine: LQ9
Axle/Gears: 3.54 R200 IRS
Re: Re: Re: finally decided to go with an LSx swap

Originally posted by GMTech
Extra pressure regulator? If he swaps the entire system, the only regulator will be the one in the pump assembly. Because the regulator is in the tank eliminating the need to have a return line from the rail, it is classified as a returnless system. There are no other regulators, nor would he need his old one. Not sure what you were refering to.
The extra regulator being the aftermarket return regulator he would need without the tank......
Old 08-22-2005, 05:06 PM

Car: 91 Camaro
Engine: LO3 305 TBI
Transmission: 5 Speed
i also have a 4th gen parts car and am wondering about the fuel situation..so what i understand is if the 4th gen tank and fuel regulator(which is in the tank) is swapped there will be no need for a return lin?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Supreme Member

I misunderstood Z28ricers post. I guess he meant that if you use the 4th gen stuff, you'll get by with NOT having to purchase an additional (aftermarket) regulator. And that is true. If you use the 4th gen pump, which has the regulator mounted inside the assembly, then you don't need any other regulator OR return line. Just a fuel feed to the rail and an Purge line if you decide to keep the evaporative emissions in tact.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:06 PM

Car: 91 Z
Engine: Somethin Nice!!
ok ya im talking about basically taking everything over from the donor car and putting it in my 91 Z so i will be using the same set up as an LS1 4th gen. so everything but the custom fuel lines, ill be all set with the fuel system right?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Supreme Member

Yes. As far as the fuel lines, I have not used 4th gen lines, but most (if not all, don't remember) of the line is Nylon, so you do have some flexibility with it, should you need to re-route it. But DO NOT kink the nylon lines.