LSX and LTX Parts Looking to buy or sell LSX or LTX parts? Post it here.

[For Sale] Partial hot side for a T6 turbo, LS engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 11:01 PM
BDR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '91 Camaro
Engine: Mild 283
Transmission: TH400
Partial hot side for a T6 turbo, LS engine

No, I'm not bailing on my project. So..I needed help having my IC and radiator mounted up front in my Camaro. I had an idea how to do it, but being that I'm new to fabricating, I didnt want to install it and it look like ****. The turbo setup wasnt hard, just time consuming. My WG was also interfering with my electric fan setup (Derale dual truck fans) so it would need to be cut off and the tube put on the inside and maybe modify what I've done to make it work because of the IC and how big my radiator is. Shop said, its quicker to just make this part again instead of modify yours. Being that Christmas is coming up, I said screw it..do it that way I can start working on it again. I'll just use my current modified manifolds, fab up the rest and put this in the garage for a future project. Being that I'm not going to do another 3rd gen, I figured I'd sell it for cheap, maybe someone here will want it.

Price is $400 + shipping, NO PAYPAL. Money Orders only.

DETAILS:
It does not reach clear across from frame to frame by design. I welded a piece of 1/4" steel to my frame and bolted this to it that way it comes out when I want. It is MIG welded and I had it coated at a local shop. I bought the merge from Colombia Mandrel Bends along with the tubing which is alumized steel, 16 gauge. It is 2.25" with v-band flanges and a t6 flange. There are about 3 t6 flanges stacked one on top of another because my turbo, an s475, would hit the square tubing bracket I made so I had to elevate the turbo. I'm a newbie welder but I spent time with a die grinder on each piece that I cut so that on the inside there wasnt any burrs before I welded it. Its heavy also. If you are going to run this as-is you will need to be creative if you are using an IC. Your radiator may need to be moved forward a little bit.

My setup I used a Dirty Dingo drivers side alt bracket mounted "up high". I am only running a WP and alternator. No a/c or power steering.

*** YOU WILL NEED TO RUN CORVETTE LS2 PARTS ***. That means the water pump, crank pulley and alternator bracket of some sort unless you use the one I did. Reason being is that the alternator/belt will be in the way of the turbo.

DO NOT JUST BUY THIS AND MAKE ASSUMPTIONS!!! ASK QUESTIONS! I DONT GIVE REFUNDS BECAUSE OF STUPIDITY!

I have pics on this forum of how I made it and of it mounted.
Attached Thumbnails Partial hot side for a T6 turbo, LS engine-20151204_223721.jpg   Partial hot side for a T6 turbo, LS engine-20151204_223733.jpg   Partial hot side for a T6 turbo, LS engine-20151204_223800.jpg  

Last edited by BDR; 12-04-2015 at 11:05 PM.